Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create account on myetherwallet  (Read 355 times)
conga (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:52:26 AM

Hello people, my etherwallet is wallet ethereum amd smartcontract. You can send and hole ethereum, enter ico cryptocurrency.

Today, i will learn with people "how to create account myetherwallet".

My Ether Wallet is not a standard Web Wallet. It does not allow you to create an account and to store your Ether on their servers, they simply allow you create a wallet, which is yours to store and keep safe, and to broadcast your transactions on the blockchain through their full node. In this guide we'll show you how to create a new wallet, back it up and how to send a transaction, both online and offline.

Create a Wallet

Step 1: If you have used mist before, you have created a wallet and have the private key for that wallet stored on your computer, find your keystore and you can skip to part 2. If you need to create a new wallet, you can use MyEtherWallet to do so. Simply visit MyEtherWallet, enter a strong password and generate a wallet.

Step 2: Store your Private Key. You have 3 ways of doing this. You can download .JSON file with an encrypted version of the private key which is compatible with geth, mist and myetherwallet and requires a password to decrypt (Keystore).  You can also store unencrypted version of your private key by downloading it in a .JSON file or by copy pasting it from the website. We recommend you use the Keystore (encrypted) feature, which provides an additional layer of security to your wallet.

Step 3: Save your wallet address or QR code. In order to receive transactions you must give the sender a public key to which he can send the Ether to, you can copy the text format or the QR Code. The QR code can also be used to make a paper wallet.

How to sigin myetherwallet

Step 1: Once you have your wallet you can now send and receive transactions. All you have to do is upload the private key file you have created through the MyEtherWallet website or mist/geth. Simply click "Send Transaction", select the type of private key you want to use (Keystore, Json file or Plain text) and click "Select wallet file".

Step 2: Select the wallet you want to use. You can check the wallet adress the key belongs to, by looking at the file name and adding "0x" in the beginning of the address. Mist wallet private keys are usually stored in .folder. Once you've selected the correct private key, type the password and click "Unlock wallet"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinwizard442

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

thanks for your work conga!
Ponylon

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:41:51 AM

keep in mind as well, that the key to your wallet, whether we're talking about the private key or the file you'll download, needs to be saved and backed-up on multiple devices! We're hearing stories over and over again about people having lost their keys, having erased their hard drive and in general not having taken care of their wallet. Learn from that! They are a great lesson for everyone that we should either have a cold-wallet (offline wallet) or that we use some kind of hardware wallet not connected to the internet (it might be that you not only lose your keys, but someone might hack and steal them from you)! So make sure to back everything up and store the information to the wallet access in different physical locations, so in case one is lost (your being robbed, your house burning down etc.) you'll always have them available in another place.
Mariya03

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:09:48 AM

Hello people, my etherwallet is wallet ethereum amd smartcontract. You can send and hole ethereum, enter ico cryptocurrency.

My Ether Wallet is not a standard Web Wallet. It does not allow you to create an account and to store your Ether on their servers, they simply allow you create a wallet, which is yours to store and keep safe, and to broadcast your transactions on the blockchain through their full node. In this guide we'll show you how to create a new wallet, back it up and how to send a transaction, both online and offline.

Create a Wallet

Step 1: If you have used mist before, you have created a wallet and have the private key for that wallet stored on your computer, find your keystore and you can skip to part 2. If you need to create a new wallet, you can use MyEtherWallet to do so. Simply visit MyEtherWallet, enter a strong password and generate a wallet.

Step 2: Store your Private Key. You have 3 ways of doing this. You can download .JSON file with an encrypted version of the private key which is compatible with geth, mist and myetherwallet and requires a password to decrypt (Keystore).  You can also store unencrypted version of your private key by downloading it in a .JSON file or by copy pasting it from the website. We recommend you use the Keystore (encrypted) feature, which provides an additional layer of security to your wallet.

Step 3: Save your wallet address or QR code. In order to receive transactions you must give the sender a public key to which he can send the Ether to, you can copy the text format or the QR Code. The QR code can also be used to make a paper wallet.

Step 1: Once you have your wallet you can now send and receive transactions. All you have to do is upload the private key file you have created through the MyEtherWallet website or mist/geth. Simply click "Send Transaction", select the type of private key you want to use (Keystore, Json file or Plain text) and click "Select wallet file".

Step 2: Select the wallet you want to use. You can check the wallet adress the key belongs to, by looking at the file name and adding "0x" in the beginning of the address. Mist wallet private keys are usually stored in .folder. Once you've selected the correct private key, type the password and click "Unlock wallet"

Steps in creating new wallet in myetherwallet:

1. Go to the site of myetherwallet which is " myetherwallet.com"
2. Click the create new wallet button.
3. Download the required file.
4. myetherwallet will give a private key for your account. This private key will be a password of your account and it will be the important in accessing your account.

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

Create a Wallet

Steps in creating new wallet in myetherwallet:

1. Go to the site of myetherwallet which is " myetherwallet.com"
2. Click the create new wallet button.
3. Download the required file.
4. myetherwallet will give a private key for your account. This private key will be a password of your account and it will be the important in accessing your account.
Just do a little effort through the internet and we will find a simple guide about the use of the myetherwallet. https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-use-myetherwallet/
There are so many videos in the youtube that give an explanation about that.
eltradestor

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:02:09 PM

Thanks for this
bakgwei

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

Would anyone know if it is possible to create the json-file in MyEtherWallet AFTERWARDS (ie after the wallet was created already)?

I create a wallet and skipped that step, so now I am left with only the public and private keys. But using an encrypted json-file in combination with a password seems much safer than to type in the private key when wanting to send funds.
Bobbyrari

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:13:25 PM

I don't think it's possible though, why not just create a new account?
Would anyone know if it is possible to create the json-file in MyEtherWallet AFTERWARDS (ie after the wallet was created already)?

I create a wallet and skipped that step, so now I am left with only the public and private keys. But using an encrypted json-file in combination with a password seems much safer than to type in the private key when wanting to send funds.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:22:44 PM

Better you open new account because it is impossible to create json-file after you done.
If you use private key to unlock your account that's unsafe way, you should be lost it in some key then all your coin say goodbye to you

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
bakgwei

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:03:31 PM

Better you open new account because it is impossible to create json-file after you done.
If you use private key to unlock your account that's unsafe way, you should be lost it in some key then all your coin say goodbye to you

Thanks, but I have given out that address quite a bit so it is known, so it will be a hassle to create a new wallet with new address. Hm...
Fr13nd

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:28:51 AM

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: