Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to sell/buy bitcoins without fees?  (Read 10127 times)
jors (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:14:39 PM

I am new on the BTC world and only know about websites (MtGox, Tradehill...) that offer trading by paying some (small? really dunno) fees. The question would be: Is there any other good (secure, reliable) way to trade online WITHOUT FEES? If that had been asked before and the answer is already on the forums, I would be gratefull if someone points me to it.

Thanks & cheers!

Edited!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 12:23:51 PM

I am new on the BTC world and only know about websites (MtGox, Tradehill...) that offer trading by paying some (small? really dunno) fees. The question would be: Is there any other good (secure, reliable) way to trade online? If that had been asked before and the answer is already on the forums, I would be gratefull if someone points me to it.

Thanks & cheers!

You generally get the best price on the most active trading sites, the fees are negligible. With MtGox via Dwolla you are looking at 25 cents and 0.3% right now.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jors (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:27:56 PM

You generally get the best price on the most active trading sites, the fees are negligible. With MtGox via Dwolla you are looking at 25 cents and 0.3% right now.

Thanks Freemoney. I guess there are other ways of trading without fees but less reliable (in instance, trading with individuals via other ways such as paypal, etc).
zaphod

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:30:43 PM

Everyone says be super careful with paypal...
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 12:33:38 PM

You can have fee free exchange on http://bitmarket.eu

jors (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:30:58 PM

You can have fee free exchange on http://bitmarket.eu

Thanks ploum, seems a good site to operate with.
Frank White

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:24:59 PM

PM me I have access to large amt of coins at all times and deal in predominatly large volume trades, but i can accomodate others on occasion

Im rated on the irc and have people to vouch for me, so no issues there.. As always deal with me if you feel comfortable only.

Accept most payment options also, let me know!

Thanks Smiley
jors (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:12:53 PM

Hi there Frank, I appreciate it but I rather using some exchange platform for the benefit of all.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:42:34 PM

0.3% yes on mt. gox for the next two weeks once they open trading. I'm just glad I got my $ and BTC back in my possession.

At this rate of difficulty changes the price of bitcoins has to go up. There my be a dip to maybe $10 or $12 but it will rebound strongly soaring past $32.
 Shocked

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jors (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 12:15:17 AM

Haven't requested prizes or forecasts, so please, stick to the subject when answering. Thanks.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:02:48 AM

One of the best ways is likely by using #bitcoin-otc over on Freenode, assuming you have the patience to get a good reputation.

Naven

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 08:43:45 AM

If u got polish bank account go to http://bitomat.pl
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:36:36 AM

Everyone says be super careful with paypal...
That's because you shouldn't use it. Paypal doesn't like Bitcoin much and will freeze any accounts that it discovers were used to trade Bitcoin.

Note: Bitcoin users don't have their Paypals frozen, you have to actually bring Paypal into it and use it for buying or selling bitcoins to have your account frozen.

Edit: Oh, and of course there's the fact that they can just dispute the payment and steal your money back with you having no way of getting your bitcoin back.

KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:11:08 AM

I've read some folks have had PayPal accounts frozen. However I also see many bitcoins available on Ebay. Many people use PayPal to pay on Ebay, in fact many of the bitcoin auctions only accept PayPal-based payments. I haven't been involved in any bitcoin transactions on PayPal but it appears there's only an issue if you sell, someone buys and then disputes, which gets PayPal actually involved in the process as more than just a payment gateway.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
jors (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:14:01 AM

One of the best ways is likely by using #bitcoin-otc over on Freenode, assuming you have the patience to get a good reputation.

Thanks Maged, I am not sure if I'll be patient enough, but at least I'll have a look at the channel.

Twhat's because you shouldn't use it. Paypal doesn't like Bitcoin much and will freeze any accounts that it discovers were used to trade Bitcoin.

Note: Bitcoin users don't have their Paypals frozen, you have to actually bring Paypal into it and use it for buying or selling bitcoins to have your account frozen.

Edit: Oh, and of course there's the fact that they can just dispute the payment and steal your money back with you having no way of getting your bitcoin back.

Wow, didn't know Paypal was that evil with bitcoin. Won't use it as a payment method, so I will have to strictly use bank transfer or credit card. Thanks Tronlet.
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:28:43 AM

Register to Mt.gox,
wait for a crash and then buy some btcs.
If you are lucky the crash was doe to hack
and if your trade were effectively canceled during the the sell-off,
Mt.gox will show as a token gratitude for your extreme patience
and you will be able to trade for free for   Cool 1 month  Cool

leaving out the cynicism, I really think that after that incident they will be the most secure and reliable in that market
jors (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:27:40 AM

I've read some folks have had PayPal accounts frozen. However I also see many bitcoins available on Ebay. Many people use PayPal to pay on Ebay, in fact many of the bitcoin auctions only accept PayPal-based payments. I haven't been involved in any bitcoin transactions on PayPal but it appears there's only an issue if you sell, someone buys and then disputes, which gets PayPal actually involved in the process as more than just a payment gateway.

Oh, then maybe there are only problems on dispute, but it's still risky business, so I try to avoid Paypal as payment method Sad
jors (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:37:58 AM

Register to Mt.gox,
wait for a crash and then buy some btcs.
If you are lucky the crash was doe to hack
and if your trade were effectively canceled during the the sell-off,
Mt.gox will show as a token gratitude for your extreme patience
and you will be able to trade for free for    1 month  

leaving out the cynicism, I really think that after that incident they will be the most secure and reliable in that market.

As I said, I'm not planning to pay any fees and I don't want a site that requests funds to operate with (like MtGox or Tradehill). Bitmarket.eu doesn't need such requirements and that's how I like it to be.
Harwinder

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 02:46:59 PM

Stick with the ones with fees, its like paying for protection.  it wont make much of a difference but in the end it will be worth it
deplicator

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:50:02 PM

I've sold on Bitcoin7, TradeHill, and MtGox (before they had problems), and I can honestly say I liked Bitcoin7 the best. I like the ticker right on the front page that shows what offers are being made. I like the fact I can see that without having to log in. Orange makes me feel comfortable too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: