Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's stupid that newbies must make 5 posts and browse for 4 hours. Here's why  (Read 11069 times)
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:58:38 AM

I've been a horrible lurker and this is what I get for that.  Cry

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:53:08 PM

I  am too in the same boat, I don't know how many posts do you need to get out of newbie section
This shows that you not only didn't bother to find that info (readily available in the "NEWBIE README" sticked topic), but you didn't even read this thread itself.

Sad.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
1dannyboy

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:18:28 PM

I would like to agree with you all! Being as things are you won't mind my post to help me out of cell block newb so I can actually post on the things I need.

While I am here if there are any users from UK please comment on my idea of "Bitcoin Swap Meet"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225164.0

Also if you know how to fix the pain in the bum bitgem wallet.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225075.0

I do understand why you have this restriction but it will only cuase a lot of pointless posts. Should start a thread so pointless posts can be burned up!

Thanks.
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:20:12 PM

Man im so pissed ive been lurking forever and not signed up! Least im in the same boat as you guys.  Wink

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
bournedelta04

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:37:50 PM

Wish I'd thought about this before... I've been browsing off and on for two months, and I've only logged about 26 minutes, lol
fastxchange

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:39:34 PM

5 posts are not much
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

It's a shame u don't understand why there are 5 post newb restrictions put in place.  

Long story short, we all had to deal with them for a good reason.  If it were up to me the post count would go up.

Just because everyone had to do it does not mean it makes sense.

givingbitcoinwings

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:47:44 PM

I agree with you. But i guess rules are rules.

Oh the I'm-a-part-of-the-system-and-will-just-follow-the-rules mentality. Obey!
Luci35

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:36:40 PM

These restrictions are better for newbies. Because you can find most of the stuff you are looking for has already been discussed.
Giant

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:41:54 PM

Agreed. I also have a lot of spammy posts done while waiting.
Mugiwara

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:45:38 PM

please speak with data. How much nonsense could be filtered by this restriction?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:52:05 AM

It's a shame u don't understand why there are 5 post newb restrictions put in place.  

Long story short, we all had to deal with them for a good reason.  If it were up to me the post count would go up.

Just because everyone had to do it does not mean it makes sense.

Well put and generally speaking I'd agree with you.  For this topic though I feel it makes total sense.

You just responded to my comment and made a rational point, now do that 4 more times is all that is expected of you.  Don't you see how that makes sense, instead of letting any random scamer hop on the board and create multiple accounts at will?  Spamming all topics with no regards for the quality of the forum or the readers that use it.

If you want to be here and contribute and learn without having to deal with non stop trolling nonsense multiple times a day then you should appreciate that those before you and after you will do what is necessary to maintain a functional environment.

Because your new I just assume you don't fully understand how many scammers are around and how much damage they can have on the forum and how it funcitons but you will over time and I suspect you will understand where I'm coming form imo.  
Like it or not the rule is put in place for a good reason IMO and I support it for the right reasons. If you don't that is ur right, simple as that.  Hope u enjoy the boards.
hyperdallas

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:54:34 AM

5 posts are going to be hard without spamming Tongue
brunposta

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:44:21 AM

Personally it took me a while to figured out why I can't post on other sections!!
Now I'm reaching number 4 post and I hope I can start posting elsewhere SOON...
christinadoll

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:21:34 AM

I think its reasonable
FuzzyThunder

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:44:31 AM

Long story short, we all had to deal with them for a good reason.  If it were up to me the post count would go up.

+1

I'd personally make it twenty posts, and twenty-four hours.

Back on topic: Yes, most newbies have no idea why that's there, and if they could see, the answer is already in the Newbie section.

Same I think it is way too lenient. People still complain, it's hilarious. I remember just reading some stickies and asking some questions I was curious about. I still do that today actually lol.

I love it!! Grin

What they don't know is that the Newbie section might be one of the best boards, since there's not a lot of scammers or nonsense.

Are you sure? The front page of the newbie board currently has several "free bitcoin" threads going. Granted, some of them might be legit, but I have trouble believing that there are people that will come to the newbie board and just hand out money.

But what do I know? It's my first post here in newbie prison.
FuzzyThunder

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:00:56 AM

If I had known that I needed to browse for four hours aside from posting five comments, I would've signed up sooner. I've been browsing for two to three hours now.. *smh* .. I doubt it's possible to get credited for that time. Anywho..

Welcome to the center of the Bitcoin Galaxy!  Grin

This is true, but sad. I've been using bitcoin for a while but I haven't registered here because I just can't stand using forums. I hate having to read every post in a thread when most of the posts are chaff that should just be downvoted to oblivion(sorry for the redditism).

Useless/unrelated posts in a thread appear in line with useful and contributory posts. Displaying "good" and "bad" posts in the same way like this encourages side discussions unrelated to the original topic wherein people try to correct or argue with the people that make the "bad" posts.

The result is hundreds(in some cases) of pages of comments that may or may not be pertinent to whatever it is you're looking for. Unfortunately, the only way to figure out which of those comments are pertinent and which are not is by reading through hundreds of pages of them!

I would prefer a layout that facilitated the inevitable spawning of side-discussions and allows the most useful/relevant comments in those side-discussions to be provided more visual weight.
Barntech

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:12:56 AM

Newbie newbie newbie la. Oh boy, looking forwards to being free from Newbiw prison. ;-)
givingbitcoinwings

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:22:49 PM

Here's why this rule is useless. I had my first five posts within 20 minutes or so. And it's easy with the 4 hour thing too... If you're using Firefox, download an extension called ReloadEvery and install it. Log in to your account on this forum and enable ReloadEvery to reload every 30 seconds or 1 minute. Make sure your computer won't go to sleep or shut down in the next 4 hours and go about your business. When you return in 4 hours you should be all set!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:29:25 PM

Here's why this rule is useless. I had my first five posts within 20 minutes or so. And it's easy with the 4 hour thing too... If you're using Firefox, download an extension called ReloadEvery and install it. Log in to your account on this forum and enable ReloadEvery to reload every 30 seconds or 1 minute. Make sure your computer won't go to sleep or shut down in the next 4 hours and go about your business. When you return in 4 hours you should be all set!
Good point. Maybe we should go with a payment system to use these forums?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: