Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 06:35:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining using wind / solar power  (Read 5137 times)
Meowth05

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

I am curious to know if anyone on the forum has used other energy alternatives for mining "Wind /Solar"

I live out on a farm and using wind and solar are my means of living, a few of us are looking at setting up some mining rigs
though I am interested in the statistics of using cleaner energy for mining and if people have had much success.

Thanks Smiley
Having an alternative source of energy like wind/ solar panels is appropriate especially on mining because mining consume a lot of energy and it will be a bad for our electric bills. Having those source of energy is advantages because it can be lessen you electric bills and you might save more money.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄███▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀███▄
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄████████████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
    ██▀ ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ ▀██
   ██▀ ██████▀          ▀██████  ██
  ██  █████▀         ▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ██
██▀ █████  ▄▄▄██████████████████  ██
▐██  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ██▌
███ ▐███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄     ███
▐██  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀ ██▌
███ █▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██
  ██▄ █████▄              ▄█████ ▄██
   ███ ▀██████▄▄      ▄▄██████▀ ▄██
    ▀██▄ ▀▀█████████████████▀ ▄██▀
      ▀███▄  ▀▀████████▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eSports.com

██                  
                   ██                  
                   ██                  
                   ▀▀                  
         ▄▄████▄▄      ▄▄█████▄        
     ▄▄██▀▀    ▀▀███▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄    
     ██     ▄      ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ██    
     ██  ▄███▄        ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄  ██▌   
    ▐█▌  ▀█████▀       ██   ██  ▐██   
    ██    ▀█▀            ███     ██   
   ▐██           ▄    ▄           ▐█▌  
   ██         ▄███    ▀██▄         ██  
   ██      ▄███▀        ▀███▄      ██  
   ██▄   ▄██▀              ▀██▄   ▄██  
    ▀████▀▀                   ▀████▀   
█   █
█ █ 
█ █ █

█ █ █
  █ █
█ █ 
█   █
█ █ █
  █ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usayn45

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:12:11 PM

I am curious to know if anyone on the forum has used other energy alternatives for mining "Wind /Solar"

I live out on a farm and using wind and solar are my means of living, a few of us are looking at setting up some mining rigs
though I am interested in the statistics of using cleaner energy for mining and if people have had much success.

Thanks Smiley

If people here have solar panels already and it was used by them as a source of energy then I am sure they used it in mining to save more energy. Solar is a great source of renewable energy so there is no way that it is neglected in mining.

solar energy panels successful solution  Cheesy
WatchMaker

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:09:23 PM

I see some very interesting videos about solar mining and I like idea to use clean energy to mine bitcoin.In this case initial investment is higher because we need to buy solar energy equipment+mining equipment.I read intersting article on this topic and writer say that this type of mining pays itself in period of 2 years,but he add another approach to this business-to sell some of the produced electricity to the grid.

In any case, everything needs to be thoroughly calculated before any kind of such investment,mining is not a child's play.

Interesting to read: https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/solar-powered-bitcoin-mining-could-be-a-very-profitable-business-model#gs.T=aK9_s

Interesting to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ssfz_lm9lM

Nice Smiley Solar mining is definitely the way to go. Wind power will require huge investment.
pia19

Activity: 51

CLOUT media.decentralised

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:53:38 PM

Electricity is one of the main requirement in bitcoin mining. Also your profit depends on your electricity cost. The lower electricity bill you have the more profit you will gain. If you can try to look for cheap alternative source of electricity, it would be a great news. Since solar and wind have a low maintenance fee or sometimes free, you can maximize your earning in mining.

btchope11

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:02:17 AM

1000-Watt 12-Volt Monocrystalline Solar Cabin Kit for Off-Grid Solar System @ home depot for $2521. maybe enough to run antminer?? I can't plug any more in here in my apartment, my lights blink already when I use the toaster. I would have to put this in a building away from the house in order to feel safe but, I think it is feasible to start with.
Stac

Activity: 57

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:09:40 PM

Mining is the process of generating new bitcoins in the cryptomarket using specified power generated machinery for mining.Bitcoin and Ethereum requires more electrical energy for mining so the crypto miners are moving to use natural sources of energy produced from wind and solar power, which helps in lowering the cost of electricity by using natural resources of the planet and also helps in increasing the profit by mining more crypto currencies than using regular electric power.

reflector

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:41:13 PM

Mining is the process of generating new bitcoins in the cryptomarket using specified power generated machinery for mining.Bitcoin and Ethereum requires more electrical energy for mining so the crypto miners are moving to use natural sources of energy produced from wind and solar power, which helps in lowering the cost of electricity by using natural resources of the planet and also helps in increasing the profit by mining more crypto currencies than using regular electric power.

To get the electricity enough for any crypto currency mining you have to choose the solar or hydro energy supply towards the PSU of your miner. Even wind energy is also the best one of source in green energy.
If the electricity is not a matter you will be able to make the decent profit with the one rig miner as well. If you need to give supply out general electricity you have to bear the cost of the electricity.

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

BlackBi88

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:31:03 PM

Thanks Smiley

Interesting, you mining crypto by wind and solar energy. This saves you a lot of money because serving mining requires a lot of energy. I will apply your ideas. Good Idea!

The future of money has arrived   ═══▌▌     TRUCKCOIN     ▐▐═══   For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
  ICO starts of Dec 1st, 2017  》     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
═════════════════════════     Powered by GoldenHill International     ═════════════════════════
loragean03

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:18:22 PM

you can use both wind and solar power alternatively to reduce some electricity bills, or even you are living out somewhere that has no power plant to supply you electric energy then use wind and solar for the alternate one, those two are eco friendly and more cleaner as a power plant has. using those alternate power source you can make a bunch or mining rigs to mined bitcoin.

The future of money has arrived   ═══▌▌     TRUCKCOIN     ▐▐═══   For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
  ICO starts of Dec 1st, 2017  》     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
═════════════════════════     Powered by GoldenHill International     ═════════════════════════
Shenzou

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:53:30 AM

The problem with solar energy to mine is the initial cost, the cost of solar panel s has been always been high even after many years of development and research, and the cheap ones have a low efficiency, I know that most people will say that it is a long term thing, that after a couple of years you will be generating free power, but when using it for mining means that when I create it is going to generate the same amount of power forever so there is no place for updating the hardware, and that is impossible because bitcoin mining is constantly getting harder and this requires people to update their machines in order to get profit from it, so until renewable energy become cost efficient using electricity is going to stay the best option.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|

Hero/Legendary
thend1949

Activity: 602

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

The problem with solar energy to mine is the initial cost, the cost of solar panel s has been always been high even after many years of development and research, and the cheap ones have a low efficiency, I know that most people will say that it is a long term thing, that after a couple of years you will be generating free power, but when using it for mining means that when I create it is going to generate the same amount of power forever so there is no place for updating the hardware, and that is impossible because bitcoin mining is constantly getting harder and this requires people to update their machines in order to get profit from it, so until renewable energy become cost efficient using electricity is going to stay the best option.

Maybe that will bring better profit to consumers of solar energy if ever the cost will becomes lesser and cheaper solar panels compared of todays latest price. If you can invest for expensive mining equipment, then its possible to buy a good solar power generating stable and efficient energy. Without having any hesitations will give you a certain assurance to make your mining operation successful with less greener power source. More savings will be accountable because you won't need much more electrical energy from main line supply because of solar power energy, to become the main source of mining power operations.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
airdagon

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

Thanks Smiley
If for me the most efficient solar panels really, why? Because solar panels save more energy for use in mining.
Although this is the newest thing yet many people use solar power.
Tassadar4o

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:51:57 AM

The problem with solar power is that there is no place to store it (too expensive), you have to sell it to the power company.
In the case of "crypto mining" energy is consuming at the moment, and during the time that does not generate enough "cloudy days, the dark part of the day" the electronics "inverter" adds from the energy that the company delivers to you.It is better to pay for the payment of solar panels than you would pay for a company's electricity. In the end, there will be a system with solar panels to be used for free energy for the household.
Erelas

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:06:44 AM

The problem with solar power is that there is no place to store it (too expensive), you have to sell it to the power company.
In the case of "crypto mining" energy is consuming at the moment, and during the time that does not generate enough "cloudy days, the dark part of the day" the electronics "inverter" adds from the energy that the company delivers to you.It is better to pay for the payment of solar panels than you would pay for a company's electricity. In the end, there will be a system with solar panels to be used for free energy for the household.

Consumer level storage has always been my major issue.  I have some previous background with storing enormous amounts of electricity in a battery setup (submarines) and frankly, I found that to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs (dangers of emissions into the atmosphere, technicians in a confined space climbing around on top of a giant battery, that sort of thing).

The impracticality of that (the whole underwater thing) aside, a system like the Tesla Powerwall, and if you do a DIY Powerwall search on YouTube you will find a few people trying it, it gets a little more realistic I think.

I haven't the capital to do it, but I thought converting some pasture (which I do have) to a solar farm, storing peak in a Powerwall type setup would be acceptable for mining Eth or something similar, but I haven't run the numbers, just speculated.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
matasovic

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:12:18 PM

I belive that green mining is future. I am also calculating my project right now. I have 22kW SE in my possesion and i am planing to get 10 rigs and 10 antminers. Only problem i have is to collect hardware. Found all gpu-s, but antminers is so big pain in the ass to find. Looking foward to find someone that have something like this to tell us some more info.

HODL
sharkvn

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:49:23 AM

I think this is a great idea. If you do this you will save a huge amount of electricity. For bitcoin mining, electricity is a big influence on your income. If you succeed, share it with everyone.

MICROMONEYTOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Reddit  |  Medium  |  Telegram  |
martyroz

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:59:13 AM

In my country, we get paid 55% of the grid price of electricity for our exports. I.e; $0.18USD to use from grid 1kWh, $0.1 to export to grid 1kWh.

I have spent $14,000 USD on a 21.6kW solar array on my home which produces up to 31,000 kWh per year ($3,100 USD p.a if not used)

I calculated that this is enough to cover my ordinary electricity use as well as mining equipment of up to 1,600W at the wall. (14,000 kWh p.a.)

Over time, I spent in total $5,000 USD on two mining rigs which now mine 24/7.

So far I have mined $5,000 USD in cryptocurrencies.

I think it's viable for countries with good solar schemes and high electricity prices.
jatin729

Activity: 168

BTC LOVER

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:01:32 PM

Mining using solar power is alternative but you know it requires huge investment initially. But truly i like this way because this is really help down to electricity expenses. being an Engineer i can suggest that you would go for solar because it needs only initial investment and low maintenance.
but in case of wind it would  require initial investment and as well maintenance cost also.

Mrengage

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:00:50 PM

Minning with solar ok by me but will be an expensive project
romecheo

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:01:22 AM

MIning using renewable energy are great idea. For the places like you have which is in field it is best to have Solar and/or Wind energy, Solar are best for those who live at cities, and if someone live near the water, like falls, sea, river or other form of running water, they can go for hydro power generator.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.