Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 05:28:34 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining using wind / solar power  (Read 4904 times)
Xember

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:33:32 AM

I am curious to know if anyone on the forum has used other energy alternatives for mining "Wind /Solar"

I live out on a farm and using wind and solar are my means of living, a few of us are looking at setting up some mining rigs
though I am interested in the statistics of using cleaner energy for mining and if people have had much success.

Thanks Smiley

This is quite a good news. The only hindrance that I see in mining is the fact that it consumes a lot of electrical power, so in the end the earning that one will get in the future will mostly go to payment of eletricity bill. That’s why it is a good help to find an alternative when it comes to power source. Also, I think solar power would be great for tropical countries and wind power will be good for non-tropical countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:03:18 AM

I have never heard or seen anyone have mining using the wind / sun. But I think this will reduce a little need for mining, mining requires electricity for 24 hours non-stop. If we use the wind / sun, it is a good idea, no need to pay for electricity and you will get free electricity.
Remember that free electricity does not happen. You need to buy equipment which is very expensive and you will recoup it over the years. It seems to me that it is better to invest the money in additional equipment and get more profit from. I don't know the technology of renewable energy which have profitability.
Actually, there is free electricity but you need to buy some equipment in order to run the free electricity that our natures have. Like sunlight, especially in tropical countries the light of the sun gives energy with solar panel that absorb the sunlight as a source of energy to generate electricity. Also, Wind energy that used of air flow through wind turbines to mechanically power generators for electric power.
Alternative energy source is the best for mining and only one time investment. Thought there is maintenance to be established but it will depreciates number of months or even years befor all equipment will replaced.

▬▬▬▬BITCOINTALK▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Loyalty Ecosystem ICO
Bellator

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:14:54 AM

I am curious to know if anyone on the forum has used other energy alternatives for mining "Wind /Solar"

I live out on a farm and using wind and solar are my means of living, a few of us are looking at setting up some mining rigs
though I am interested in the statistics of using cleaner energy for mining and if people have had much success.

Thanks Smiley

This is quite a good news. The only hindrance that I see in mining is the fact that it consumes a lot of electrical power, so in the end the earning that one will get in the future will mostly go to payment of eletricity bill. That’s why it is a good help to find an alternative when it comes to power source. Also, I think solar power would be great for tropical countries and wind power will be good for non-tropical countries.

Yes that's profitable enough if we invest on those alternatives that will reduce the electric bills that we have consumed. Maybe there's an improved designs of solar power that can be used for those non tropical countries as long as there's a light coming from the sky. That is a type of solar panel which uses luminance coming from the sun's reflections in the sky.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
sparveenat

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:31:43 AM

For mining I prefer to go with Solar power only as we aware that solar panels are one time investment and less maintenance also we no need to panic as it is naturally we are getting. About wind power it is very not as easy as solar it need double the cost of solar panels and we fully depend upon wind flow so some time it fails and maintenance cost higher then solar power.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
rgornik

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

I think  hydro power  is used a lot mainly due to overabundance of power and is generally cheap, most mining is probably done on hydro-power right now.

Wind and solar - well these barely pay themselves out in most applications let alone using for mining bitcoin. Fact that they have intermittent productivity hurts the application for bitcoin mining as well.

But there is no project that using hydro power to use the bitcoin mining or any altcoin mining. If there is any project arise with the hydro power supply for miner machines like how suncontract takes the solar projects.
As of now solar power is been used to mine the bitcoins however that is also given profit if you mine your coins as a big farm only mini farm on solar mining is not at all profitable.

SunContract will also use wind, hydro and other sources of energy.

I think those kinds of projects already exist in some parts of the world (California for example)

batestota

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:56:24 PM

i think it will be more profit for mining ,
HellfireZA

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:11:43 AM

I definitely wouldn't suggest the wind route because the outlay in initial cost is far higher than solar. At the same time you can estimate your solar power accumulation far easier than wind.
It's always easier to have a modular solar setup for additional panels/batteries.
I'm definitely going to be implementing solar soon, it's worth the outlay if you can afford it... even if you've only got a few S9 units for example.
akram143

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:50:31 PM

For mining I prefer to go with Solar power only as we aware that solar panels are one time investment and less maintenance also we no need to panic as it is naturally we are getting. About wind power it is very not as easy as solar it need double the cost of solar panels and we fully depend upon wind flow so some time it fails and maintenance cost higher then solar power.

Like everyone saying mining using solar power is better option than using wind mills because the solar power is more available than wind ,sometimes there is no wind at that time we will lose our profit amount.
But i wanna know that we can mine by combining solar and normal electricity,sometimes the solar power also not available at that time can we use electricity to ensure continuous running of our miner.

shezu007

Activity: 126

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:32:06 AM

Like everyone saying mining using solar power is better option than using wind mills because the solar power is more available than wind ,sometimes there is no wind at that time we will lose our profit amount.
But i wanna know that we can mine by combining solar and normal electricity,sometimes the solar power also not available at that time can we use electricity to ensure continuous running of our miner.
In Mining the major problem is the electricity utility and the best solution is to install your electricity provider in your home. there are various develop system like wind system, solar system etc. now comparing these two according to me the best system is solar system because the installation cost on solar system is less then wind system and also the result of solar system is best then wind system.

michellee

Activity: 420

Pundi X- Any store can buy, sell & accept Crypto!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:16:33 AM

maybe mining using wind / solar power can solve our problem with the electricity fee which want to increase from time to time because wind and solar power now is free but we need to build the system so it will work properly. I think this can be done if we buy some tools to keep that power to replace the electricity so we can start mining in our home. but I wonder how much it will cost the fee to buy that tools because I heard is not too easy to build the system and the network of the electricity from the wind or solar power.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄   ▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀ ▀▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄        ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
  ██████████▄   ███        ███  ████▄         ███  ███████████▄    ███
  ███     ▀███  ███        ███  ██████▄       ███  ███      ▀███   ███
  ███      ███  ███        ███  ███ ▀███▄     ███  ███        ███  ███
  ███     ▄███  ███        ███  ███   ▀███▄   ███  ███        ███  ███
  ██████████▀   ███▄      ▄███  ███     ▀███▄ ███  ███       ▄███  ███
  ███▀▀▀▀▀       ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ▀██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███
  ███             ▀████████▀    ███         ▀████  █████████▀▀     ███
  BUY
  SELL
ACCEPT
    ███████████████████████████
  CRYPTOCURRENCY
███████████████████████████
ScrumbleGames

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:56:20 AM

Solar and wind powered mining in my opinion are the best way to go because it is the cheapest solution, there are some crypto currency companies that actually station their mines at solar panel plants, so doing it how you are now is the best possible way to save on costs.
Victorycoin

Activity: 448

VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:49:03 AM

Mining using solar power is possible but costly, aside from buying the solar panel and deep cycle battery, you need a lot of space for your solar panels. If you plan to run a mining farm, your house roof may not be enough for the solar panels that you need to run your ASIC miner or GPUs. Stick to the power provided by the grid.
Although initial cost and space are known issues with solar power generation, but suggestion to stick to power grid is being pessimistic. Besides the cleaner energy and low cost for maintenance, there're a number of locations, like the farm settlement cited in op, which may likely not be connected to the grid but fortunately are some of the ideal locations for siting a mining farm.

It's a laudable and practicable project and as OgNasty cited, a lot of people are already working in that direction and there're  even cryptocurrencies out to facilitate such projects. You may want to check out if Solarcoin has a thing for you!

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 ██                   █
█     ██  ██     ███ 
 █   ██   ██    ██ ██
  ██ ██    ██   ██   
█  ██     ██  ██     █     
 █                   ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
WORLD’S FIRST CLOUD BETTING PLATFORM
♦    Whitepaper  Bounty  Telegram  Twitter  Facebook   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 █████      ██
██       ██           ██
██       ██▄       ██
██       ██▀▀       ██
██       ██           ██
 ██      ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
jassanpary

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:20:42 AM

That's great way of doing by using non conventional energy resources, high initial investment but for long term can easily earn money, and also doesn't pollutes the environment.
maarx

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:47:48 PM

Thanks Smiley
We do have electricity power as an alternative source to mine. But its really expensive here in my region. Its really good to use the solar power you already have to mine as long as the solar produces enough power supply for mining. This would cost you less than electricity I am sure.  

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
eann014

Activity: 532

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:12:17 PM

Thanks Smiley
It is great to have solar power if you want to mine since we all know mining of bitcoin can cause a lot of electricity and mining with solar power is a very good idea. For me having a solar power is the conversion of energy from sunlight into electricity for us to have free electricity and have a good value of bitcoin to mine.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ayush rana

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:34:06 PM

Using natural resources for doing mining is a great idea because it is a clean energy. You just have to invest one time and you can use that energy for number of years for free. Even by doing mining from this you can earn a huge profit and work 24*7 with zero fixed cost.

beckerBTC

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:46:34 PM

cryptomining farm he leido que  tiene¡¡¡ mineria con energia solar¡¡
bitfools

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:38:45 AM

Thanks Smiley

Yep, I'm doing PROOF OF CONCEPT its fine, about $500 USD to build the panel rig, and a aruduino to do power control and feed the MOBO BTC, 6 - 1060's,

Ten panels, dial your 1060-3 down to 50 Watts do about 400 Watts, 10 panels @ 3amp 30amps during sunny time, keeps battery's charged, arduino can manage power if predicted loss before sun-rise occurs, save lots of energy by not having a power-supply

It's all in the power-controller, it help's if your already into solar, then its easy, just have the arduino do it all manage charge-controlling of batterys, and power the GPU'S&CPU with relays

Problem is how many panels, my limit is ten, enough for a small barn, more than that your attracting attention or making an eye-sore

The other thing is to manage additional power management with water-wheels if you have water, and wind generation, I have both I have a running canal in front of my place, so I can generate some power all the time.

The deal is to look around and figure how many different ways you can keep your battery's charged, then figure out HOW LOW you can take your 1060-3, I play with TEMP&POWER, TEMP from the miner, as HEAT LOSS is your enemy that's sucking the power, the deal is when its sunny/hot the arduino can rip the miners into FULL BORE, but when the sun is down, then run in optimization mode, the deal is if your into Banana-PI class arm7 chips which cost about $10 this shit is a lot of fun and the basic arduinio chip is like $1.

Panels can be extremely cheap, I"m getting CHINESE panels for $30, but the problem with panels is U must keep the number small, unless your running a solar farm. I think wind & water is a better balance, need about 2-3 really GOOD deep-cycle RV battery's to keep your energy for the night.

Another thing is to MINE with GPU low-energy clones, stuff that is NVIDIA clone, but low power

A smart GUY would INVENT a new mining ALGO that is resistant to CHINA ASIC assholes, but friendly to Banani-PI class X 5th generation 8gb 4ghz 32 core CPU's, that run on a few watts, then we will have mining geared for SOLAR, I think that's the right way to approach this,

Again, think about a SOLAR CPU algo for mining, something along the like of EQUIHASH, but for multi-core super fast CPU that cost a few dollars each, this is critical so that kids in Africa can mine.

Lot's of thought goes into ASIC resistance, but little thought into WASTING POWER, more thought needs to go into SOLAR-COMPUTATION, perhaps a quantum computer that run's directly off  of sun light? I'm a physics person by training, it just takes a kid with a dream to think about this shit, problem is most trained people don't think about this shit, they're too busy commuting and worrying about the bills.
bitfools

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:53:30 AM

Thanks Smiley

Yep, I farm (grow almost all of my own food), been using solar panels for years, both for the pumps and the RV's, great going camping out in the desert off the grid without limitation.

Once you know how this stuff works its easy to make it happen, and best if you know how to source it CHEAP, where I'm living its extremely CHEAP ( solar panels )

Lot's of people fail to understand how low U can go in power consumption, good to play with 1060-3 class card ( $200 ) each and learn how much EQUIHASH U can mine at the lowest possible power, then U can easily compute for your panel/battery farm, how many GPU cards your system can handle,

The most interesting thing is designing your charge-controller ( box that keeps batterys charged when sun is pumping solar panel ), the deal is to make your charge controller also your GPU/CPU power supply, U can get very low energy CPU's to run linux to control the GPU farm, internet is low power, I beam wifi to the 'barn'

Most interesting of this is help 3rd world children generate wealth for free off-the-grid, and to keep Chinese-Kosher middle man out of the loop (ASIC resistance is really chinese-kosher) problem of human-greed to "Want it ALL".

Satoshi would LOVE solar-mining of Bitcoin 2.0

Satoshi is Zen-Buddhism, he is NOT Ashkenazi, most ASIC Miners in CHINA are XIAN ( old silk road ashkenazi, thus ASIC )is really Ashkenazi-Resistance.
katinko

Activity: 112

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:38:36 AM

Using natural resources for doing mining is a great idea because it is a clean energy. You just have to invest one time and you can use that energy for number of years for free. Even by doing mining from this you can earn a huge profit and work 24*7 with zero fixed cost.
Agree it has many benefits using solar and wind enerygy it is eco friendly and you do not need to pay monthly bill it is one time investment but ofcourse it is need big capital for that. It is more profitable than using electricity mining you only need is to monitor your equipment and need a good maintenance to run smoothly and do not gives you head ache.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.