Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S.MG - The Ministry of Games.  (Read 27104 times)
stephwen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:29:14 PM

No. While I appreciate the stubborn display of "she couldn't possibly have meant to say we're not good enough", that's exactly what is being said: that there's no perceived benefit on MP's part of discussing the business plan here. You are cordially invited to open the eyes and ears and shut the mouth, basically. Take it as a learning experience, this is how things are done sort of thing.
So, basically you're saying that there is a guy who's trying to run a new business. He, of course, has a solid business plan, is asking for investors money, but is reluctant to tell anything about said business plan? That's preposterous.

Perhaps if this venture does well on the middle to long run, and if he wants to start something else in a few years, the he could consider doing it this way, but right now, even the with the "relative" success of MPEX, it seems presumptuous.

This misapprehension seems chiefly the result of you being new around here, and so your perspective is flattened on one end, the so called "more than 100 years ago" effect. There's nothing wrong with that: if you manage to survive in Bitcoin on the middle to long run your estimations of things will necessarily change to better align with reality.

There is no misapprehension, MP has obviously managed to run one venture which does OK, and that's pretty much it.
I'll concede that in bitcoin world, managing to run a venture for more than 6 months and not scamming the hell out of every noob is actually the exception and it does put him above 95% of wannabe "entrepreneurs", but I still don't consider this a good enough of a track record to invest solely based on reputation.

Now, as you said yourself, you're entitled to your own opinions. You obviously have a great consideration for him and it's enough for you to consider investing solely based on his reputation, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not the case at the moment, and I guess that I'm not the only one thinking that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omen1855

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 03:36:25 PM

At least it's a stock that is not at the meta-level of bitcoin. Seriously, we need more of these than just yet another mining bond or exchange.

Now if MP just wouldn't piss off developers on a regular basis I might invest Smiley

For my curiosity, make a list of ten companies where management regularly pissed off developers versus ten companies where management regularly catered to developers and then compare their business results. I'll even contribute a starting name for each list: EA and 3D Realms (Apogee Software) respectively.

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant this statement made, arguably not by MP (but he has his own), but by you:

"How about we get some advice from people who live and breathe technology instead of relying on scummy little rats who live and breathe finance?" Argumentum ad populum.

For the record, a boatload of neckbeards doesn't pay for one single financier. This because tech people actually are humanly inferior to money people. They're less of a person.

That's before hiring any, without any results yet, which might make it a bit more difficult convincing them to work on this project. Now I am a tech guy myself, and I see the humour and partial truth in this and can put it into context. However, you might have blown up some bridges already to hire the developers you need.

I hope I am wrong though, since again, I think this is exactly what we need to make the Bitcoin economy viable.

Affiliation code wTksie2mDj for a 10% discount on your trading fees on BitFinex
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:27:04 PM

It is interesting to note that as far as I know it does have a complete monopoly on game investment in bitcoin by default
Less an arcade site or two that accepts bitcoin so a potential oligopoly in that market
(I do not know their development strategy but assuming a game company arcade seems logical if they enter the market)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174724.0

As a bitcoin game developer and designer it has a monopoly
Whether that amounts to dollars and profits remains to be seen and really depends on if you believe in leadership or let the leadership prove itself.
Whether they can find game developers who know how to make good games, and whether they can make good games people will buy is another question.

Is S.MG going to focus on a certain niche of games (beyond using Bitcoin)?
Not so far. In general specialization occurs as a result of competitive pressures. There being no competition, specialization doesn't make sense at this point.

Whether this strategy is a good one or not depends in the end it is about money and fiat to fund games the fact it is denominated in bitcoin makes it fundamentally no different than a game design start-up, what does matter is the lineup.
Bitcoin has a lot of IPO's it really comes down to leadership and performance and your trust in the person.
That said it is interesting just because its not a mining fund or along similar lines but is a shot out at left field
By left field I mean a whole new area of exploration and so is worth monitoring

There was a question I did have
Are they going to focus  on online gaming (Arcade Sites) PC Gaming (Actual unit's in stores) Something along the lines of a MMORPG (World of Warcraft), or is the type of gaming still uncertain.
Each has different risks so seems like a fair question to ask and it is called the ministry of gaming but what will be the first Ministry Smiley

Anyways thanks again
Also Does the IPO member have a bitcointalk account to answer shareholder/potential stakeholders questions?
(If there primary language is not English, do they have an account in a subforum in another language and let us use translators instead)
Should not assume we must make them learn English Cheesy

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:02:01 PM

That's before hiring any, without any results yet, which might make it a bit more difficult convincing them to work on this project. Now I am a tech guy myself, and I see the humour and partial truth in this and can put it into context. However, you might have blown up some bridges already to hire the developers you need.

I hope I am wrong though, since again, I think this is exactly what we need to make the Bitcoin economy viable.

I'll settle for the bolded part. Here's the dilemma: if people don't know/don't care about that statement then you can hire them. If everybody knows and cares about what me/MP says then you can always find people to hire because you're the only thing so cool on the Internet that EVERYONE knows and cares what you say. Either way....

Are they going to focus  on online gaming (Arcade Sites) PC Gaming (Actual unit's in stores) Something along the lines of a MMORPG (World of Warcraft), or is the type of gaming still uncertain.

The "boxed game" distribution model seems pretty much dead in the way the VHS tape is dead: nobody's arguing with the folk keeping their VHS collections around, but nobody is releasing anything on VHS anymore.

On the practical side, looking at the marketplace it'd seem the item mall model is coming out victorious. You can't argue with the victor and so S.MG is open to having BTC-based item malls as a revenue model. On the theoretical side, looking at the strengths of BTC and so forth it'd seem RCE is the best fit. S.MG will try to promote that within reason.

Also Does the IPO member have a bitcointalk account to answer shareholder/potential stakeholders questions?
(If there primary language is not English, do they have an account in a subforum in another language and let us use translators instead)

I have no idea what you mean by that?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:11:00 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 07:21:07 PM by freedomno1

Does the IPO member have a bitcointalk account to answer shareholder/potential stakeholders questions?

I have no idea what you mean by that?

I meant who is  the IPO's owner and do they have an account on the forums here on bitcointalk if their primary language of communication is English and how will they reply to our questions in English Italian French Chinese etc Smiley

For example your MPOE-PR so your asset is MPOE on Mpex when directing questions regarding that asset you reply in English here on the forum
My question is if there an official S.MG-PR representative account and what language they will communicate to us in

The reason I ask is since the reply was a bit weird in English so was wondering what their native tongue is
Either that or its quite colorful

Directly from MP:

When I IPO already existing businesses teh forum complains that it's unfair the owner of already existing businesses gets to be the owner of said already existing business, instead of simply gifting all the pre-existing value to whatever random oaf feels inclined to "invest" fiddy cents. When I IPO businesses-to-be teh forum wants to know if there exists the business already. No, it does not, that's why you get to participate in a variable-float IPO rather than a fixed float IPO.

He's being mean though, I don't see that in the question at all.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:23:34 PM

Let's see here.

I meant who is  the IPO's owner and do they have an account on the forums here on bitcointalk if their primary language of communication is English and how will they reply to our questions in English Italian French Chinese etc

If you mean MP, no he doesn't have a forum account. You can probably chat him up on irc. He's fluent in English and a few other languages (perhaps not Chinese). He also keeps a blog, which mostly gets English posts these days (but a lot of articles in Romanian).

I'm the designated forum PR person, which is why that first link in my signature is there.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

Let's see here.

I meant who is  the IPO's owner and do they have an account on the forums here on bitcointalk if their primary language of communication is English and how will they reply to our questions in English Italian French Chinese etc

If you mean MP, no he doesn't have a forum account. You can probably chat him up on irc. He's fluent in English and a few other languages (perhaps not Chinese). He also keeps a blog, which mostly gets English posts these days (but a lot of articles in Romanian).

I'm the designated forum PR person, which is why that first link in my signature is there.

Gotcha thanks for the info
Maybe put it in the offering if any investors have questions for him directly so they know where to look for him
That or assemble a FAQ sheet and cut down a few questions right off the bat so you can cover the rest and ignore answering old questions or point to a conveniently pointed FAQ Smiley

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:03:59 PM

So did the IPO sell out already?

Has anybody started a pass-through for this yet?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:41:56 PM

It's not sold out yet. People have been putting bids in since the asset became available, there was one share sale Tues (something like 15%), and another today (about 70%). The last one will be Monday the 10th.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:33:06 AM

It's not sold out yet. People have been putting bids in since the asset became available, there was one share sale Tues (something like 15%), and another today (about 70%). The last one will be Monday the 10th.

Oh, I see. I noted that there was no ask, so I thought it was all sold already. Seems to be going pretty fast.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:56:13 PM

In the news: the IPO was successfully completed last night. Total of 88,096,605 shares sold (S.MG's current float), with 8,799.0657479 BTC raised (S.MG's current capital).

Full details here.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:42:04 AM

In the news: the IPO was successfully completed last night. Total of 88,096,605 shares sold (S.MG's current float), with 8,799.0657479 BTC raised (S.MG's current capital).

Full details here.

That's no way to manage an asset! Where is voting with unsold shares, shipping costs as assets, 'cash kitty' randomly being found, and opinion polls of "do you like the manager"?!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

That's no way to manage an asset! Where is voting with unsold shares, shipping costs as assets, 'cash kitty' randomly being found, and opinion polls of "do you like the manager"?!

MPEx is not sufficiently technologically advanced yet. Still working on AJAX out of control includes so we too can be hacked into and have random people change the passwords of random accounts like the other "exchanges" in the "business".

Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:37:39 PM

8 btc per vote ... I guess that is one way to keep frivolous votes from being posted.  Shocked

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:45:55 PM

8 btc per vote ... I guess that is one way to keep frivolous votes from being posted.  Shocked

I think it could be said that if the result of the vote isn't likely to create at least 8 BTC of value for the company there's absolutely no point in bothering with it at all. It is after all a game company in the sense of making games, not in the sense of being a game.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:45:24 PM

Is there any known person associated with this company who has any experience in the games industry?

I wouldn't invest in this share without knowing what they planned to do and who they had hired.

But then there are plenty of folks who mindlessly put lots of money in an unknown entity.

Just like there were thousands who paid thousands of guilders to buy the latest tulip bulbs in 1637. Roll Eyes
LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

tinus42 I think you need to look around :

-There is a better raffle if you're willing to sell your signature space : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223474.0

-http://polimedia.us/trilema/2013/kings-bounty-the-legend/ is one exemple of a blog post written by the owner of MPEX and speaking about games.

There are others. Take the time to read and you will understand that there is no "unknown entity"...

Please read thoroughly before speaking about tulip bulbs.

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
tinus42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:33:09 PM

tinus42 I think you need to look around :

-There is a better raffle if you're willing to sell your signature space : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223474.0

-http://polimedia.us/trilema/2013/kings-bounty-the-legend/ is one exemple of a blog post written by the owner of MPEX and speaking about games.

There are others. Take the time to read and you will understand that there is no "unknown entity"...

Please read thoroughly before speaking about tulip bulbs.

I'm just not CEO-awed like many people are.

Even when someone like Warren Buffet promotes a stock you generally lose because he likely promotes stocks which benefit him the most.

Look at what someone does instead of what someone says.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:05:03 PM

Is there any known person associated with this company who has any experience in the games industry?

No.

I wouldn't invest in this share without knowing what they planned to do and who they had hired.

Would you invest in this share if you knew what they planned to do and who they had hired?

But then there are plenty of folks who mindlessly put lots of money in an unknown entity.

Check your assumptions will you. Things exist that you don't know about without being necessarily unknown for that reason.

Even when someone like Warren Buffet promotes a stock you generally lose because he likely promotes stocks which benefit him the most

Actually I can't recall the last stock WB promoted. What was it?

tinus42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:28:02 PM

No.

That's all I need to know. Basically this is a gamble, not an informed investment. Q.E.D.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: