Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching Tradehill prices closely...  (Read 6925 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:59:18 PM

I wish mods would focus on the Tradehill spammers over the trolls that will indefinitely be present.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:00:44 PM

Just bought at tradehill , ready for the waves  Grin.

Do you wear a helmet out in public? Tongue

I'm just wondering what type of person buys, now, at $16... when there's a few thousand in BTC moving around and the USD is probably not likely to follow it nearly as quick. Not saying that BTC is going to tank, but now is a pretty terrible time to be buying.

^_^
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:02:59 PM

Just bought at tradehill , ready for the waves  Grin.

I'm just wondering what type of person buys, now, at $16... when there's a few thousand in BTC moving around and the USD is probably not likely to follow it nearly as quick. Not saying that BTC is going to tank, but now is a pretty terrible time to be buying.
I think the market is going to surprise people. I am not in it to get out right away, I am in this for the longrun. I don't believe that Bitoins will drop all because mtgox is back  online if anything the speculation is going to fuel these prices. I just can't see it going any lower than $15 when these coins are trading at 15+ in every single exhanger, and @25 at ebay. Even if I buy at 16 I still make killer profit on Ebay.
qualia8 (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:12:20 PM

I think the market is going to surprise people. I am not in it to get out right away, I am in this for the longrun. I don't believe that Bitoins will drop all because mtgox is back  online if anything the speculation is going to fuel these prices. I just can't see it going any lower than $15 when these coins are trading at 15+ in every single exhanger, and @25 at ebay. Even if I buy at 16 I still make killer profit on Ebay.
[/quote

I can't believe Ebay is allowing this.  Won't PayPal arbitrarily reverse the transactions and leave sellers hanging?
Grant

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:16:14 PM

I can't believe Ebay is allowing this.  Won't PayPal arbitrarily reverse the transactions and leave sellers hanging?

They're not allowing this, thats why it's a helluva deal to buy bitcoins at ANY price on ebay because you can simply reverse the transaction after upto 6months, and the idiot seller will be left with a closed paypal/ebay account (if it was already empty they'll charge his RL bank account) and his btc's gone.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:19:01 PM

I can't believe Ebay is allowing this.  Won't PayPal arbitrarily reverse the transactions and leave sellers hanging?

Ebays letting us get away with it for now. We have an internal list of honest buyers, and dishonest scammers. It's a group list that basically keeps everyone out of trouble, and stuff operating smoothly. Trust me, Ebay may publicly have a problem with this, but inside their loving it.  We are literally printing them money ! Alot of people are basically taking a penny, and attaching a BTC bonus on to the penny. This makes it really, really , hard for ebay to justify closing your auction down. You're allowed to trade currency on Ebay, and how high your auction gets has nothing to do with the value of the currency that you are selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-cent-two-2-Bitcoin-Bonus-2-BTC-/200623743620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2eb61b6284
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:21:42 PM

They're not allowing this, thats why it's a helluva deal to buy bitcoins at ANY price on ebay because you can simply reverse the transaction after upto 6months, and the idiot seller will be left with a closed paypal/ebay account (if it was already empty they'll charge his RL bank account) and his btc's gone.
No such thing as 6 month charge-backs. The most my money is held for is 2 weeks. We have an internal list which makes these transactions go much smoother. You have much higher chance of getting scammed in one of these exchangers than you would on Ebay. There are many ways to protect yourself, but I don't feel like it's necessary to divulge that information, especially when you are so hostile to the idea.
BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:26:00 PM

Starting to see some signs of a cash out on TH...

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
Grant

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:32:53 PM

No such thing as 6 month charge-backs. The most my money is held for is 2 weeks. We have an internal list which makes these transactions go much smoother. You have much higher chance of getting scammed in one of these exchangers than you would on Ebay. There are many ways to protect yourself, but I don't feel like it's necessary to divulge that information, especially when you are so hostile to the idea.

You're wrong. Do some more research, chargebacks can happen upto 6 months after a transaction is made and if you have a CC or a bankaccount attached to it, paypal will get your money from there.

You're right about one thing, you are much better protected using ebay/paypal but only IF you are the buyer, if you are the seller you have to prey and hope the buyer isn't a thief.

I'm not hostile to the idea of buying using paypal/ebay, but selling through there is plain stupid.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:35:57 PM

You're wrong. Do some more research, chargebacks can happen upto 6 months after a transaction is made and if you have a CC or a bankaccount attached to it, paypal will get your money from there.

You're right about one thing, you are much better protected using ebay/paypal but only IF you are the buyer, if you are the seller you have to prey and hope the buyer isn't a thief.

I'm not hostile to the idea of buying using paypal/ebay, but selling through there is plain stupid.
I think that's why I am going to start selling it pegged to a real coin, cause then you have something tangible to go by. So there is actually a shipment that takes place, and the customer is held accountable for that shipment/confirmation. It's alot less riskier this way, and you can peg it to almost anything you can think of, even an old sock, just add BTC BONUS to the end of it and the scavengers will find it !
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:40:20 PM

I thought economists predicted things, not play-by-play commentary. So, 'professor', anything regarding the future? Don't worry, we won't be too rough on you, after all - economist is one of the few jobs where you can be wrong and still be employed. Smiley

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:41:33 PM

I thought economists predicted things, not play-by-play commentary. So, 'professor', anything regarding the future? Don't worry, we won't be too rough on you, after all - economist is one of the few jobs where you can be wrong and still be employed. Smiley

I have consistently stated we should see a price of $7-$9 not long after Mt. Gox opens.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:42:54 PM

I have consistently stated we should see a price of $7-$9 not long after Mt. Gox opens.

Sorry, I don't have 'not long' marked on my clock. Could you be more specific?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:44:19 PM

Why? Difficulty has gone up, there is ALOT more competition in the exchange market, and there are projects popping up everywhere. What is an indicator to you that we are headed for single digits ?
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Why? Difficulty has gone up, there is ALOT more competition in the exchange market, and there are projects popping up everywhere. What is an indicator to you that we are headed for single digits ?

Lack of trust in the currency.  As of late, it increasingly appears that you have no recourse in the face of criminal activity.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:50:41 PM

Lack of trust in the currency.  As of late, it increasingly appears that you have no recourse in the face of criminal activity.
Who's lacking trust in the actual currency? If anything people are lacking trusts against MTGOX. Not bitcoin lol..
grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:52:11 PM

Welcome to the Wild West. Standard rules don't apply.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:52:28 PM

Who's lacking trust in the actual currency? If anything people are lacking trusts against MTGOX. Not bitcoin lol..

This is the misconception techie types have.  Yes, Mt Gox was the one hacked, however that hacking showed people that they have no recourse when there money is stolen.  A Bitcoin Deposit Insurance Corp. type entity is vital if this currency is to succeed long term.

BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:58:07 PM

Yes. After the hoards of disgruntled Bitcoiners liberated their precious booty from the evil clutches of the Gox they could not wait to get real money out of their coin on the TradeHill...

All... 460... Coins...

It's extremely unlikely this event is over.

grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:59:42 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 07:17:46 PM by grndzero

Lack of trust in the currency.  As of late, it increasingly appears that you have no recourse in the face of criminal activity.

This is the misconception techie types have.  Yes, Mt Gox was the one hacked, however that hacking showed people that they have no recourse when there money is stolen.  A Bitcoin Deposit Insurance Corp. type entity is vital if this currency is to succeed long term.

No, it's a misconception that NON-techie and the ill informed have.

For there to be a BDIC there would have to be a bitcoin bank, and a bitcoin bank it a pretty lame idea until the bank can have recourse against someone who defaults on a loan.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: