Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 06:10:25 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor/ Ledger Nano s/ keepkey? Which HW to pick?  (Read 1682 times)
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:29:19 PM

I was tempted to get a Digital BitBox... But as mentioned, not much in the way of altcoin support and I had some non trivial altcoin holdings when I was shopping for a hardware wallet.

Might still get one just to try it out... I like the idea of being able to backup to microSD cards Wink

The new Trezor T just put on sale for delivery in Jan 2018 has a microSD slot for data encryption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCP

Activity: 420

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:45:19 PM

And is twice the price Tongue

To be honest, the "added shiny" isn't really enough to tempt me to get the Trezor T. I'm a big fan of the K.I.S.S. principal... But good on Trezor, I'm sure it'll appeal to the "ZOMG colour touchscreen!!?!" crowd Roll Eyes Tongue

What does concern me... will Trezor run the "only add new coin support to the new device" play? ie. Stop development on the older device? Huh

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:14:46 PM

And is twice the price Tongue

To be honest, the "added shiny" isn't really enough to tempt me to get the Trezor T. I'm a big fan of the K.I.S.S. principal... But good on Trezor, I'm sure it'll appeal to the "ZOMG colour touchscreen!!?!" crowd Roll Eyes Tongue

What does concern me... will Trezor run the "only add new coin support to the new device" play? ie. Stop development on the older device? Huh

The Trezor T has an advantage over original Trezor due to the new platform which is supposed to make it easier to integrate new coins. While your current Trezor will still work fine you are right, there may be coins that are only supported on the new Trezor T. It has a faster processor and new firmware. I already ordered mine. Consider Ledger no longer supports the Unplugged or original Nano. I find it remarkable that my Trezor from 2014 still works fine. You can't stop progress.

CryptoTwits

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:31:33 PM

A question about Ledger Nano S:

Can I keep in one device (hardware wallet) several Bitcoin wallets?
xSkyer

Activity: 140

Need Campaign Manager or Polish translation? PM me

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:08:20 PM

It depends on what you exactly mean. You can use one pin to access all your separate accounts. Your receiving address changes if you used the address before. If you want to hide your real bitcoins then you should use passphrases. They are much safer because you are less vulnerable to $5 wrench attack. You can send for example $100 in BTC to your "fake" passphrase accounts and hold the rest of your fortune on a normal one.

I'm satisfied with Ledger Nano S. However, it looks like managing PGP keys is easier on Trezor. I decided to order Trezor T because it has bigger screen than Nano and has microsd support. I have to keep some files encrypted so it will be more convenient for me. Anyone here interested in a review by me when I get it?

▄     PROPTHEREUM          ASSET BACKED PROPERTY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN     ▄     PROPTHEREUM    
▌   CROWDSALE STARTS 20 NOVEMBER 2017   ▐     WhitePaper     ANN Thread     Facebook     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HCP

Activity: 420

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:17:13 AM

Yes... you can add multiple "accounts" within Bitcoin. Each account creates separate and unique addresses from the others and you can label them (and use different colours) to differentiate the accounts from one another.

The balance of each account is separate from the other accounts, and you cannot combine coins from separate accounts into one transaction.

As mentioned previously, you can also use different passphrases to generate completely different wallets, which are also separate from each other, but you can't "see" them together at the same time within the ledger bitcoin wallet chrome app.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.