Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:51:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus B250 Mining Expert installation ???  (Read 734 times)
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

Hi, it is not about to cooling RAM. This component inside the red circle became very hot. The best way is to use some small pasive heatsink 8x8mm is more than enough. I am not sure what exactly this chip is, but I think that it is something for pcie slots communication...

Yea sure, will do that. Thanks for the reply and tips. I noticed chip is there on the other motherboards as well, like ASTOCK H110 BTC. So the heat problem is only for ASUS B250 motherboard only or is it just a command good practice to keep that component cool?

The problem is the same, it´s very hot on asrock too.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitOFRich

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:46:13 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 07:21:31 PM by BitOFRich

Ok. I’m restarting everything. No GPU to start with. Just MOBO, processor, RAM and I should get the bios screen. One psu with 24pin atx, 8 pin EATX. No power up. This is driving me nuts. Haha

My other rigs are with ASRock BTC H 110 with 8 GPU rig.
You need to plug 24pin atx, 8pin eatx and all 3x molexes to run. And if it´s not help, just try to reset bios. If it´s not help. You definetly have something wrong with PSU or mobo...

Hiya

thanks for information, it really helped me to plan a weekend project to get this setup up and running.

It seems ive run into MOBO issue. Would really appreciate some help.

Got ASUS B250 Mining Expert, Corsair HX 1000i and Corsair 550 PSUs, 8 GB DDR4, intel pentium 7th gen processor G4560 1151 socket. I have  ATX switches, multimeter, a power tester and another mini atx chassis to help. (anti static gloves and stuff)

First i used HX1000i ,  8 Pin MOBO CPU is connected, 24 Pin (EATXPWR_A) A socket is connected. All three molex are connected in serial. ATX Power SW is connected to MOBO. RAM, CPU and Fan connected. There is no response from board.

Took 24 pin EATXPWR_A off, connected it to power tester meter.  So now setup looks like this, molex one connected, CPU 8 pin connected, 24 pin from psu is connected to a power monitoring meter. Now CPU fan starts, no response to switches though. Finally power to the board!. CPU fan spins, but still mobo doesn't post.

Now Connected, HX1000i to 8 Pin MOBO CPU, 24 Pin EATXPWR_A, second Corsair 550 PSU to EATXPWR_B slot of 24 pin, still no response after i tried ATX switch.

Now disconnected 1000i, connected 550 PSU to 24 pin EATXPWR_A and 8 pin CPU - No response.
Now connected 550 PSU to 24 pin EATXPWR_A connected it to power meter, ,molex to mother board and 8 pin CPU - fan spins. Board gets power!

HX1000i fan spins when fan test button is pressed. LED (error indicator ) doesnt glow, its all black cable so no way for me to use a paper clip to sort green/black wires to check but still all indicated it may not be a PSU issue. Since ive tried to used both 1000 i and 550, it looks it is not a PSU issue.

Two different  ATX switches tried, so it can't be ATX issue.

All indications seem to point out ASUS motherboard issue, isn't ? Should i return the board ? obviously MoBO model is new. 2017/16, brand new, hence it can't be mobo clock battery.

Looks like there are no short cuts for me!, just ordered multimeter but this is just getting complicated.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: