Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardano (ADA): A New Cryptocurrency and More  (Read 50360 times)
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 12:41:47 PM

New Daedalus version is out, that fixes all performance issues that people might experienced. Please make sure to download it only from https://www.cardano.org —> Individuals —> Wallets

Thanks for info but it's better to point out  https://daedaluswallet.io/en/download/ - the direct official page to land on for downloading of Daedalus. Just downloaded it, upgraded from previous 2.1.0 version and amused by the speed of synch. Well done Daedalus team. Probably at the end of day I will catch up with my first reward in the updated wallet.

Good to know, whether new person can stake now in Deadaluswallet.io, previously they allowed only a few members to participate in staking rewards. So it is very good to know if everyone can participate then it is good to hold ADA coin because there is huge growth for this coin in the coming days. So what was the staking reward we are going to get from this coin?

Any  body who owns ADA can stake and get the reward. It is expected  to have annual reward on the level of 4,5 - 5%, all depends on the luck of  pool/s  with delegated ADA.  If you run a pool you receive some extra reward which is much higher. There is official staking calculator which can help to estimates rewards. https://cardano.org/calculator/?calculator=operator

Dont think daedaluswallet should even exist. Who made it and why is the name that stupid? Heck who knows. What I want to emphasize, daedalus lacks the information on network-wide distribution of the coin supply, etc. who holds how many coins. Distribution sheet should have been built in daedalus but I guess that would of meant more contingencies team did not want to deal with / pay for.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 02:46:52 PM

Dont think daedaluswallet should even exist. Who made it and why is the name that stupid? Heck who knows. What I want to emphasize, daedalus lacks the information on network-wide distribution of the coin supply, etc. who holds how many coins. Distribution sheet should have been built in daedalus but I guess that would of meant more contingencies team did not want to deal with / pay for.

Daedalus wallet is a tool made to send and recieve ADA coins, to stake and/or delegate them. For what you ask and your needs you have to use the block explorer. I think they have decided to not add explorer and stuff in the wallet to make it more lightweight. Not the smooth wallet out there, but it does the job.

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 08:19:59 AM

Charles Hoskinson and the Infinite Machine. Part I

Recently we heard the recommendation of “The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto-hackers Is Building the Next Internet with Ethereum” book, where Charles Hoskinson is one of the main heroes. Moreover, Charles himself spoke about this book on youtube and even suggested that this book might be even screened. We decided to read it and write a review specifically for the Cardano community.

Read full article: https://medium.com/@azureadacardano/charles-hoskinson-and-the-infinite-machine-part-i-8430ab156746

Flodner

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 03:40:18 PM
Merited by Captain-Cryptory (1)

Wow, I'm about to get  a big earful of Charles Hoskinson. After reading that article on medium I have  bought that “The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto-hackers...." book on Amazon for my Kindle and hope to spend some enjoyable evenings while reading it. Gonna start right today.

Thanks, I'm happy you like my review! I read this book on "one breath", and II part of the article will be coming soon. However, don't read it, as you will read the book anyway.
I try to read almost all worthy literature on the topic, few months ago I read "Bitcoin Billionaires", also interesting book, but I this one I would say the best for now.

It's also inspiring how everything was in the early days. I became very interested in crypto only in beginning of 2017 (and that year I joined this forum)
If only few years earlier - I could be part of all this!

But no regrets, let's work on Cardano ecosystem, and some day maybe the same author (I really like Camila Russo and her style) will write about Cardano

Ucionasha

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 06:29:29 AM

Guys, I learned yesterday that now it is possible to delegate coins stored in a wallet on iOS. I have a little ADA. Tell me, how much does staking start and what is the approximate profit?
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 09:23:58 AM

Guys, I learned yesterday that now it is possible to delegate coins stored in a wallet on iOS. I have a little ADA. Tell me, how much does staking start and what is the approximate profit?

What do you mean by: "how much does staking start" ?

As for the approximate profit is around 5.7% a year, depending on which pool you choose to delegate your coins.
Here is a list of pools you can choose from https://adapools.org/ take a look and choose one that you like.

Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 01:36:11 PM

See ADA is a long term project which you can grab the coin whether there is a price drop in the market, you can choose different pools which are giving higher returns and it will help you to build the ADA very quickly. But the average reward will be same for the year, choose them wisely and delegate your coins for long term returns.

wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 10:33:22 AM

The project looks good and releases updates continuously. I can see that in their source code profile as well as their reports.
I don't know when the project will launch my smart contract. They released their first mainet in 2017 and so far I am waiting for my first project to develop on CARDANO.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
IrinaRos15

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 02:47:32 PM

I guess you need at least 3 ADA to start staking. When you delegate first time 2 ADA go for transaction fee and 1 ADA left  for pool. Any further redelegation requires as little as 0.17 ADA for fee but the first delegation requires full 2 ADA for in the course of this action  the special  address (which is hidden for you and  relevant to ADA delegated from your wallet) is created.

How profitable is it to delegate ADA? As far as I know, staking has just started? What is the profit now?
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 03:39:40 PM

How profitable is it to delegate ADA? As far as I know, staking has just started? What is the profit now?

If you look few posts above you'll see I've already said it. Is somewhere around 5.75% a year (more or less, depending on the pool you choose to delegate your coins), not something you''ll get rich with but is better than nothing like it was before Shelly. I don't know what is the minimum amount to delegate to a pool, but I assume is 1 ADA, which is not worth the pain to delegate it, if you ask me.

SurDenis905

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:38:05 PM

If you look few posts above you'll see I've already said it. Is somewhere around 5.75% a year (more or less, depending on the pool you choose to delegate your coins), not something you''ll get rich with but is better than nothing like it was before Shelly. I don't know what is the minimum amount to delegate to a pool, but I assume is 1 ADA, which is not worth the pain to delegate it, if you ask me.

I think that it makes no sense to delegate amounts less than 1000 ADA coins. The profit will be negligible. Today the profit is about 5% per annum. This is a very modest figure.
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 06:25:31 PM

I think that it makes no sense to delegate amounts less than 1000 ADA coins. The profit will be negligible. Today the profit is about 5% per annum. This is a very modest figure.

I feel the same, but people can delegate any amount, even 1 ADA, so we don't want to discourage anyone, even tiny bags.
Maybe the figure is modest, but imo 5-6% is the sweet spot for any ROI since is not too big to have a big inflation and the market to be flooded with coins, not too small so the investors/holders loose interest in staking.

Flodner

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 10:26:49 AM

Charles Hoskinson on the Rough Days - [Text Version]

We as AzureADA SPO watch all the videos by Charles Hoskinson. These videos are not only great news on Cardano development and ecosystem, but very often a source of inspiration. The video with the name “Rough Days” streamed live on September 4, 2020 is really a historical speech, that’s why we decided to transcribe for everyone who prefers to read rather than to watch and listen.

The video you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM192wAV4LA

And here is the text version:
https://medium.com/@azureadacardano/charles-hoskinson-on-the-rough-days-text-version-f58c03766972

Streamixsuge

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 05:49:08 PM

I was watching the release video after Shelly’s launch and I can tell how dedicated the team is. They are really trying to make a difference.  Smiley
0nline
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 09:12:49 PM

The Cardano project may be a next generation blockchain, making a brand new localized economy, and democratising finance in rising markets. It addresses the necessity for restrictive oversight while maintaining client privacy and protections through an innovative superimposed design. This software system stack is versatile and scalable , developed with the foremost rigorous educational and industrial software system standards. Cardano features a democratic governance model which will let the project evolve, and a visionary treasury system to fund it sustainably.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 10:20:32 AM

The Cardano project may be a next generation blockchain, making a brand new localized economy, and democratising finance in rising markets. It addresses the necessity for restrictive oversight while maintaining client privacy and protections through an innovative superimposed design. This software system stack is versatile and scalable , developed with the foremost rigorous educational and industrial software system standards. Cardano features a democratic governance model which will let the project evolve, and a visionary treasury system to fund it sustainably.

That color is not clearly visible much hard to read what is your thought about this project. Better always default color is doesn't make it hard to read any comment there. I remove the special to make it visible for others.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Flodner

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 07:59:20 AM

Ouroboros Protocol — Whiteboard pictures from the Meetup

Overview and more pictures:
https://medium.com/@azureadacardano/ouroboros-protocol-whiteboard-pictures-from-the-meetup-dd50bac5f2ee

Flodner

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:31:21 PM

Podcast with Cardano Ambassador Maria Carmo - the only woman ambassador in the Cardano ecosystem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orbO-J3gSnU&lc

Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 01:15:37 PM

ADA is overlooked by investors because the team is a gang of sloth mutt heads. This is the impediment we can not overcome which eclipses the tech advantages ADA got to its name. One thing ADA addresses is stupidity of ADA bearers choking on delusions about ground breaking potential ADA allegedly has while in reality the potential implied is created by brazen lies of select few with controlling interest in the ecosystem. Bad things have befallen crypto in the past, among them are false promises, lack of utility and hacks but this is nothing compared to hurricane of scruples in ADA camp whence all the bad decision taking is stemming. I could swoon from natural disgust reading gibberish populated by bad journalism tasked with raving over fake feats ADA has achieved throughout years of its forlorn dwelling in the primordial modality of nonsenical realm of self-destruction and kinky sense of pretense to be an evolutionary supplement for existing rapidly spinning rivals.
Flodner

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 09:37:01 AM

Charles Hoskinson and the Infinite Machine. Part II

Read the article on Medium blog:
https://medium.com/@azureadacardano/charles-hoskinson-and-the-infinite-machine-part-ii-e8f63248fa5e

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: