Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen ETH from myetherwallet.com  (Read 3722 times)
purangko

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:27:59 PM

Based on my experienced, you possibly visiting to unofficial site of MEW. There are many scammers out there. They almost copy the environment and the design of the page so it will look like the same. It's better to bookmark all the original site so that it will be so easy for you to visit anytime. Make sure also that your private key is fully secured to every transactions that you perform everyday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:19:36 AM

This is obviously "Phishing". Some are people are really just that lazy that they click MEW links from forum instead of putting a bookmark of that site and use it. Airdrops thread are full of it so don't be careless.
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:16:46 AM

I tried to send eth to my other wallet, then after i press generate and send, it sent all to
0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

https://etherchain.org/account/0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

Anyone else got hacked ?

Maybe you've log in on one of the MEW wannabee site.
There lots of pishing site trying to mimic MyEtherwallet, so better double or triple check the url of the site before logging in your private keys. There are already million I think who had been already victimized by these pishers.
Better to avoid these pishing site for safe and secure transacting.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
xionlcaibrat

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:30:21 PM

well finally some good news, notified the police and the cyber crime department of my country and his. They are monitoring the MEW adress as well as the adresses that everything ended in. Almost 1 million dollars there https://etherscan.io/address/0x4c34ae54dc716808e94af3d1d638b8ea3a23fa9b The bitindia stolen are in the original myetherwallet address that stole them from me https://etherscan.io/address/0x799ffca55c7a9b7c0910799549a458066b2a5704 and it belongs to bitcoin forum member saiful who used the same myetherwallet for facebook bounty as you can see in the spreadsheet under facebook bounty:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VN61OS92gyZSHlYorDMfVVf90n3jl-HKTGbhBXVthNE/htmlview 
   05/07/2017 01:27:12   saiful   
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=858487;sa=summary

https://web.facebook.com/rijal.dimas
   1362   0x799FFca55C7A9b7C0910799549A458066B2a5704   Accepted   2   5   10   120.7729469   

It is a shame that phishing is done by members of this forum but there is still justice in the world. SAIFUL you should be more careful when stealing now pay the price (Indonesian law for stealing is very strict as Jakarta police informed me).

My wallet address - 0xF65f7523981CA3b12a9A9E20A9Db27A3a261ECD1 got hacked as well and the destination similar to yours was traced to 0x4C34aE54Dc716808e94Af3d1d638b8EA3A23fA9B. May i know what is the outcome and did you manage to recover it?

xionlcaibrat

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:52:30 PM

Saifu again... my coins was stolen and ended up in the same address as Draconus!
poging.unique

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:09:00 AM

I already heard that problem. As I always say, please do bookmark all the trusted site to your working gadgets so that it will be safe more than in typing
 in the url every time. Bookmarking this site will also allow us to visit the site faster, safe and accurate. There are so many phishing sites in the internet. Like the literal paper money, they imitate the design so that it will appear to us as true. So once we inputted the needed key, they easily get the information that will enable us to be hacked.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

I tried to send eth to my other wallet, then after i press generate and send, it sent all to

Anyone else got hacked ?

Please copy\paste web site adress of etherwallet that you are using for this, maybe you use some scam sites looks like myerther.

That would be my belief as well.  To OP... did you use a bookmark to get to MEW?  Did you manually type it in... or did you click a link in an email or on a website?  I've seen a few posts about losing coin from a MEW wallet but I've yet to hear it official that it was 'hacked'.

**as a side note, if you clicked a link from a website, it'd be beneficial to post that here so others can be warned.**

Most of the hacker they used other site that has similar to mew, like Slack they most often sent you a flood site to your email and has an instruction to click this, if you see that kind of instruction in your email avoid then delete it at once. That's why for me slack for me is not safe to use it in the ico project telegram is much more better and good to use it for now.
This is why most ICO now are using telegram as of now because of the complaints and the things being experienced by users.Some of them get hacked and scammed.Phishing links or sites are everywhere that's why its really a dangerous stuff for you to made if you careless click on those links.Checking on the address on the link he got lots of victim and able to get some decent amounts.
some says that it is like a virus that installed or infected Computer but other says it is the website if there is a malware.
be careful in installing and clicking to links that maybe a virus . I recommend to install the application malware bites for better security go find a crack to use the premium version . happy earning pal and be careful next time.. learn from it
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:04:06 AM

Anyone else got hacked ?
I think you got phishing , that's why you need to bookmark MEW, it's better than typing it . MEW will not be responsible for your lost . Always protect your private key don't give it to any mysterious site ,
mirror001

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:31:23 AM

I see a considerable measure of remarks about how concerning and frightening this is, however frankly. I don't feel it. In light of my experience here, most 'hacks' are expected to either a traded off framework or client blunder. I'm not saying that is the situation here, but rather on the off chance that you get afraid for each post of missing assets then you should escape crypto and put your cash in a guaranteed bank.
Kubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

Anyone else got hacked ?
I think you got phishing , that's why you need to bookmark MEW, it's better than typing it . MEW will not be responsible for your lost . Always protect your private key don't give it to any mysterious site ,

Yes, That's probably what happened. We need to be careful. Scams are smarter and simpler every day.
Use Cryptonite for checking MEW link.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptonite-by-metacert/keghdcpemohlojlglbiegihkljkgnige?hl=en
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:14:29 PM

Anyone else got hacked ?
Bookmarking the legit site is the best way to make sure you are not phished by scam websites but when we have other problems like keyloggers...

I think  the use of private keys needs to be used with metamask or a Hardware Wallet to prevent being phished.
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:30:33 AM

Just dont forget to BOOKMARK everything and make sure you're entering the correct spelling. I believe you were in the wrong website, and being victimized by phishing. One of my friend was also a victim by these kind of scam, but he sent it to different address not this one. Learn from your mistake pal. Dont let them scumbags being fed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:44:08 PM

Anyone else got hacked ?

As crypto currency is getting spotlight, hackers are being sophisticated and complex on how to access your private key.
Many people are being victim, example is faking myetherwallet that can capture your private key upon signing.
Always check the website, and one easy to thing to do is to check if the website has security. you can check the url make sure it has https:// before logging your private key.

hope it will not happen again.

quarkchain.io
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

To all the users of MEW, you should use metamask or hardware wallet if you are going to access your funds and transfer it. It's the safest way to do rather than opening it with json file or your private key which is very prone to get hacked.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:46:30 AM

To all the users of MEW, you should use metamask or hardware wallet if you are going to access your funds and transfer it. It's the safest way to do rather than opening it with json file or your private key which is very prone to get hacked.

actually json file is also verry secure and much better to use when compare to private keys and metamask because json file does only save on your hard drive or internal memory of your device and it shoudnt get hacked or touched by someone , not even a virus. but secondly, metamask is also the other alternative to it in order to keep your mew account safe from phisers. i wont recomended hardware wallet at all because those things are pretty expensive for such a small piece of hardware.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:52:51 PM

I see a lot of comments about how concerning and scary this is, but to be honest... I don't feel it.  Based on my experience here, most 'hacks' are due to either a compromised system or user error.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but if you get fearful for every post of missing funds then you should really get out of crypto and put your money in an insured bank.

True, the problem is people don't realize how securely they should perform the actions like these until they're hacked. MEW is an open-source software and people should realize it'd be better for them if they simply download it from Github and then use it securely on their own system locally.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:57:25 PM

I lost my coins yesterday using this website: https://mÿetherwallët.com/
I thought it was the original website because it was an advertisement by google showing as the first result
I lost around $360 worth of token, it might be small for you, but It was my long term investment
BEWARE guys!!
seriously? so this fake/phishing sites can now advertise their sites legally? i hope google can do something with this as this incident or issues has becoming more serious day by day.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
bhadz

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:26:54 PM

seriously? so this fake/phishing sites can now advertise their sites legally? i hope google can do something with this as this incident or issues has becoming more serious day by day.
Google doesn't care if they are advertising a fake or legit website, they don't even know that they are advertising a fake or a real one. I've seen many phishing sites that are being advertised on google and the negligence isn't with google or they should be accountable for it somehow. But as a user of MEW, why would you use search engines when visiting a web wallet? Bookmark it or type the whole website in correct spelling in the address bar so you are far from any of those.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:39:20 PM

Google doesn't care if they are advertising a fake or legit website, they don't even know that they are advertising a fake or a real one. I've seen many phishing sites that are being advertised on google and the negligence isn't with google or they should be accountable for it somehow. But as a user of MEW, why would you use search engines when visiting a web wallet? Bookmark it or type the whole website in correct spelling in the address bar so you are far from any of those.

Then we can ask the question why the legit dev of myetherwallet allowed the fake one site? Are they disable to stop this fake site?
Spelling and sites must be recheck before entering everything so that you are sure not to lose everything that you have. Then in addition let us all be careful coz we are all responsible for our own belongings.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

Then we can ask the question why the legit dev of myetherwallet allowed the fake one site? Are they disable to stop this fake site?
Spelling and sites must be recheck before entering everything so that you are sure not to lose everything that you have. Then in addition let us all be careful coz we are all responsible for our own belongings.

no, devs dont have the control of it. fake sites or sites that is verry simillar to the original ones are oftenly called phising. phising tends to hacked and steal your account if you manage to enter your private keys and password within thier site.  devs of mew dont have control to the whole web and everyone or anyone can posibly allowed to copy everything from them but you should not be using the fake ones as they are verry dangerous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: