Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it neccessary to do KYC for ICO?  (Read 420 times)
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:15:41 PM

i'm not sure about KYC verification. I'm worried about this data. some ICO must verify KYC with passport, and you know the passport is the most important data person around the world. how about if these data that used to money laundry? how do you think about this?
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:38:21 PM

Recently, there are lots of company doing KYC for ICO.
However, it is kind of akward that doing KYC on blockchain technology.
Do you think is it neccessary to do KYC for ICO??
Plz share your opinion.

In many projects, you will not be able to participate if you do not pass KYC.
This is to prevent money laundering
dobol

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:46:47 PM

With the huge amounts of money involved in crypto and ICOs nowadays, it is getting more and more difficult not to do KYC. When it was all small, the rules weren't strictly enforced yet as it was not worth the effort. Nowadays, this has changed and it is worth it for governments to put effort into enforcing the KYC laws to prevent money laundring.

To me it is actually one of the reasons not to join ICOs anymore. Not because I don't want to comply to KYC, but because I don't want to hand my information to unkown and unproven parties.
I also have the same opinion with you, because I feel less agree if giving personal data to people we do not even know

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:47:55 PM

Of course because the SEC's regulation prohibited u.s citizens from joining any of these ICOs.,and if these ICOs accepted u.s citizens there will be a conflict and it wont be a hassle for them because the SEC will sue them,i have seen a lot of ICOs that was cancelled because a lot of u.s citizens have joined their ICOs even they got warning from not accepting u.s citizens.

herromerro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:32:58 PM

Many ICOs want KYC verificarion lately. I'm not sure if they are trustable. And some of them don't even give enough infomation about how do they handle verifications.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: