Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta & Private Keys  (Read 425 times)
hous26 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:39:53 PM

Is it safe to use Etherdelta?  I believe you have to do something with your private keys on the website which makes me nervous but I see a lot of people use it.  Is it advisable to use a burn wallet for it (a wallet that holds tokens only when you are trading).

Thanks!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:09:09 PM

Ether delta is supposed to be a decentralised exchange and claim they don’t store your private key. IMO, it is better to use a burn wallet, I don’t feel comfortable keying in private key in an online browser.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:14:33 PM

I've used delta since the beginning of their release and always use private key to login but safe until now.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

Is it safe to use Etherdelta?  I believe you have to do something with your private keys on the website which makes me nervous but I see a lot of people use it.  Is it advisable to use a burn wallet for it (a wallet that holds tokens only when you are trading).

Thanks!
I think it is pretty much safe, if it wasn't safe we would already heard about it.
But you don't have to import your private keys if you are not comfortable with it.
Go to account and chose create new account and then transfer tokens from your address to etherdelta exchange. Just don't forget to write down private keys from new wallet.
cryptoolk

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:21:23 AM

Thanks!

first go to this site https://etherdelta.com/

and make a new account then you will get a public key and private key

go to your MEW wallet send that token to etherdelta public key ..

after that send some eth to etherdelta public key like 0.01 for transaction FEE

after you login to etherdelta go to the coin and check the wallet.if you get the coins transfer it to etherdelta trading section

then make a sell or buy order ... like that simple

done clance your orders they will get some fee for that

after made the deal reverse that process done by above

if you want any further help comments here

blobbyheadstone

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:23:53 AM

Never had some problem there but I usually transfer my coins out of it after I did a trade.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:06:59 PM

I've used delta since the beginning of their release and always use private key to login but safe until now.
Same, I have been using delta whenever I have to trade my coins. But the problem in this site is too slow and the page takes too load. So I hope they will develop and makes improvement in this exchange. The rest it is safe and legit so far.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

Thanks!

Until now etherdelta safe, I often trade there, my token is also often I store in wallet etherdelta. I also keep the private key and can also move token to another wallet using myetherwallet.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:58:22 PM

Thanks!
Etherdelta is safe to use and its a decentralized exchange since they dont hold up your private keys. Heres the thing. Remember how you create new wallet in myetherwallet.com? Those private keys and address would be used to log-in on etherdelta which means if you do logged those informations those coins inside on that MEW wallet would reflect into your etherdelta account. But this is the thing you should really be wary that using the site is really a difficult thing specially when you are a newbie into this and also the fees would really hurt you up for sure.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:03:05 PM

Ether delta is supposed to be a decentralised exchange and claim they don’t store your private key. IMO, it is better to use a burn wallet, I don’t feel comfortable keying in private key in an online browser.

Agree, I'm always using one time ETH walleth for EtherDelta. I just doesn't feel comfortable to share my main priv key online every time on login.
IMO it's not safe, despite their claims to be decentralized and don’t store the private key.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:57:56 PM

Just keep your keep your private key in safe and dont let anybody know it. Also there are lots of pishers beware of them even etherdelta have a plenty mimic site so better check the link/ url of the site before entering your private key.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
loveselenagomez

Activity: 966
Merit: 10

Cogwise

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:39:58 PM

Thanks!
Off course safe.i use it.

PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:51:27 PM

Thanks!
Yes it is safe to use etherdelta because it is decentralized and it means not storing any of your private keys. I have used etherdelta before and until now i used it to trade my tokens . If its not safe , well my tokens in my wallet had been stolen by now or a month ago. It is proven safe because many users used etherdelta in trading.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:11:07 PM

I am interested in using etherdelta due to the number of ERC20 tokens that can be exchanged. Site seems complicated for transferring from MyEther wallet and not sure about transfer fees or exchange fees. Is there a minimum that can be exchanged between tokens>

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:41:47 PM

Been using it for a while now, felt a little apprehensive the first times, but I everything seems fine.
acceptable9a

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

I Think etherdelta is easy for use , just import an private key and your mew address , they will detect your balance , i just set the gas to 1 for reducing the transaction fee , like withdraw , sell/buy order book , and deposite.
Edit : Etherdelta its safe , im using etherdelta for 3month and my wallet always safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: