Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Successful ICO, These Things Must be Put in Place  (Read 177 times)
gokayc (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:29:49 PM

Tokenization is currently a very popular concept in the Blockchain industry as a result of the numerous products that are being created on the Blockchain.

Blockchain technology is experiencing massive growth and the level of awareness keeps increasing everyday. Almost every innovator is finding ways of implementing Blockchain into their existing products or creating something entirely new from a fresh idea on the Blockchain.
The efficiency of tokenization

One of the major reasons for the growing popularity of tokenization is the convenience that it brings in quantifying and managing assets of any given product. When assets are tokenized, value becomes easy to trace and access. This makes it easier for existing businesses and startups to quantify their products for effective administration.

One area where tokens have proved to be effective is for the purpose of crowdfunding. The token sale is currently popular in the Blockchain industry, mostly in the form of Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Developing businesses and startups have found token sales and ICOs to be convenient ways of raising capital for necessary expansion or development, as the case may be. The reason for this is mainly due to the absence of regulation and the ability to receive funds from any location across the globe.

There are thousands of token sales that have been executed or are still ongoing in the Blockchain industry. Some have registered very successful figures and gone ahead to establish viable startups while others have struggled. The difference between these two groups most often depends on the quality of their token sales. These qualities usually depend on the various components that make up the token sales and its execution. 
Factors to consider for an ICO

Christopher Franko, CEO of Borderless Tech, the owners of TokenLab.io tells Cointelegraph that the first thing that anyone needs before embarking on a token sale is a good idea, preferably in the form of a working product. However, for some projects a good business plan or whitepaper that details an idea has been good enough to base an ICO upon, although without a product it’s going to be an uphill battle.

Secondly, a solid team is needed that can execute the plan, and deliver the software or service as promised. Having industry advisors doesn’t hurt either.

The third important component according to Franko is a good marketing team and a starting budget, because any product that must be seen is going to cost some initial capital.

Neglecting these details or not paying serious attention to them has been identified as the main reason for most token sale failures.

Franko tells Cointelegraph;

“ICOs fail because the person hosting them didn’t account for an unseen force, either they didn’t market to the right people, their forecasts were wrong, or maybe the market just didn’t like their product. That’s not the end of the road though. Just tweak your product, fix the flaws and then come back and try again. Most importantly don’t give up. If you have a solid product that people would use, then just keep building and sooner or later it should catch on.”

Considering the above scenarios, it can be understood that some failed token sales may not be as a result of a completely bad product. Any of the above stated requirements could be responsible for a project not to attaining the expected level of success. For instance, a brilliant idea with the right team but a wrong marketing approach could lead to an unsuccessful execution.
Existing Blockchain services

The need for effective departments is the reason why there are specialized startups who focus on different aspects of project building. Companies like Never Stop Marketing, MarketAcross, ICOPromo are a few of the various PR companies within the ecosystem that offer professional marketing services, especially for startups. Taking it a step further, other companies like TokenLab claims to offer a total package where all that clients need to do is to introduce an idea and provide a little information, and TokenLab will execute a complete ICO package from tokenization to marketing and all.

The emergence of these professional services that serve as enablers to startups in the industry implies that we are likely to experience a greater influx of new Blockchain products, and the adaptation of existing ones unto the Blockchain.

https://www.cointelegraph.com/news/for-successful-ico-these-things-must-be-put-in-place

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:51:06 PM

I agree especially with the point made that it's quite beneficial to enlist the services of an experienced company, like TokenMarket, for instance.  Each week I research and report on ICO's with a podcast. I'm on my sixth weekly episode and from what I have observed, one of the important aspects of running a successful ICO, in addition to the idea, the whitepaper, the team and having a product is very much the logistics of the sale itself. In my last week's analysis, I compared two companies that had a similar product, and similar sales going on at the same time, and yet one did better on a factor of about 10 - at least so far.  Did the more successful company have a whitepaper 10 times better, or an idea 10 times better than the other?  Not really. They had a more established company - that certainly helped, but one of the companies made some logistical mistakes, you could say, during the token sale that I believe probably reduced the success to a degree.

I agree to some extent as mentioned above that it's possible to tweak the idea and return to the ICO marketplace, but I also believe that this can have diminishing returns. If I were in a position to conduct a token sale, I think I would shop around for one of the marketing/logistical services listed above, because I can see firsthand how much work these sales are to prepare for and launch - I wouldn't want to do that twice.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:10:40 PM

Indeed I agree on the mistakes that ICO make in long term. They will never get very close to their customers or shareholder that's what they call to the token holder. They will just follow the traditional path, coming onto forum making announcements, giving away all the whitepaper stuff and roadmap explanation and some signature campaigns so that they can generate the traffic. Yeah, they do invest into the project but what next? What's the pick up point after the ICO is ended? People just selling off their tokens and the price dump occurs. They don't see this potential threat because they have to payback the extra money from the ICO fund raising and they incur with unwanted losses later on and just drop the thing in middle of no where. The team gets spoiled as well with bad impression and they never reach the end of ICO roadmap. That's what happens for each of them

Really they should consider all the threats and happening in the future in early stages to overcome any bad situation and sustain in the market for very long time.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:32:39 PM

I have to agree with you. Thank you for a detailed post like this, we needed something like this because this is an important topic. We see lots of ICOs around and we can’t tell which one is scam or not , which one will be successful or not. It’s nice to have information about ICOs generally before investing in one of them.

Vivimubarak

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:02:33 PM

good information !, thank you for sharing with us about the good ICO requirements so that in the future I can distinguish the good ICO and the ICO Scam and can get benefit from an ICO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: