Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for team members for crypto MMORPG project!  (Read 313 times)
cubicverse (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:49:04 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 12:06:44 PM by cubicverse

Hello, I am looking for team members for my Cryptocurrency project that will be integrated into my MMO game. I have created an Ethereum token which will become the currency of the video game and I need coders and promoters to join my team. We can work out payment during our discussions. If you are interested then please email me at admin@cubicverse.com and then join the MMO game's Slack channel at https://infinite-ocean-77458.herokuapp.com/ then DM me at tobeyrowe or do a general message and add my name in your message by typing @tobeyrowe so that way I know a message was sent on the channel. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:06:24 AM

Bump! I am still looking for team members so anyone that is interested please contact me. Thank you.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:30:47 AM

You have made an ingame currency and now trying to build the whole game around it aiming to get a profit. That is not how games should be made mate. You should at first make a ful lore of tour game and then add some features that seem interesting to you (like your token). You should also find a way to implement this cryptocurrency to the game and make a difference between normal ingame money and token. imho the feature that people should play your game only because  they can sell their ingame currency is a bad idea. You won't get followers and your token will worth nothing.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:04:01 AM

You have made an ingame currency and now trying to build the whole game around it aiming to get a profit. That is not how games should be made mate. You should at first make a ful lore of tour game and then add some features that seem interesting to you (like your token). You should also find a way to implement this cryptocurrency to the game and make a difference between normal ingame money and token. imho the feature that people should play your game only because  they can sell their ingame currency is a bad idea. You won't get followers and your token will worth nothing.

Where did you get the idea that i dont already have a game built? I do have a game built it just has a few bugs in it that need to be fixed before i release it to the market. But just to clarify i do have a game already developed and now i need a team to help me fix the few bugs in it and bring it to market along with this new token. Thank you.
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:16:54 AM

To make an Ethereum token you need only 5 minutes.
Is it all your contribution to a game development?
Do you have detailed design document? Do you have any gamedev-related experience?

I'm asking because right now your post looks like "Hello, I have only raw idea and looking for fools that ready to work for free"
By the way, MMO is really HARD genre and you need at least few years to make something viable (if we are talking about real MMO, not about CryptoKitties clone).
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:23:41 AM

Can you tell us more about your game? While the idea is nice and novel, actual implementation is another thing. Building an actual game, especially an MMO on the blockchain, demands (if not even requires) a bit more sense and professionalism than simply asking people online by saying "hey lets build an MMO." There are game studios that take years and years of hard work to release a game, doing it with random unpaid strangers online make it less likely to succeed.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

Hello thank you for your comments. I noticed that you all seem to think that my game is just an idea when i have said already to the one of the other people who commented that i already have an indie MMORPG developed. All i am needing now is to have an Ethereum token developed as its in-game currency. So let me make it clear that the MMORPG is DEVELOPED there is only a couple of small bugs in the game that needs fixing but all in all its a developed game. Thank you.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 08:40:34 AM

Bump!
JohnJacobA

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:54:22 AM

Seems to me like a way of quickly liquidating assets into personal profit and hitting the road. That's the biggest problem contemporary MMOs have, people behind them start with the goal of earning money, and creativity is thrown into the bin.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:02:22 AM

Seems to me like a way of quickly liquidating assets into personal profit and hitting the road. That's the biggest problem contemporary MMOs have, people behind them start with the goal of earning money, and creativity is thrown into the bin.

I dont understand what your trying to say? In my opinion all MMO's were developed to make money i mean why would people spend all that time and money on development to not earn money and plus it the benefit of earning money makes the developers work harder on creativity. But thats just my opinion.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:00:31 AM

Bump!
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:56:18 AM

Hello, I am looking for team members for my Cryptocurrency project that will be integrated into my MMO game. I have created an Ethereum token which will become the currency of the video game and I need coders and promoters to join my team. We can work out payment during our discussions. If you are interested then please email me at admin@cubicverse.com and then join the MMO game's Slack channel at https://infinite-ocean-77458.herokuapp.com/ then DM me at tobeyrowe or do a general message and add my name in your message by typing @tobeyrowe so that way I know a message was sent on the channel. Thank you.

I think you're quite young or totally not into the game development. If you need a game, then you firstly need a great idea of a lore and game mechanic. You should create the world of the game just as the writer creates the world of his book: a plot of a story, a logical ties, characters, nature, politic maybe and so on.

Also that can be the third variant: you're going to develop a simple browser game with cryptotransactions included. That can make a sense but than I don't believe you can achieve your goals -- it's too much regular browser games and the competition is way too high.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:07:34 PM

I think you're quite young or totally not into the game development. If you need a game, then you firstly need a great idea of a lore and game mechanic. You should create the world of the game just as the writer creates the world of his book: a plot of a story, a logical ties, characters, nature, politic maybe and so on.

Also that can be the third variant: you're going to develop a simple browser game with cryptotransactions included. That can make a sense but than I don't believe you can achieve your goals -- it's too much regular browser games and the competition is way too high.

I dont know how many more times I have to say that the game is already developed. Are you guys just not reading that or not believing me or something? I dont mean to be rude but this is crazy that I have had to state this four times already back to back that the game is already developed and that I am just needing a team for the cryptocurrency part and to help promote the cryptocurrency and game. But I will say again the game is developed.
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:13:40 PM

I am not here to apply for the position but this gets me exciting to see MMORPG in cryptocurrency. Ill follow this future project cause Im a fan of MMORPG kind of games. Hope this continues.
cubicverse (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:16:06 PM

I am not here to apply for the position but this gets me exciting to see MMORPG in cryptocurrency. Ill follow this future project cause Im a fan of MMORPG kind of games. Hope this continues.

Hello, thank you for your interest in the game. Please stay tuned to this post or PM me for more information when the information comes available.
DiscretePatriot

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:20:43 PM

I agree with the creativity part as most MMOs in the past and present prioritize money over improving content.

However, hitting the road would be a bad move since continuous earnings are far better.. That is if the community grows.
Futourist

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:17:35 PM

Good luck, you're going to need a huge, experienced team to pull of a relevant-in-2017 MMORPG with no established IP. Games are hard. I wouldn't go back into game dev industry in it's current state.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: