Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have people been forced to pay tax over Bitcoin yet?  (Read 5446 times)
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:47:03 PM

I think the only thing the criminal mob who calls themselves "government" (much like that mafia, yakuza, triad etc...) can do is make a few examples of people and hope that the threat of force and fear of being kidnapped and locked up in a rape camp is enough to force the majority into compliance.
This will not work of course, as long as their is a decentralized ecosystem, there will be people smarter than those who rely on the threat of force to extort you.
New methods to avoid criminal governments attempts to rob us will become mainstream and the oligarchs will fade into oblivion along with their counterfeit fiat fractional reserve monetary system.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:03:48 AM

Not all countries apply regulations and taxes on cryptocurrency, in my country, it is still quite open to trade and transact bitcoin, but the government remains supervised although it has not been regulated for taxes and other regulations. maybe in your country, regulations have been made, and taxes have been set, I am curious about that. as I know, many have banned and made bitcoin illegal.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:16:14 PM

Not really...If you make BTC transaction from one wallet to another, no tax would be levied because of a decentralized anonymous transaction on the blockchain . But soon you want to bring profits of your investment in your bank account through an exchange, it will ask for KYC which include all your necessary documents which will help to evaluate the tax on you.
The taxation usually in terms of what the law provide, since  crypto currency has no concrete policy that  will  guide on cryptocurrency taxation because it is a P2P transaction in the  transaction will hide the identity of individuals who did  the transaction. The only taxable means is the transaction to some legit exchanges establishment that is permitted by the government to operate.

boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:08:36 PM

no coercion means, the tax has not arrived at the calculation of income tax, and is still limited to VAT on the foreign exchange market in their country. it is not a big problem, but if applied widely, they must regulate bitcoin at this time and support its development legally. this is not speculation from real news because it is still a rumor.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:47:12 AM

Here in India, last year the income tax authorities sent notices to more than 100,000 Bitcoin users asking them to pay income tax on their profits from Bitcoin. I don't know how many of them actually ended up paying taxes.
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:23:15 AM

Quite curious if this has been the case. Obviously I'm hoping it haven't been the case.
Then what would be the benefit of crypto over fiats then?

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:07:58 PM

So far there is no publication concerning to it, only they put tax on the item you buy with Bitcoin in some country but I never heard a country forcing its citizen to pay tax for their earning in Bitcoin or crypto.
Yeah I've never heard of it. after all, how does the government do that? whereas they don't know who uses bitcoin? even in my own
country there isn't any tax even though you use bitcoin to shop, maybe the situation will be different in the next few years?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:00:36 AM

Quite curious if this has been the case. Obviously I'm hoping it haven't been the case.
Then what would be the benefit of crypto over fiats then?

Tax evasion is not supposed to be one of the benefits of crypto (I am not a big supporter of taxation, so I wouldn't be too upset in case you use crypto for that purpose). But under current circumstances, I would advice you to pay taxes in cases you owe them. Why risk a heavy fine and a prison sentence?
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

I think people are not forced to pay the tax because they have bitcoin or they are making a transaction with bitcoin, and so far, we can free to convert bitcoin to the fiat. But I think if there is any regulation from the government about using bitcoin as for the transaction, and they apply the tax for us, then we should obey the rule and we need to pay the tax. I guess that the tax is not too big depends on the money we've got so I think it is okay if we need to pay tax for using bitcoin.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

In some countries there is special tax that you must pay from earnings from internet or even there is special law for crypto but in most of the cases there is tax that you must pay from your income.

1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:33:17 PM

Many people have resented to the payment of taxes on the bitcoin income. And they are also right in doing so. They have their own reasons to support their points. And the governing authorities have their own reasons to support their claims of taxation.

But there is one thing for sure you cannot force anything upon free citizens. Any way or other they will find the ways out to evade the taxation regime and will escape from the same.

P.S.: Nothing in the bitcoin market is stabilized aas yet, so it is difficult to say anything with surety!
jaydenbox

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:35:13 PM

I don't think I ever paid tax for bitcoin directly to the country, but I guess by withdrawing using Bitcoin ATM's I did, they have a TAX fee aswell which I think (?) goes to the country aswell? But by just transferring I never did, thats the beauty of bitcoin Cheesy
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:32:18 PM

It depends upon the country which you resides many countries legalised bitcoin without any tax. Few countries announced bitcoin as illegal this is because they afraid people use it for illegal purposes. But still there is no tax for bitcoin in many countries. For bitcoin transaction from one exchange to another we have to pay transaction fees. If tax is announced means then the economic growth of the country will be very good. So in future we can expect all countries put tax for bitcoin.
BioHackerus

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 07:19:54 PM

In Slovenia people not, but companies for sure: standard 19%.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:04:45 PM

It's very, very hard to force someone to pay a tax for Bitcoin when it's hard to determine if the person is even using it or not. I don't think there has been any situation of such sort.
Of course, it will be very difficult for tax authorities to determine the amount of tax to be collected from citizens. Apparently, the state will oblige all available exchanges and exchangers to introduce identification when making transactions with the crypto currency and submit this information to the tax authorities. Otherwise, citizens will pay taxes on income from crypto-currency very reluctantly.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:52:37 PM

Most of part of the world and in different Countries Crytocurrency is unregulated unlike in japan a well known first world country that most of the merchants out there are accepting crytpo currency (Bitcoin,eth,etc.) as a way of payment, and most of the employees in specific work areas are receiving crypto salary and crypto currency is regulated so as the role of government, people who has a big amount of salaray of Crypto is not excluded in tax regulation.

1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:44:08 AM

I think people in some countries are forced to do that but they are doing clever moves to avoid it. I've heard some people who are evading their obligations and not stating their income on cryptocurrencies. And another thing is that there is still only few who make profits on crypto so their government are still not serious about it.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:00:54 PM

In my country (Philippines) there is no yet charge taxes for bitcoin because, bitcoin is not so popular in here but I think now it's becoming popular because earlier when I'm asking someone or some of my friends about bitcoin they don't know what is it but now when I ask my friends about it there is some of my friends knows about it.
In experience in my entire year here there is no forcing to bitcoin users to pay tax yet.
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

I think governments will not forced their people to pay tax over bitcoin. Specially for countries that bitcoin is not so popular. I think its a good idea if they accept bitcoin as another way to pay taxes.

rishad quraishi

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:23:06 PM

Not yet until it is registered in any region like paypal and other payment gateways or if it is registered in any region as an exchange currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: