Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playkey.io ICO , Miner GPUs will render games  (Read 582 times)
blacktux88 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 09:32:14 PM

hello guys

of course i now that im in bounty programm of playkey.io  Roll Eyes

but   Grin

i want to open this threat to ask how you guys could imagine how the mining part will work.  Huh Huh

I have read on their site https://playkey.io/ that also the miners could give the GPU performance to render the games engine and earn money or coins.

I have asked the support but they cant give me any information for now , because ico will start in a few weeks.
I have testet the demo with an temporary Steam Account.
I have to say it worked verry well. I could play blockbuster title on my Mac  Roll Eyes Grin

soo please be free to give me your insperations how it could work.

thanks blacktux

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:59:27 AM

This won't work and it's just another topic used to profit from the ICO scamfest.

It's not just rendering, it's basically a streaming service > a computer rendering the game but sending the screen output to another device.

Sort of like Nvidia Shield or Steam Link except it's not done locally, but remotely so that means that people using the service would need very fast internet and even then it would have huge latency (compared to local network).

The whitepaper argues that most people can't play games with the highest settings but the video feed would have to be compressed to a degree which means a maxed out game will look like it's on low settings. An uncompressed video feed would require very fast (as in high bandwidth) internet.

The nvidia shield for example requires "50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality" (source) which is easy to get on your local WiFi which probably have 70-100 Mbps speeds. Now people would need 50Mbps internet connection. And don't even dream about 4k...

And miners would also have to have that much upload speed per game they're "mining" AND they'd have to have the other specs of a game met (CPU/memory/disk space) so it doesn't scale at all.

And most importantly, you simply can't render games in a decentralized manner (there's no way to break rendering down to chunks in existing games) so only 1 miner could render a game for someone else playing. That miner could stop anytime losing progress for the gamer. The gamer would also want to play games on his account which would be hard to hide from the miner who would be running the game.

The whitepaper also says such delusions as mining would be
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;

Which is just nonsense.

And even if the impossible would be done and more computers could collectively stream the same game for 1 person playing in a decentralized manner, one miner having a lagspike or any short issue would surely create visual glitches. But again, you can't render games in real time without the whole game running so it's a moot point.

Not your keys, not your coins!
blacktux88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:09:49 AM

Thanks for your opinion.
Im really exciting if the have any fix for the main issue !
Maybe they  are focused on the datacenter thing.

The demo works , i have tried it on my MAC.
But thats why i have opened the thread i want to get more opinion about the "mining" part.

Thanks and hope for more opinions

This won't work and it's just another topic used to profit from the ICO scamfest.

It's not just rendering, it's basically a streaming service > a computer rendering the game but sending the screen output to another device.

Sort of like Nvidia Shield or Steam Link except it's not done locally, but remotely so that means that people using the service would need very fast internet and even then it would have huge latency (compared to local network).

The whitepaper argues that most people can't play games with the highest settings but the video feed would have to be compressed to a degree which means a maxed out game will look like it's on low settings. An uncompressed video feed would require very fast (as in high bandwidth) internet.

The nvidia shield for example requires "50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality" (source) which is easy to get on your local WiFi which probably have 70-100 Mbps speeds. Now people would need 50Mbps internet connection. And don't even dream about 4k...

And miners would also have to have that much upload speed per game they're "mining" AND they'd have to have the other specs of a game met (CPU/memory/disk space) so it doesn't scale at all.

And most importantly, you simply can't render games in a decentralized manner (there's no way to break rendering down to chunks in existing games) so only 1 miner could render a game for someone else playing. That miner could stop anytime losing progress for the gamer. The gamer would also want to play games on his account which would be hard to hide from the miner who would be running the game.

The whitepaper also says such delusions as mining would be
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;

Which is just nonsense.

And even if the impossible would be done and more computers could collectively stream the same game for 1 person playing in a decentralized manner, one miner having a lagspike or any short issue would surely create visual glitches. But again, you can't render games in real time without the whole game running so it's a moot point.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:25:56 PM

Yes, they seem to have a working product so it's not a scam, I apologize and I take that back.

After testing the demo, the quality and latency is as expected so this service is not for every genre; for shooter/brawlers/platformers for example where latency is critical it doesn't work well.

But it's not that bad but I feel like the whitepaper tryied hard to make it much better than it is.

Not your keys, not your coins!
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 05:47:14 PM

Interesting find. The idea behind the coin is good and servers a real world purpose, but, it limits itself too much by being a coin just for rendering gaming.

There is a more ambitious counterpart for this coin and it takes on rendering not just for games, but for every other purpose as well (3D graphics, animations, gaming, etc.).
It's called RNDR or RenderToken (https://rendertoken.com). Seems like a solid project with a great leader, Jules Urbach (well-known pioneer of 3D web-gaming whose done work for Disney, Macromedia, etc).

I'll let you explore the coin and decide which is better. Enjoy!

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
blacktux88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 08:35:47 AM

Interesting find. The idea behind the coin is good and servers a real world purpose, but, it limits itself too much by being a coin just for rendering gaming.

There is a more ambitious counterpart for this coin and it takes on rendering not just for games, but for every other purpose as well (3D graphics, animations, gaming, etc.).
It's called RNDR or RenderToken (https://rendertoken.com). Seems like a solid project with a great leader, Jules Urbach (well-known pioneer of 3D web-gaming whose done work for Disney, Macromedia, etc).

I'll let you explore the coin and decide which is better. Enjoy!

looks really nice project, thanks for the share i will look at it ..

Thanks guys for discussion.  Cool Cool

blacktux88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 08:39:05 AM

Yes, they seem to have a working product so it's not a scam, I apologize and I take that back.

After testing the demo, the quality and latency is as expected so this service is not for every genre; for shooter/brawlers/platformers for example where latency is critical it doesn't work well.

But it's not that bad but I feel like the whitepaper tryied hard to make it much better than it is.

You are alright , the latency part is the most difficult to solve !
As i tested it doom was ok to play i hope it would get a little bit better.

Guys the future will get amazing , playing on "all" devices could be possible.

thanks

dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:44:32 PM

thanks

i think playing on all devices is a great feature. But i have not got how they would done it with the mining part. Do you know it?
blacktux88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 08:47:13 PM

hey ...

I have got an message from the devs which says that they will form a nice construcion build.
But official they cant say anything to the end of the ico

thanks

Mayby there will work like the rendertoken , but the problem with the latency would be a big one

thanks

i think playing on all devices is a great feature. But i have not got how they would done it with the mining part. Do you know it?

dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:58:02 PM

hey ...

I have got an message from the devs which says that they will form a nice construcion build.

thanks

Mayby there will work like the rendertoken , but the problem with the latency would be a big one

thanks

Thank you for you answer maybe i will invest a litte bit in this ICO. But interesting is the part for mining and playing the games without good hardware.

blacktux88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 08:58:50 PM

Nice idea we have to support them to success and after that to fly to moon
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

hey ...

thanks

thanks

Thank you for you answer maybe i will invest a litte bit in this ICO. But interesting is the part for mining and playing the games without good hardware.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: