Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO flipping? Ideal strategy  (Read 1420 times)
misa999 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:17:31 PM

Who of you flip the ICOs? I mean buy during presale (ideal situation) or during ICO and sell everything once it hits exchanges. When do you sell the coins? Within first minutes? Or do you wait some time? What is the best strategy? thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:24:33 PM

Who of you flip the ICOs? I mean buy during presale (ideal situation) or during ICO and sell everything once it hits exchanges. When do you sell the coins? Within first minutes? Or do you wait some time? What is the best strategy? thx
I usually buy when the last time I approached the ICO and when listed on the big exchange I immediately sell it, fast profit.
misa999 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

I usually buy when the last time I approached the ICO and when listed on the big exchange I immediately sell it, fast profit.

cool thanks! I want to do it the same way
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:30:01 PM

To be honest with you, I have never done this. It is just too risky and a lot of work.. I don't do many ICO s but when I do buy an ICO I buy into projects I believe in. I see you are a newbie, I just want to say play this game very carefully. You might end up getting burned if you are not careful.
misa999 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:33:03 PM

To be honest with you, I have never done this. It is just too risky and a lot of work.. I don't do many ICO s but when I do buy an ICO I buy into projects I believe in. I see you are a newbie, I just want to say play this game very carefully. You might end up getting burned if you are not careful.

yeah I am a newbie here on btctalk, but have some experience in cryptos. Smiley
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:37:31 PM

I tend to wait until ico dumpers stop selling their coins. Then I am obtaining more cheap coins. I think this is better strategy. Putting money right into waiting for speculations, isn't.

misa999 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:46:36 PM

I tend to wait until ico dumpers stop selling their coins. Then I am obtaining more cheap coins. I think this is better strategy. Putting money right into waiting for speculations, isn't.

interesting idea, thank you
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:49:46 PM

If I can, I sell most of it as soon as they are listed. There are no guarantees of finding buyers though, and with some coins you have to wait a very long time to have your order filled.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

I am new and have not to date done any ICO yet just because I am choosy on what I want to join.  That said, I watched many to learn and to purchase.  It looks like the sweet spot is (at least on the ones I watched which are good coins/tokens) is sell at 5x the ICO value which happens a few days after they hit the main exchanges.  They tend to correct after the peak and dive down to 50% of ATH...so even for good coins, you can sell everything at 5x and re-purchase later. Cheesy

My approach for really good/excellent coin/token would be;
- sell 25% at x4 (recoup all your investment at that point), then
- sell 50% at x6 (pure profit),
- sell all remaining at x8 (more profit).
- re-purchase at correction/dip a week or so from start.

Adjust multiplier targets as needed or if necessary.

Just MHO...and plan. Wink
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:03:54 PM

Best move? Just wait for the right time to sell out your stashes specially when it hit up on exchanges but be fast before bounty hunters would able to dump their free coins.This thing usually happens when theres an ICO happening. Strategy would be your own experience because as an investor you would able to find out what would be the best move to do into this kind of opportunity.

krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:39:13 PM

I'd be very careful with some of those strategies as ICOs have a huge number of variables that will affect the way each on reacts. You can use some of the strategies as a guideline but be adaptable and have contingency plans. If you are new to ICOs, don't expect that each one is going to give you 5-10x return immediately, though a select few can. Do a few practice runs on previous ICOs and back check your methods. See how much they went for during presales/ICOs and then follow the charts in their first days/weeks/months.

AllToMoon

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:33:51 PM

I'm waiting some time. If price go up 2-3x in some days i sell part to get back my invested money, and the rest leave for some days or even month.
If you flip after firs exchange, you will newer get 30x profit. Think about it. There is no interst to get 2x and flip it.
The other chose is to invest in some funds, like in my signature, and they will do it for you. Good luck and find your lucky ICO, witch give your 100x in one month
jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

You just need to pick well and buy in to the hype. Post ICO most price changes are purely based on hype so you just need to understand when the overall mood is still of confidence or not.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:35:15 PM

I personally don't invest in ICO's for quick profit. I actually go for the ones that actually have a project that brings something new and that I believe in. I'd go more into straight trading for quick profits.

anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:42:33 PM

the main rule : don't spend more than you can afford to loose!

buying presale to guarantee that you will not sell less than presale price but if you believe in project you will hold infinitly
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:56:03 PM

I have sold Monaco for 1$ just after it got listed on bittrex but regretted that decision because it hits $20+ just after 10 days.  Sad Sad

I could have made $8000 with my 400 Monaco which I have bought during ICO but I sold them for $400.  Angry

I don't think flipping is ideal strategy...
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:04:12 PM

I only invest in ICOs (2) i believe in. The project must sound good, team must look solid, the tech.
But im thinking about ICO flipping with the presale it seems very tempting.

CHeers
ev3nout

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:08:57 PM

Why speculate? Don't buy whatever you don't see yourself using.
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:13:32 PM

I dont ICO flip I invest in projects that I actually like and want to do well. When you are looking for quick flips it makes it harder to hold when things dont go your way, not an ideal strategy at all.

misa999 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:51:39 AM

I have sold Monaco for 1$ just after it got listed on bittrex but regretted that decision because it hits $20+ just after 10 days.  Sad Sad

I could have made $8000 with my 400 Monaco which I have bought during ICO but I sold them for $400.  Angry

I don't think flipping is ideal strategy...

Oh god it sucks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: