Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardano (ADA): A New Cryptocurrency and More  (Read 50244 times)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 10:07:27 PM

By the way, Daedalus is a full node, for staking you would need to run Daedalus 24/7, or?

If you want to stake all by yourself, then you may do it by running Daedalus 24/7. However, the Shelley mainnet (through which the staking will get activated) also includes the functionality of "stake pools". So instead of running your node all the time, you can also just delegate your ADA to one of those stake pools and enjoy the staking (and of course, its profits) without being online. The pools will have a very little fee, but it'd be worth it as you won't have to keep your system online 24/7. Moreover, delegating to these pools won't include any risk at all, and will easily be done right from your ADA wallets (such as Daedalus and Yoroi); you'll always have an option to cancel your delegation and get back your ADA as well. Smiley

Thank you for this answer, I wanted to ask about it.  Wink
Daedalus is running fine, so I will accumulate and wait. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad that I was able to help you two!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 02:39:12 PM

EMURGO Signs MOUs With South Korean Government-Approved Trade Associations To Further Drive Cardano Adoption

https://emurgo.io/en/blog/mous-with-south-korean-government-approved-trade-associations
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 07:00:53 AM

By the way, Daedalus is a full node, for staking you would need to run Daedalus 24/7, or?

If you want to stake all by yourself, then you may do it by running Daedalus 24/7. However, the Shelley mainnet (through which the staking will get activated) also includes the functionality of "stake pools". So instead of running your node all the time, you can also just delegate your ADA to one of those stake pools and enjoy the staking (and of course, its profits) without being online. The pools will have a very little fee, but it'd be worth it as you won't have to keep your system online 24/7. Moreover, delegating to these pools won't include any risk at all, and will easily be done right from your ADA wallets (such as Daedalus and Yoroi); you'll always have an option to cancel your delegation and get back your ADA as well. Smiley

Thank you for this answer, I wanted to ask about it.  Wink
Daedalus is running fine, so I will accumulate and wait. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad that I was able to help you two!
Thank you for great answer! This forum needs professionals like you!

By the way do you think that pools are a good way how to solve the problem for basic people that do not want to run their systems 24/7? It doesn´t hurt a decentralization?

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 05:49:38 PM

~snip~

Thank you for great answer! This forum needs professionals like you!

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. Cheesy

By the way do you think that pools are a good way how to solve the problem for basic people that do not want to run their systems 24/7? It doesn´t hurt a decentralization?

Theoretically, there may be an infinite number of pools that can be created in the Cardano ecosystem. So as long as there's no restriction that who can create a stake pool, there's no centralization. Wink

You may read more about "incentives and staking in Cardano" here:

https://staking.cardano.org/
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 03:52:35 AM

Cardano (ADA) is a decentralized platform that will allow complex programmable transfers of value in a secure and scalable fashion. It is reportedly the first blockchain platform to evolve out of a scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach, and one of the first to be built in the Haskell programming language. Cardano is developing a smart contract platform which seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers. The protocol reportedly features a layered blockchain software stack that is flexible, scalable, and is being developed with the most rigorous academic and commercial software standards in the industry. Cardano will use a democratic governance system that allows the project to evolve over time, and fund itself sustainably through a treasury system.
same solution with lower cost

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one cares about "scientific philosophy" or "Haskell language" or "more advanced" or "rigorous" or "global collective"...
So a bunch of eggheads are building the perfect crypto and after 2-3 years have a wallet and 0.6% of Bitcoin's cap.

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 11:57:32 PM

~snip~

No one cares about "scientific philosophy" or "Haskell language" or "more advanced" or "rigorous" or "global collective"...

Then what do they care about? Only lambos and moons? Roll Eyes
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 10:52:50 PM

End of August announcements:

A couple of announcements from Charles' yesterday's AMA:

i. Networking Testnet will be ready by the 2nd or 3rd week of September.

ii. The date for the "staking network" to be announced on September 28 (which is also the 'birthday' of Cardano ecosystem).
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 02:35:42 PM

announcements...lol.  means fuuuckkk all.

meanwhile ADA has tanked so hard it makes baby jesus cry lol.

hold and fucking pray alt season returns....cos btc dominance is destroying everythinnnnnnnnng

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 05:46:56 PM

hold and fucking pray alt season returns....cos btc dominance is destroying everythinnnnnnnnng

Well, this month is going to be very interesting:

-Shelley mainnet date announcement by the end of the month.
-Cardano's networking testnet will be ready by the mid-September.
-Bitcoin launch on Bakkt, which will probably increase the bitcoin dominance even more.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 05:49:48 PM

Well, this month is going to be very interesting:

-Shelley mainnet date announcement by the end of the month.
-Cardano's networking testnet will be ready by the mid-September.
-Bitcoin launch on Bakkt, which will probably increase the bitcoin dominance even more.

Agreed with you there are so many interesting events are planned to happen in on going month and next month than it looking clear this will make the current situation more bullish and ADA will perform much better in presence of good news.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:45:28 PM

Binance has now launched the second phase of "Binance Lending" and surprisingly, it includes ADA (along with BTC, ETH, ETC, BNB). Interestingly, they are offering 6% interest rate on ADA, which is 2% more than the expected yearly staking rewards of Shelley.

Let's see if people put some blind faith on CZ and use Binance Lending's 6% interest rate, instead of Cardano's own ~4% yearly ADA staking rewards. Smiley
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:47:22 PM

Abstract image of Daedalus staking feature (as shared by the Cardano Ambassador Rick McCracken at Cardano Official Telegram):

Embracing the Community - Cardano 2nd Anniversary Event

https://meetu.ps/e/H9RzY/DWcvh/a

Taking the next step on the road to Cardano Shelley

https://iohk.io/blog/taking-the-next-step-on-the-road-to-cardano-shelley/

Cardano: The True Potential Of Crypto For The REAL WORLD

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cardano-true-potential-crypto-real-124201968.html
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 07:13:11 PM

EMURGO: Celebrating Cardano’s Second Anniversary With Prize Giveaways!

https://emurgo.io/en/blog/celebrate-cardano-second-anniversary/newsletter

The following EMURGO’s LINE@ Account will now send the latest news updates in English:

http://nav.cx/4g1Xxz4
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 11:38:08 PM

Staking demonstration in Yoroi (ADA) wallet:

https://twitter.com/NicoArqueros/status/1172578116247674880

Neat, very neat work.
sv.alyona

Activity: 518
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 01:08:23 PM

The Cardano Foundation plans to help Wyoming in the United States evolve from an agricultural center to a blockchain center in the United States and help innovators in this area master the skills of the future and diversify their economies.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:02:26 PM

Weekly development update:

https://cardanoroadmap.com/en/status-updates/update/2019-09-20/

Today, we're in Laramie, in beautiful Wyoming at #WyoHackathon. Among the keynotes and lectures, we'll be debuting the next generation of Plutus and Marlowe, IOHK's #smartcontracts programming languages!

https://iohk.io/blog/plutus-and-marlowe-in-spotlight-at-wyohackathon-2019/

We need the community’s help with voting for our AMA questions! Which questions do you want answered? Have you cast your votes yet? You can vote up to 3 times.

Cardano Foundation: https://bit.ly/2kssMha
IOHK: https://bit.ly/2motJI1
EMURGO: https://bit.ly/2kGcmls
Makleyhill

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 09:17:58 AM

Anniversary event, 2 years since the launch of Cardano Mine, to take into account this event, a meeting will take place at the Storehouse Irish Pub on W 23rd Street with other members of the ecosystem
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:21:05 PM

~snip~
A couple of announcements from Charles' yesterday's AMA:

i. Networking Testnet will be ready by the 2nd or 3rd week of September.

It's finally here!

https://twitter.com/IOHK_Charles/status/1177119773215338496
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 03:42:36 AM

This are the points i liked from weekly development report

Cardano Wallet
The team also implemented a 'Wallet recovery phrase verification' feature which will help users to keep their wallet recovery phrases safe.

Ok, one of the most important features, still hurting me that i lose my lisk passphrases and still unavailable to recover that funds.

App Platform
This week the team worked with the Haskell wallet team to create an address introspection utility for JavaScript applications. Daedalus and other applications such as the new Cardano Explorer will be able to use this utility to perform client-side logical operations before sending network requests.

Cardano Explorer
This week the team finished the design work for the Cardano Explorer Shelley features. Elsewhere, the implementation of the new Cardano Explorer UI is progressing well. The 'Home' page design implementation is currently in the final review and testing phase, and the team is starting work on the rest of the pages.

New look is always welcome in wallets or explorers, waiting to see the new look and features

WALLET BACKEND
Wallet This week the team revised the database layout to better support wallet checkpoints, which will be essential for supporting rollback (which may occur arbitrarily often in a decentralized context).

I dont like rollbacks, but well even Ethereum do a rollback years ago so.

NETWORKING
The team has made progress this week on networking support for local clients such as wallets and explorers on Windows operating systems.

Never use a windows wallet for Ada before, but good for the team for supporting this.

CARDANO DECENTRALIZATION
This week the team worked on the high-speed transaction submitter tool. The team successfully achieved the goal of being able to generate transactions substantially faster - where previously this would have taken hours, it now only takes minutes.

Awesome, yes i remember transfer some Ada´s from one exchange to another and it took couple hours and couple tickets to get my coins confirmed.

Still following this coin, even in this ultra bear market, we need to have hope and hunt some good coins to hold.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 07:44:56 AM

Anniversary event, 2 years since the launch of Cardano Mine, to take into account this event, a meeting will take place at the Storehouse Irish Pub on W 23rd Street with other members of the ecosystem

Great, it is very good to know that Cardano reached the milestone of 2 years and recently I heard they are moving the entire block chain model of POS-based. In the recent update, one of their team members updated the video in YouTube channel.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: