Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most promising Altcoin for the future of mining?  (Read 5250 times)
vnezapno

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:40:43 PM

high frequency trading, transaction processing times between financial institutions, small footprint of financial organizations in 3rd world countries, opacity of the existing global financial systems, restrictive regulations,  lack of individual ownership of existing financial institutions, the list goes on as to why digital currencies are needed.

Yep... and we already have bitcoin for this.

all fiat currencies provide anonymity for illegal transactions.  as long as fiat is physical is can travel through out a black or grey market for years with no historical record of transactions.

The huge amount of btc can be easily followed on the way to mtgox through the chain.
One of the easiest and efficient ways to make them really anonymous is to change to alt-coins at some anonymous stock and then back.

litecoin serves as much of a purpose as did the horse drawn carriage.  useful for its time but it cannot go as fast as today's cars.  the world will demands strong, better and faster.  litecoin is somewhat a mature coin now.  time to move on to strong better and faster.

The real problems of bitcoin are initial ease of use for non-tech'y people and transaction speed.
If there will be a coin which will solve both of this issues it will have a chance for popularity (in case of sufficient investments into marketing).
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:42:55 PM

if i had to pick 1 coin it would be pxc ( geed devs low current price )

moreporknz

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Ok, Who's hungry?

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:43:23 PM

WDC-->DGC-->PHX

3 - 2 - 1 @ 220, the only way to go!
jhk753

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:47:37 PM

If you want to speculate short-term, you should bet on MtGox ltc adoption and mine litecoin.
If MtGox adopts ltc during the summer you can get a pretty interesting short term gain !

And in the meantime it's still pretty liquid if you want to recover your production expense.
Smidge (OP)

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:34:09 AM

There is no promising altcoin 'couse world does not need it.
The only hypothetical use of alt-coins in the future is to provide anonymity for illegal bitcoins - BTC/ALTC and vise-versa conversions on stocks like btc-e.
Litecoin is more then enough for this purpose.
And this is, btw, the sufficient  reason why you won't ever see altcoins on gox - especially considering latest libertyreserve stink.
Where will all the "old" mining rigs go when the BTC/LTC difficulty puts them out of business? People definitely won't throw it away or sell all of it. I think there are Altcoins that will profit greatly from this trend. The question is, which ones are the most promising?

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
St.Bit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:30:20 AM

There is no promising altcoin 'couse world does not need it.
The only hypothetical use of alt-coins in the future is to provide anonymity for illegal bitcoins - BTC/ALTC and vise-versa conversions on stocks like btc-e.
This argument is very week and also applies to bitcoin it the past.
Just because you have some bitcoin (or fiat) it doesn't mean nobody is going to use or need a different system exept for money laundring. BTC has enough flaws to make it useless if some really good alternative shows up.

MyCoin (MC)
I'm not recommending YAC cos he's asking for which coin will BTC and LTC miners migrate to, and that doesn't apply unless they plan to use their expensive graphic chips to run extremely fancy CPU monitors.
If YAC really succeeds it might even become the miner unfriendliest* crypto. New miners who want to mine their first YACs don't care if they pay more on their electricity bill than on an exchange. Botnet operators don't care about costs they care about returns and if there is a market for them in the future they will mine it at dumping prices.

*) shorterm for miners who can't wait for some times. Like they are burned today on yacs.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

What could happen is also a hesitation of the mining equipment going "End of Life". This would be due to the BTC price rising.

If the price, let's say doubles within this year, mining with the old rigs would still be sustainable, even though there are newer technology rigs being added constantly. This could hesitate or even halt the rise of the Altcoins.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:23:13 PM

Well, difficulty went up to 15.6 million from 12.1 million, a 28% increase. That should put some BTC miners out of business.

We might see the transition even sooner.

solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:31:50 PM

ZTC - Demand is overflowing that folks are mining the coin even prior to official launch.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

ZTC - Demand is overflowing that folks are mining the coin even prior to official launch.

Which may very well lead to the coin's downfall...
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:46:20 PM

Because the launch was totally borked, with a plethora of misinformation, and you failed to clarify said miners.
Thus, a born dead alt crypto.

Do not mix total failure with "overflowing success" as a marketing plug.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:29:58 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 04:55:52 PM by MooC Tals

I could be wrong here but I see Bitcoin price going down as easily mined bitcoins from asics flood markets to pay for their equipment.

This will make GPU's move to litecoin but all will not be supported. I see about 10 to 20 percent will be able to profit as litecoin can't support all GPU's due to it's low price.

I think asic miners will trade for litecoins with their bitcoins as a hedge and their will be more litecoins available from the increase of GPU activity. Basically bitcoin value will drain into litecoins making litecoins more equal with bitcoins. This can all be skewed depending on which coin fiat will drain into from money coming in to the markets.

Another variable is the support of commerce aka trading of coins for goods and services. If bitcoins has more practical applications for uses in purchasing then it will hold its place as gold and litecoin will begin to be taken more seriously by merchants. Litecoins do have a quicker confirmation algorithm however bitcoin is more well known. This will be a natural step for these currencies at their stage of development.  

As GPU's try to move in to litecoins many will bled into the alts. I believe the best candidates would be the ones with most dev support and public attention. Public attention will be due to price movements going up. If the prices go higher the more attention will be drawn.

I presently am very interested in DGC. I am seeing a great deal of motion and attention being directed to this altcoin. I really don't know why to be honest as I guess it would be the support from honest pools and or devs doing a good job.

http://digitalcoin.co/

Here is a lifetime chart on cryptsy

Now compared to most other alts I see very low activity. Here is WDC as a comparison.

BTB could be a coin to watch as from what I hear they want to actually take over Bitcoin and are very hubris in their expectations of the coin the devs have some real good Ideas but it will take a great deal of time for this coin to prove itself. Some of the great features is the way it is confirmed as it does have other additional security applications.

Technical:
* Proof of Stake + Proof of Work (based off of Balthazar's Novacoin code as well as the RareCoin and Fairnova projects)
* No premine like Novacoin has been accused of having
* Dynamically adjusting difficulty and reward calculation

Could be a contender years from now.

These are just my opinions
crypt0maniac

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:34:16 PM

lol bitbar is scam. I'm betting on DGC, fast transaction, excellent launch !
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:40:34 PM

lol bitbar is scam. I'm betting on DGC, fast transaction, excellent launch !

Like I said before they are quite hubris in their expectations however could you add to that about BTB or point to some link. I would like to understand more.

Yes DGC seemed to have slipped under my radar but  as I have said before it has my attention and I moved some funds into DGC just from what I have seen in the markets. I'm going to look into it even further as for dev support.

What are your thoughts on Feather coin. I'm seeing a lot of talk but not much action. Saying that it's the new litecoin where bitcoin was litecoin today.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:13:04 PM

LTC is dead.

All altcoin that is advertised with faster confirmation as a feature is scam coin. Someone says that confirmation in BTC is slow. They change some parameters to make it look faster without knowing anything about security and risks. They can be careless and irresponsible drivers in their daily life.

A lot of people believe in such guys. How stupid they are  Shocked
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:51:05 AM

LTC is dead.
PPC/BTC price also halved within one day... 0.00111 atm Sad

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:08:59 AM

WDC/DGC for me, they seems the most right candidate
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 09:25:52 AM

dgc for sure

and not just for the miners who instadump whatever's on top of coinwarz, and not even the hoarders hoping to become a millionaire by buying early then forgetting the coin for the "next thing"... but for actual tangible services

any coin that exists only as an abstract representation of value without any service to spend it is doomed

watch out for dgc is all i can say, is shaping up to be a currency instead of a commodity

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
Bulpower

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:46:12 AM

WDC-->DGC-->PHX
+1

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215844.0
LTC: LeN7gcMUaZRX37CVeaSK3QoTx7F2SSGh1B
BTC: 1KsU891q2m3FteARrYtcDM1b8ZZcWWqKd9
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:06:33 AM

Tip for OP: Next time ask for "Second most promising altcoin".

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: