Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: got my nano ledger  (Read 282 times)
Stingray1970 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:41:39 AM

I just got my nano ledger S.

How to proceed to buy cryptos ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:18:46 AM

I believe you already know that Ledger Nano S is meant for storing your bitcoins safely and not to buy/sell. A few options for buying: Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, Bitfinex (KYC verification needed while dealing with fiat) assuming that you are either from Europe or the U.S and you are planning to use Bank account or credit cards to pay. If you want to use PayPal, Skrill, Neteller etc. then: Virwox, BitPanda, PayBis (no verification needed in most cases)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
koumpesbtc

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

I believe you already know that Ledger Nano S is meant for storing your bitcoins safely and not to buy/sell. A few options for buying: Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, Bitfinex (KYC verification needed while dealing with fiat) assuming that you are either from Europe or the U.S and you are planning to use Bank account or credit cards to pay. If you want to use PayPal, Skrill, Neteller etc. then: Virwox, BitPanda, PayBis (no verification needed in most cases)

Exactly, Ledger Nano S and almost every other ledger are just your depository, your safe to store your crypto currency. For continents other than Europe and US use PayPal as it is the most common to be used.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol    
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:30:55 AM

If you have no bitcoin yet, register on coinbase and provide necessary documents for verification. After that you can buy bitcoin and transfer it to your ledger wallet. If you like to buy other crypto, register on bittrex or poloniex trading platform. Just transfer your bitcoin on the platform and buy altcoin that you like then send it to your ledger. Note that every coin has its own wallet. Don't mix up bitcoin address to other cypto.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:46:07 AM

A great buy for only $ 75.00 or 0.017081 BTC I think this is a must buy to really secure your bitcoin and if you had a large amount of it in your Web Wallet and I think it is great because of the impending Hard Fork you can be sure that your bitcoin will not split or go to waste so it is really good so you can be sure that your coins can be safe.
Merovius

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:58:56 AM

If you want to use PayPal, Skrill, Neteller etc. then: Virwox, BitPanda, PayBis (no verification needed in most cases)

Thank you for this info -- I have been looking for exchangers where BTC can be converted to fiat (specifically USD) without having to go through all of the KYC/AML stuff. Sometimes this is difficult for me to deal with because I do not have utility bills in my name and my state ID is now expired as well. Back when Mt. Gox was still active I was able to withdraw fiat from there to Dwolla (a relatively new payment processor at the time) and from Dwolla back to my bank. I don't know if there are any exchangers that use Dwolla currently, but Paypal would work for me as well, and possibly even Skrill, although I noticed that Skrill charges a fee to withdraw money to a bank account.
sneakgeekzog

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 11:53:05 PM

I got a ledger nano s and a few trezor's.

They are the best for security. Make sure you use a pin code, back up your 24 words passphrase and keep the phrase off line.

Good luck!
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:35:46 AM

Once you go through an exchange to buy some Bitcoin and then transfer that Bitcoin to your Ledger, will you come back here and provide us a review?

I'd appreciate getting the beginner's perspective of how easy this hardware wallet is to use - from buying via another exchange to transfer into your Ledger.

Thanks and welcome to this forum.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:04:14 AM

Simple.
Register on exchange, send FIAT money to exchange, exchange it to Bitcoin, send bitcoin to ur wallet/ledger.

Done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: