Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2017, 11:56:36 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake  (Read 965 times)
defc0de

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:27:45 AM

There are literally dozens of Proof of Stake Coins. POS is next to POW as preferred method in "mining" new coins to be circulated in the blockchain. Pure POS includes holding a certain amount in your wallet and keeping it open, you will be rewarded coins depending on your network weight. POS cryptos differ on ROI rate. One coin I've seen with a large return is DeepOnion. It's currently paying out 10% per year for staking. What's good is that it's not a pure POS coin, it's a hybrid POS/POW coin so it's more decentralized in a sense that not a large amount of bagholders own majority of network stake. They are also airdroppping it as of the moment so it gets distributed to a larger number of people.

There are other types of POS such as DPOS (Delegated Proof of Stake) - you vote for a delegate to "stake" for you, instead of you staking the coin directly. Your reward comes from the delegate whom you voted. He is basically paying you back for the vote you placed on him. You can check on the Javascript based cryptos like LISK and RISE for this type of staking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nappoleon

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:29:07 AM

Had no idea ADA was PoS, thanks guys.

I'm also looking for good PoS coins, but they often require an important amount purchased to be interesting/rewarding.

However, in ADA we're still at the bootstrap era. Once we go on reward era (Q1 2018) and actual staking will commence, rewards will be specified along with the computation layer which will be capable of doing smart contracts under K framework. If that does not excite you I don't know what will.

Mightyreal

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:41:09 PM

Good article, many thanks!

My favorite high interest rate staking coins are Crave, 808, Rain, 1337, Triangles and InflationCoin.

I never received any payments for Fluttercoin or Embercoin so may sell out of them.

This article has a number of thoughtful points regarding staking and the mechanics of doing so. Like they suggest I also use laptops in order to minimize electricity consumption. https://medium.com/@JiuCrypto/thinking-out-loud-about-pos-coins-and-passive-income-in-crypto-101e6735b651
cbIpok

Activity: 154

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:38:13 PM

You can make money from Pivx as a POS. Even if you have a lot of money, you can make more money by installing Master Node. So if you have money, there is no obstacle in front of you to make more money. I think Ethereum will also be in PoS soon.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
vnlfan

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:09:13 PM

Vcash sports Proof of work at 0.7% per year. Low inflation and 5 digit coin supply. Worth checking imo.
kryptqnick

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:35:26 PM

I guess most of coins with pos were already named here. As for the question about ethereum, it's actually a very good one, since ethereum must go pos some day, it can't remain pow forever. Ethereum byzantium hardfork is sort of ongoing and claimed to be stable, but I'm not really sure anything has changed. The block reward is 40% decreased and the difficulty bomb will explode in a year or so. Thus, eth is still mineable and will not become pos until 2018.

innergy

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:16:25 PM

Had no idea ADA was PoS, thanks guys.

I'm also looking for good PoS coins, but they often require an important amount purchased to be interesting/rewarding.

However, in ADA we're still at the bootstrap era. Once we go on reward era (Q1 2018) and actual staking will commence, rewards will be specified along with the computation layer which will be capable of doing smart contracts under K framework. If that does not excite you I don't know what will.

It's not just PoS.. it's DPos as I understand and it uses the new peer reviewed protocol Ouroboros

https://www.iacr.org/conferences/crypto2017/acceptedpapers.html , p.71
https://whycardano.com/

nata777

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

CRAVE and PIVX are my top choices for 100% proof of stake coins, there's many others though.
PIVX,  If I'm not mistaken it was the very first currency on proof of stake coin.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
jennywhzz

Activity: 348

Javvy - More than a crypto exchange!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:41:32 PM

Hi which coins currently offer proof of stake? I've heard NEO and LSK do, but wondered whether any other coins do at the moment and how do I go about it? Is ETH POS available yet?

Thanks in advance

Find a good site that you can control the listing and then have it listed by algo and there you go.  Picking the same info from an exchange is ok too, because at least there you know that the coin is listed and traded somewhere. 

▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀░▀█████████████████████████████████▄
█████▄░▄██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████

░░░░░░██
░░░░░░██░░████▄██░░░░████░░░░████░░░██
░░░░░░██░░░░░██ ██░░░██░░██░░░██░░██░░██
░░░░░░██▄█████░░██░░██░░░██░░██░░░████
░░░░░▄████▄██░░ ██▄██░░░░██▄██░░░░████
░░░█████▀█████░░░████░░░░░████░░░░░███
██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░██
▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████▄██▄████████
█████████▀██▀█████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████▄██████▄█████████
█████████▀█▄██▄█▀█████████
███████████▀██▀███████████
████████████████████████
███████▄▄█████████████
██████████▀█████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
J V Y

Qunenin

Activity: 644

Javvy - More than a crypto exchange!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:37:03 AM

Hi which coins currently offer proof of stake? I've heard NEO and LSK do, but wondered whether any other coins do at the moment and how do I go about it? Is ETH POS available yet?

Thanks in advance

There are a couple sites out there that list a good number of coins.  I don't want to suggest any because they are easily found searching the internet.  The ones that I use do nothing other than give the information on the coins, not an exchange, nothing else at all.  There are loads of POS coins, at least a hundred or more.  Most are like the others, either dead or forgotten, but not all.

▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀░▀█████████████████████████████████▄
█████▄░▄██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████

░░░░░░██
░░░░░░██░░████▄██░░░░████░░░░████░░░██
░░░░░░██░░░░░██ ██░░░██░░██░░░██░░██░░██
░░░░░░██▄█████░░██░░██░░░██░░██░░░████
░░░░░▄████▄██░░ ██▄██░░░░██▄██░░░░████
░░░█████▀█████░░░████░░░░░████░░░░░███
██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░██
▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████▄██▄████████
█████████▀██▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████████▄██████▄█████████
█████████▀█▄██▄█▀█████████
███████████▀██▀███████████
████████████████████████
███████▄▄█████████████
██████████▀█████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
J V Y

Lucky_U

Activity: 140

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:01:10 AM

Bought some Neblio, I like this coin. On Cryptopia has the first 24 Volume several days in a row. Now going to Hitbtc.

COMSA The ICO Solution for Centralized Businesses to Adopt Blockchain Technologies
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌▌  ICO: Oct 2nd until Nov 6th▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
■ ■ ■ WebsiteWhitepaperTwitterBlogsRedditFacebook ■  TelegramSlackBitcointalk ■ ■ ■
feelideb

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:05:22 AM

There is a token called pos  token! It is been airdrop right now and the price is very impressive on ED! The aim of that token is to be able to earn more token by pos mining. If you can get some of it I think it will have a lot  of value in the future.

hownowbrowncow

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:06:28 AM

Pretty sure Ark is proof of stake as well.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.