Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and ID  (Read 756 times)
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:48:06 PM

There is no need to provide any kind of personal information to hold bitcoin or to do trading in BTC. But if you convert your BTC into fiat than you need to provide KYC to the exchange which include your Valid ID proof, Bank account details, Social security no.(If any) etc.
In most of the countries if you want to do transaction through bank than your age should be of 18, so you can't buy or sell BTC with fiat till 18. But if you are doing any transactions in BTC than there is no age limit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lancusters

Merit: 263

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:00:57 PM

The use of bitcoins has no age limit. But many wallets or accounts on the exchanges require verification. You need to provide scans of documents. This is the only problem. If you provide other people's documents problems you will have. But I'm not sure that anybody except close relatives you will be able to help. After all, we can talk about large sums which will have to pay taxes.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:11:50 PM

There is no need to provide any kind of personal information to hold bitcoin or to do trading in BTC. But if you convert your BTC into fiat than you need to provide KYC to the exchange which include your Valid ID proof, Bank account details, Social security no.(If any) etc.
In most of the countries if you want to do transaction through bank than your age should be of 18, so you can't buy or sell BTC with fiat till 18. But if you are doing any transactions in BTC than there is no age limit.
This is right on where theres no limitation or restriction on age when it comes on engaging into bitcoin as long you do aware its usage and what it is then you are good to go without any need of ID as long we do have our own bitcoin wallet then we are capable on holding on our own asset or money with our bare hands and no one would able to get it from you as long you don't disclose your private keys and as being said on here the thing you should be concerned off is when you are already converting your bitcoin into large sums of money which you will really need to comply kyc terms of any exchanges for sure.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:29:20 AM

Bitcoin has no definite age restrictions. Perhaps ICOs do but as far as any Alt coins there are no age restrictions

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:01:09 AM

Many Bank only allow +18 users to use money services is right for you?

so if this right bitcoin not need ID so under 18 years can use it

The reason that certain amount of cash is restricted or questionable when a minor is having it is to prevent them from going into illicit dealings like drugs, buying of guns etc so that they can be observed. But bitcoin has no boundaries, no limitations as to age and otherwise.

If you have large amount of bitcoin, you can play around with it, transacting, transferring to exchanges but once converted to fiat, eyes will be on the inflow and outflow because of certain restrictions as I said earlier, either because of age, cash transaction limiit etc.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

Banks don't restrict anyone because of your age. Parents have the option to link their kids' bank accounts to their accounts or the kids have an option to set up their own bank account, there is nothing illegal when minors have their own bank accounts, I have a standard savings account when I was 7 years old and I am still using that. Bitcoin itself does not require any minimum age to be used. But other local wallet providers requires a minimum age before they can verify an account, I don't know the real reason for that though.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:53:56 PM

Bitcoin does not have any age limit to use, if you have enough knoweldge about bitcoin it is enough to use bitcoin and earn through bitcoin. You no need to provide your id or other details for transactions. If you want to convert bitcoin in to local fiat just you have to keep your bank transaction details. It is enough for local exchanges. Some traders would ask to produce your id or documents to verify. Not all traders want such details.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:43:54 PM

Bitcoin doesnt need any ID or birth certificate and whatsoever to use. It doesnt have any age limit. As long as you are responsible enough , knows how to do it, has a capital obviously then you can do crypto investing. This is one reason why cypto is more likely to used by people instead of banks.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:35:24 AM

I think you can open an account even if you are under 18 using your parent permission, although you wont get any full control, and in bitcoin it doesn't need any of that, it's the freedom that anyone wanted, bitcoin not restricted to any rules and the best thing is bitcoin also can become an investment, if you are a teenager and you can responsible for your money and can be smart then bitcoin is good for you, but if you're still reckless and easily being deceive then just open bank account at least your parents can prevent you from losing money
Salvodor1982

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:51:45 AM

Some merchants or E-Wallets may have age restrictions, but Bitcoin is not a web site that has some kind of centralized rules so there is no restrictions regarding how old you must be. But if you buy or exchange Bitcoin for fiat from a bank account, you may be constrained by the age restrictions that may apply in your country.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:44:11 AM

You can own and use BTC even under the age of 18.
jaocoincrypto18

Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:29:07 AM

In our country, below 18 years of age can open account in a bank with their parents consent in which is necessary to prevent money laundering activities. In Bitcoin anyone can join the investment and transactions as long as they know how its works and the ID's will just required only if they will affiliate to their local exchanges for their future transactions of Bitcoin to Fiat conversion in which the ID was required as per government policy and below 18 is strictly prohibited to join.
Fasunathan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:54:23 PM

In our country, below 18 years of age can open account in a bank with their parents consent in which is necessary to prevent money laundering activities. In Bitcoin anyone can join the investment and transactions as long as they know how its works and the ID's will just required only if they will affiliate to their local exchanges for their future transactions of Bitcoin to Fiat conversion in which the ID was required as per government policy and below 18 is strictly prohibited to join.

ID is very important for the transparency of your transactions on the bitcoin exchange online and local activities was closely monitored and can be traced. Same here in my country I was also asked for those credentials, and as an abiding citizen I used to follow what's legal. That's the good ways to implement the regulations in each country so the crimes related to financial abuse like the example mentioned same as money laundering, and other criminal acts related to bitcoin. In this case everyone should be able to bare in mind that no one is above the law, and is subjected to conviction if found guilty against the violations committed.
labhsikh123

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:07:47 AM

There is no need to provide ID or personal information to use bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: