Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin was globally distributed  (Read 232 times)
KonstantinosM (OP)

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

The BTC per human would be less than 0.003

And that's the maximum from the simplest calculation, (max BTC (21Megacoins)/ pop (7 GigaPeople)).

I think it's very difficult for people to overcome the psychological effect of owning less than 1 basic unit of currency

Maybe we should start counting in satoshis as well. 1 Sat, 1 kiloSat (for 1 thousand) like 1kS.... and so on, using the metric system.

Eventually when we subdivide the satoshi and move the decimal point (if that happens, fingers crossed), we can use cents to divide each into 1 hundred.

The result being that there would be

21MBitcoins * 100M = 21 Hundred Million Million maximum Units of basic currency... Or  about 300k (if my math is correct) for every person on the planet.... if my math is correct.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:57:11 PM

This is a cool idea in theory, but also in theory people are way too greedy to allow this. Look at all the forks that are happening lately, people cant even keep bitcoin by itself. Greed corrupts and wins in these scenarios

sadly Undecided

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:20:46 PM

Whoa BTC0.003, that's like just $17 dollars today in my currency. Well hopefully by the time all the btc has been mined out, it's value is already huge enough to transact in satoshis.

This is a cool idea in theory, but also in theory people are way too greedy to allow this. Look at all the forks that are happening lately, people cant even keep bitcoin by itself. Greed corrupts and wins in these scenarios

sadly Undecided

"A system that relies on people being good is a bad system." I heard someone said.
Lecsor

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:49:55 PM

sadly Undecided

This idea can really be cool only on theory, but in reality there are a lot of greedy people who want more money and power. I'm sure that they use the news to control the price of bitcoin.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:52:56 AM

Interesting calculation, but bitcoins for everyone obviously will not enough. BTC will be distributed among a certain number of people...
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:19:46 AM

I dont believe BTC will be distributed worldwide. It is popular among IT workers and so on but granny from Poland or a casual man from Egypt aren't giving a mind about crypto currency at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: