Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox BTC hitting TH Auction Block  (Read 7447 times)
zef

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:33:48 PM

it looks like there is trading going on right now on gox, if you watch the chart.  I cant make any though, says they are testing.
http://mtgoxlive.com/

That website is directed at TradeHill at the moment.

Thanks good to know
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrYe5 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:33:56 PM

*yawn*

Yeah, I'll bet you're sleeping right through this whole episode, Trader.
DrYe5 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:20:26 PM

The plummet continues... >10% fall from today's high since Mt. Gox opened. No news to break the trend in sight, many holders traumatized by the hack.
andes

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:25:26 PM

TH right now

I think lots of BTC liberated from MtGox today, but not as many dollars. So for now, the supply and demand leans towards more BTC than dollars.
BTC Economist

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:27:58 PM

Mt. Gox hack is only the surface of the problem right now....some fundamental problems (ie. lack of recourse to criminal activity) with the currency are contributing to the sell-off.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
andes

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:30:08 PM

Mt. Gox hack is only the surface of the problem right now....some fundamental problems (ie. lack of recourse to criminal activity) with the currency are contributing to the sell-off.
If you look at the upwards trend for the last days, its clear that the selloff of the last hours has to do with MtGox opening.
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:31:24 PM

If you look at the upwards trend for the last days, its clear that the selloff of the last hours has to do with MtGox opening.

obviously as that's where the funds were trapped.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:32:21 PM

Don't forget half-assed theories. Those are completely related, too.

I miss the old forums, before the wave of hysteria washed over it.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
TriumVir

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:33:23 PM

They can set the market to any price they'd like and it makes absolutely no difference.  Price doesn't move unless there's a transaction.  MtGox isn't setting the price, the market will quickly fix it.
Yes . . . but setting the price so high, for right now, limits the number of BTC that can be withdrawn.
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:34:06 PM

yay an uptick!

andes

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:35:45 PM

"Fundamental problems" does not account for the upwards trend of the last days.
DrYe5 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:43:54 PM

Attempting to reach parity with Gox' 17.5 at the purported starting times does, however.
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:50:05 PM

There is so much money locked up since Mt Gox went down that the last few days are mostly irrelevant.  Tradehill was less well known and most of the people in there right now are techie types.  Mt. Gox did have some investor types because of its higher profile and these people are going to price systemic risk into their trading. 

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:10:11 PM

They can set the market to any price they'd like and it makes absolutely no difference.  Price doesn't move unless there's a transaction.  MtGox isn't setting the price, the market will quickly fix it.
Yes . . . but setting the price so high, for right now, limits the number of BTC that can be withdrawn.
Nope - withdraw limit of BTC seems to have been manually set to 100 BTC for everyone.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
Havoc

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:15:03 PM

The plummet continues... >10% fall from today's high since Mt. Gox opened. No news to break the trend in sight, many holders traumatized by the hack.

No one will fall for your trolling.
DrYe5 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:25:49 PM

Just stating the facts mam.
TriumVir

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:28:58 PM

Nope - withdraw limit of BTC seems to have been manually set to 100 BTC for everyone.
Is that so? If so, I stand corrected. Is that a temporary thing or what? Will we go back to the $1,000 standard once MtGox launches and a new trading price is established?
Havoc

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:36:26 PM

No facts, just inaccurate numbers and speculation.

Todays high at Tradehill was 16.50. The rate has not even been close to the 14,85 required for a 10% fall.

Stop trolling!
BTC Economist

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:42:35 PM

Oh, I guess facts is facts.

Riddle me this DrYe5... What happens to the exchange rate when one side of the orderbook is empty???

What do you think will happen when Mt. Gox opens with no BTC on the orderbook because everybody withdrew it?

Mt. Gox will be shortly irrelevant so I'm not sure the point of your question.  Only a fool would trust their money to Mt. Gox.

grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:45:03 PM

Oh, I guess facts is facts.

Riddle me this DrYe5... What happens to the exchange rate when one side of the orderbook is empty???

What do you think will happen when Mt. Gox opens with no BTC on the orderbook because everybody withdrew it?

Mt. Gox will be shortly irrelevant so I'm not sure the point of your question.  Only a fool would trust their money to Mt. Gox.

For someone representing an economist you suck at answering simple economics questions.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: