Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auroramine.com seems to be too good to true. What might happen in future?  (Read 990460 times)
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:34:21 AM

I am thinking the same thing.. who does give out 10% returns everyday...

people should know better than enabling it to scam people of their (hard earned?) money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

No it's not a scam, just sign up your account @ https://www.auroramine.com/?ref=250092

If you're scared, you do not have to deposit any money at first, just like the BTC rolls in!!

If you had seen previous posts, new members do not get paid until they upgrade.
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

No it's not a scam, just sign up your account @ https://www.auroramine.com/?ref=250092

If you're scared, you do not have to deposit any money at first, just like the BTC rolls in!!

If you had seen previous posts, new members do not get paid until they upgrade.

Yes, but you just need to pay approx USD5 to withdraw... i mean... that's absolutely an amount I could afford to lose!
monalito

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:52:52 AM

Hiii I newbie here ...if u like to invest for cloud mining I suggest Diamond DMD cloud mining better than other ..this coin rank 125 on market now
you shoud made own research..

F7kZLsZ9XJpMVpzG9xzPXQ6oqbEjHTx1VU
xxxredxxx

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:26:57 AM

people should know better than enabling it to scam people of their (hard earned?) money

Hard earned USD $5 for a chance of return?

1. I think the payout rate is better than any lotto!
2. I mean... USD $5... can't even buy you a foot-long sub

Join now and make free money!!

https://www.auroramine.com/?ref=292431

Shocked ShockedBTCBTC Grin Grin

I monitor the available hash power at 900.000PH/S which doesn't move at all even though the power in use keeps on climbing Smiley
One more thing this will become a ponzi scheme is just imagine the lifetime hashing(no end-contract), no maintenance fees which is too good to be true on actual mining if they have one actually mining for you. Smiley
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:46:21 AM

Quote from: linxroyal
first pay out is minimum worth $1
then when you reached $1, minimum $1.53
and so on and so forth, it will not let you withdraw your bitcoin haha! (it will show a popup that you have to invest $5 first)

The fact that the withdraw function went up is because it's in BTC and the BTC price went up, so that has nothing to do with the possible scam they are running... I invested 0.10BTC in it 11 days ago, and at this time I've been able to withdraw the whole 0.11BTC I "earned" up until now by withdrawing every 24hours, meaning I'm up 0.01BTC atm... Tomorrow it will be 0.02...

So ponzi or not, I got my money back in 10 days and everything I get from now on is extra. (I'm planning to reinvest earnings every 3 days, while withdrawing the other 2, so no more actual money of mine will go in, and even if it goes offline right now, I would have only gained from it.) Don't get me wrong, though, I don't wish it upon anyone to be at the end of a ponzi scheme, but at least I'm glad if it was a ponzi, I was high enough in the pyramid to have gained from it this time. Smiley

The site shows how much it has payed out to date, but it also shows the total bought hashpower thus far. If you calculate the cost of the bought hashpower, it ends somewhere over 1000BTC, but as we speak it has only paid out ~205BTC. As long as people keep buying with externally sent BTC, the site will have more BTC incoming than outgoing, but once that diminishes and the number of people just cashing out rises over the new-bloods, the paid-out amount will grow bigger than the paid amount for hashpower. Somewhere before that happens, the site will probably go offline and disappear... If it ever doesn't stop and continues to work after that time, the site has to be legit at least to some degree, though, since otherwise it's just handing out free money... Nobody does that... Grin

You could still risk riding along with the ponzi and hoping you still are high enough in the pyramid to make it past the 10 days, but it's a risk none-the-less. The site could be there for weeks to come, but can also magically evaporate tomorrow... That choice isn't anything different from any other gamble, though, so it's up to you what you can miss and if you can risk it. Wink

Anyway, I'm just glad my 10 days of stress are over and all that remains for me is just waiting for the ship to go down, only to see if it does or not... :p

You really are clueless. None of those stats are genuine - there is no mining equipment/hashpower. This is clearly a Ponzi/HYIP, and even though you may have made a little profit from the site, the same will not be true for the majority of people that "invest" in this place. For you to earn 0.01 BTC, someone else needs to have lost at least that.

You are clearly advocating that people invest money into this Ponzi scheme, you even decided to make some extra cash yourself and add a referal code. Well done you /s.

You should both be disgusted with yourselves.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
btcone111

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:45:18 PM

Quote from: linxroyal
first pay out is minimum worth $1
then when you reached $1, minimum $1.53
and so on and so forth, it will not let you withdraw your bitcoin haha! (it will show a popup that you have to invest $5 first)

The fact that the withdraw function went up is because it's in BTC and the BTC price went up, so that has nothing to do with the possible scam they are running... I invested 0.10BTC in it 11 days ago, and at this time I've been able to withdraw the whole 0.11BTC I "earned" up until now by withdrawing every 24hours, meaning I'm up 0.01BTC atm... Tomorrow it will be 0.02...

So ponzi or not, I got my money back in 10 days and everything I get from now on is extra. (I'm planning to reinvest earnings every 3 days, while withdrawing the other 2, so no more actual money of mine will go in, and even if it goes offline right now, I would have only gained from it.) Don't get me wrong, though, I don't wish it upon anyone to be at the end of a ponzi scheme, but at least I'm glad if it was a ponzi, I was high enough in the pyramid to have gained from it this time. Smiley

The site shows how much it has payed out to date, but it also shows the total bought hashpower thus far. If you calculate the cost of the bought hashpower, it ends somewhere over 1000BTC, but as we speak it has only paid out ~205BTC. As long as people keep buying with externally sent BTC, the site will have more BTC incoming than outgoing, but once that diminishes and the number of people just cashing out rises over the new-bloods, the paid-out amount will grow bigger than the paid amount for hashpower. Somewhere before that happens, the site will probably go offline and disappear... If it ever doesn't stop and continues to work after that time, the site has to be legit at least to some degree, though, since otherwise it's just handing out free money... Nobody does that... Grin

You could still risk riding along with the ponzi and hoping you still are high enough in the pyramid to make it past the 10 days, but it's a risk none-the-less. The site could be there for weeks to come, but can also magically evaporate tomorrow... That choice isn't anything different from any other gamble, though, so it's up to you what you can miss and if you can risk it. Wink

Anyway, I'm just glad my 10 days of stress are over and all that remains for me is just waiting for the ship to go down, only to see if it does or not... :p

You really are clueless. None of those stats are genuine - there is no mining equipment/hashpower. This is clearly a Ponzi/HYIP, and even though you may have made a little profit from the site, the same will not be true for the majority of people that "invest" in this place. For you to earn 0.01 BTC, someone else needs to have lost at least that.

You are clearly advocating that people invest money into this Ponzi scheme, you even decided to make some extra cash yourself and add a referal code. Well done you /s.

If you know the risk and you're only risking USD $5 WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?
I really don't understand!

So by your theory, people should not buy lottery ticket!

I cannot believe you could give me an untrust vote like that!
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:23:52 PM

There is a major difference between purchasing a lottery ticket and "investing" in a Ponzi scheme.

The big deal is that you are advocating people put money into this site when the large majority will never see their money again. Secondly, you are directly trying to profit from someone else being scammed. That is what the negative rating is for. Any person shilling for a HYIP is not trustworthy in my eyes.

btcone111

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:36:45 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 02:48:10 PM by btcone111

There is a major difference between purchasing a lottery ticket and "investing" in a Ponzi scheme.

The big deal is that you are advocating people put money into this site when the large majority will never see their money again. Secondly, you are directly trying to profit from someone else being scammed. That is what the negative rating is for. Any person shilling for a HYIP is not trustworthy in my eyes.

Think before you write. What you're saying is not correct.
The expected payout of a lottery is negative, so is participating in a hyip.

Whatever it is, I did mention KNOWING YOUR RISK and HAVE FUN.
This is what everything is about!
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:07:52 PM

Okay, I have thought about it. I still don't agree with you.

I'm not going to continue trying to argue the difference between purchasing a lottery ticket and investing in a Ponzi scheme. You fail to see how your argument is flawed.

This has nothing to do with having fun. You are trying to profit from others losses, you even stuck your own referal link for the site in your posts. If you want to risk your OWN money on a HYIP,  that's your choice. Just don't try get others to do the same so you can make money off of it. It's immoral. And worthy of a negative rating.

ReyshElle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:26:53 AM

Its too good ro be true. How will they even make profit if they'll pay that big percentage of your deposit? Take the money from the new investors!

Sooner or later, when they get enough money. They'll stop paying and run away with your money.
aurumrex

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:21:36 AM

I see some people post referral links even on this thread. Unbelievable.
linxroyal

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:55:30 AM

I managed to reach the 0.00030000 minimum withdrawal,
you still need to invest $5  Angry it will not let you withdraw it, not until you pay them.
btcone111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

Okay, I have thought about it. I still don't agree with you.

I'm not going to continue trying to argue the difference between purchasing a lottery ticket and investing in a Ponzi scheme. You fail to see how your argument is flawed.

This has nothing to do with having fun. You are trying to profit from others losses, you even stuck your own referal link for the site in your posts. If you want to risk your OWN money on a HYIP,  that's your choice. Just don't try get others to do the same so you can make money off of it. It's immoral. And worthy of a negative rating.

Actually you are right. It's not good and such thing should be discouraged.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 06:48:08 PM

Just in case it does go tits up, here is the blurb from Companies house in the UK.

BROWN, Harvey

Correspondence address
78 Abingdon Villas, London, United Kingdom, W8 6XB

Role ACTIVE
Director

Date of birth
May 1997

Appointed on
11 September 2017

Nationality
British

Country of residence
United Kingdom

Occupation
Ceo

Which sort of implies he is only 20 and obviously NOT the stock photo CEO they have on their web site.  

Anony121

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:07:49 PM

What a surprise 😂

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway."
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:51:17 PM

Someone obviously used bots to increase the view counts of this thread or people are simpleton idiots Cheesy no offense. are you that desperate to believe in the oldest scam trick in crypto? overall 3 noob accounts said something good about it, even if half the forum members tell you this cloud scam mining is legit you should use your brain. If a clown says: Arabian golf, you should know that it was is and will be always the Persian gulf, this is how they change fake history with the real one. ISIS defeated but immediately Kurdistan came to play their ball, going war with Iraq. Cheesy too much off topic derailing the thread so people start to see things clearly.
kxeer

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:55:41 PM

Just look at the CEO's image:
https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&tbs=sbi:AMhZZis2kRx-98kCj0Ok9w8DAQE32NwUMae3pPbJ2zblLVusW0U4R8TDiiR_15kFMGKGOlBG-b22mptVbSXvOU4FuRRXl8LBf5QzyXV0HoFR5qZ2nxT8UZ5lnen9eaD6vcQkxWej0Lg-nmqpKyMhEuDb9MslIbyCcuFWC7QEmXkgH-NSA5UeKZ0sHqkj4Pq2-kMW6BkJh9vxMfy-f5lPsNxV1wTitVKAOwP7jW84oo2hYkE2tFy13jei4xNlfeuVIRJQdPFIidLJp6wYwdpkjYjNJkd0L9yMfEhLnUNTMtGfCKFsSxSXaIBr0IopUpk4BVY5axt6VUjOr&ei=8dbjWdTpMIGwara8iLAD&start=10&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=959
IHeartDoges

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:31:46 AM

I came here to check b/c someone is pushing it in the TrollBox on HitBTC.
Said, "How do you know it's a scam. Look at the website and tell me in 3 minutes."
I gave it 30 seconds. "It's not a Scam. It's a Ponzi."
"I got my investment back already."

Cool. Come here to see you saying the Site has only been in Operation since Oct. 6... Well, that's 9 days. Either way...

Nobody asks themselves, "If this business is up, running and mining... Why do they need my money? How will my paying them, incentivize them to pay me? They make money just mining for fucks sake."
N-D-A

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:48:59 PM

You really are clueless. None of those stats are genuine - there is no mining equipment/hashpower. This is clearly a Ponzi/HYIP, and even though you may have made a little profit from the site, the same will not be true for the majority of people that "invest" in this place.

Strange, I feel like that was exactly my point, but in much more words, yet you act like I'm the one who makes these websites. I'm totally not pro such sites, nor am I condoling Ponzi schemes. If you read the whole post, you'd actually see I'm clearly saying it probably is a Ponzi scheme, that if you choose to still join it now, you will have a chance you will lose your money and that I'm glad it's my first time I'm not one of the lower parts of the pyramid that lost money. Nice for a change and all that...

I've placed my bet at these sites before and wasn't going to 'invest' in any cloudmining ever again, since every time I have done this in the past, it went offline before my original investment was returned... Or so I said last time anyway, because eventually, it just itched and I gambled it on AuroraMine. Every last bit of Satoshi I 'invested' is Satoshi I still had left from CPU-mining way back at the start of bitcoin, though, so to be completely honest: I never actually gave any real money to it, I only gambled the potential for money I could have had extra, which makes it less hard should I lose it, if you ask me. Every person should decide if the risk is worth it for themselves.

Me, I invested on day 4, so...
http://ncoin.ggtm.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/AuroraMine-16-oct-2017-2.png
And this is no suggestion as to what others should do, nor is it any assurance of 10 more days. For all I know it could go offline tonight, tomorrow, next month or next year. My guess is it'll probably be rather one of the first three, but you never know. (One can always dream... :p)

For you to earn 0.01 BTC, someone else needs to have lost at least that.

Yeah, you know, like with any sort of gambling, because that's what this is right now: a gamble if it stays online for 10 more days or not. If you win, you win money others have lost, if you lose, you lost money to the winners,... This is because value does not magically appear out of thin air, but needs to go from point A to point B. Wink

What's wrong with a referral? It's not like it takes the gained power from the new user. The new user will have had the same with or without a referral, the extras that go to the higher affiliate are coming from the service for bringing in paying customers, not unlike some real-life and web-shops do too... I know clothing stores where I'd get 20% off my clothing if I bring in a new frequent client. That doesn't mean the new client would have to pay 20% more because of it.
Strange how this is fully acceptable to most people, but suddenly not anymore when bitcoin enters the stage. Cheesy

On that note: https://www.auroramine.com/?ref=29650 ;p

Because you didn't even bother to fully read what I said and went on a rant anyway? :p

Look, I understand your annoyance with these Ponzi schemes and the fact that they lie about cloudmining and facilities full of miningrigs to get people to join while not knowing they are actually gambling with that money is shameful, to say the least, but my point is that once you know it's a Ponzi scheme, 'investing' in it isn't any different as gambling on anything else: In the end someone is going to walk away with money of another and all would(read: should) know this as a possibility before they join in. That's also what these forums are for, imho, to get that information out to the masses.

In short: Totally agree that people should know this is a Ponzi or Pyramid scheme from the start, but after that, I think you shouldn't condemn people to still want to risk it and let everyone be able to do what they choose and want. I guess it's the age-old discussion about: "If everyone has cheats, isn't then the game fair again?"

P.S.: I still even wonder if any such technology exists that can mine continuously (and seemingly steady) at such low cost ($5 spend for $15/month returned as they offer), while still making profit out of it themselves... I mean, if that actually existed, wouldn't it be better to just go get such devices for home use rather than trusting random anonymous internet-companies that wrote somewhere on a webpage that they will do it for you if you send them money? Cheesy If this is not a Ponzi, it is clearly magic. ;p
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: