Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO - white paper yes / no  (Read 198 times)
AA_Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:51:57 PM

hi,

Not every company has a white paper.
 I think every company needs one for the ICO.

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 03:10:47 PM

Of course, not every ICO needs whitepaper long for PDF 35+ pages.
Do you think salesman selling burgers and who invest in crypto, is going to read 35 pages, full of technology jargon? Even, person who wrote such whitepaper do not understand it...  Grin

However, I would like to see clean FAQ page(s) packed with crucial information of the project.
Hope this crayziness with ICOs will be over and we will see sensible projects (in less quantity) popping-up.
At the moment, I stopped investing in ICOs.

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:13:43 PM

It is not necessary much in my opinion.  In fact not many people read projects' whitepapers. They just jump in every ico that will be profitable.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:20:41 PM

More important is the credibility of the team behind, because an interesting, gamechanging and good written paper is worthless when these beautiful words won't become converted into facts.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
HonestSurfer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:26:52 PM

There are 2 types of whitepapers: techical and non-technical. The idea of a whitepaper was to present how a technological solution should work. So if you dont have a whitepaper or similar document explaining that, I assume you dont really know how the whole thing will work under thr hood - or if it will work at all. The non-technical whitepaper is more about marketing, business case etc. Ideally the whitepaper should contain both aspects.
Btw do you know that originally there were also brownpapers written where all the problems and issues with the current state was described in detail..
Minotus

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:36:24 PM

I think every company should have whitepaper. People read it before ico, it is important for trustment.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:54:38 PM

IMO, white paper is important for investors to know about its project before investing. It can be a short or long white paper but the necessary information should be included. I do read white paper before investing.
bennybeezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:56:58 PM

I think a white paper helps to create the perception of legitimacy, and helps to provide both technical and marketing details that are important to know when evaluating an opportunity. It certainly doesn't need to be drawn out or very lengthy but I think having one shows a level of thought and commitment on the part of the developer. The way I see it, if you're starting a business you're more likely to succeed if you actually come up with a business plan and have your goals in writing, and so a white paper is essentially the equivalent of that for an ICO. Obviously, you don't have to read a white paper but having one is better than not, in my opinion, especially if you're genuinely interested in a concept and want to know the intricacies.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

Of course, every ICO should have a white paper.

Even then, a white paper is only a small factor on whether the ICO is investable.

The most important factor is whether they have build something that we can use.  Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.0
Anndrianno

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

Whitepaper is a must as well as strong team, readymade alpha version of the product, particular advisors and really strong and supportive marketing campaign in twitter, facebook, bitcointalk, Reddit and various publications. Translation is really essential for holding a successful project. And finally we are not to forget about the coin itself and it's allocation.

Whitepaper is certainly a must for any ICO- and for me it's not even worth discussing... though it never means that I'm right

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:58:38 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 05:27:06 PM by cdb1690

Not necessarily. I won't invest in the project unless I can find and read detailed technical explanation of how it's going to work. I don't care if its in the form of whitepaper, FAQ, Wiki or documentation on GitHub. In fact I actually prefer documentation on GitHub as they tend to be much more terse. Whitepapers typically contain lot of unnecessary padding. I mean who wants to read the same 5 pages describing how bitcoin has changed the world over and over again in every second whitepaper?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:02:49 PM

White paper are official document that should be have by legal company or project in order to convince people to join since white paper contain important vision and mission about the project.
So if they not have white paper, the project must be question a lot !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

Despite quantity of users who read that, it's one of several things which ICO needs. Projects which don't show their WP is scam - 100%
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: