Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:29:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connect to eBit-E9 Wirelessly  (Read 489 times)
Und3rd0g (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:35:39 AM

For some reason, the only way I can connect to configure my eBit miners is if I setup a separate network on a spare router and hardwire the miner and PC to the same network.   Once configured, they hash happily on my normal internet connected network.   If I need to reconfigure them, I need to reconnect them to my solo network.    I am I missing something or is this normal for the eBit miners?  Has anyone been able to wirelessly access the configuration on these machines?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:36:01 PM

For some reason, the only way I can connect to configure my eBit miners is if I setup a separate network on a spare router and hardwire the miner and PC to the same network.   Once configured, they hash happily on my normal internet connected network.   If I need to reconfigure them, I need to reconnect them to my solo network.    I am I missing something or is this normal for the eBit miners?  Has anyone been able to wirelessly access the configuration on these machines?

As far as I know they don't accept wifi connections.

Did you setup the machine for DHCP, or are you using a static IP?
Und3rd0g (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:44:35 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 10:59:16 PM by Und3rd0g

For some reason, the only way I can connect to configure my eBit miners is if I setup a separate network on a spare router and hardwire the miner and PC to the same network.   Once configured, they hash happily on my normal internet connected network.   If I need to reconfigure them, I need to reconnect them to my solo network.    I am I missing something or is this normal for the eBit miners?  Has anyone been able to wirelessly access the configuration on these machines?

For some reason, the only way I can connect to configure my eBit miners is if I setup a separate network on a spare router and hardwire the miner and PC to the same network.   Once configured, they hash happily on my normal internet connected network.   If I need to reconfigure them, I need to reconnect them to my solo network.    I am I missing something or is this normal for the eBit miners?  Has anyone been able to wirelessly access the configuration on these machines?

It is using DHCP.  Again, when I hardwire the E9 and my Laptop into the same solo Network, I can access the admin console.  Once  I configure it I plug it into an IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter which is wirelessly connected to my 192.168.1.x network but cannot connect to the admin console.

UPDATE!!!!!
IT'S WORKING!   Perhaps I was being too impatient.  It seems that after 24 hours, I can see the eBit's on my 192.168.1.x network and can wirelessly get to the admin console.  Giddy-up!  

Getting this working wasn't a show stopper since I had a hard-wire work around.  It's nice to have the convenience of not having to create an adhoc hard-wired network to get to the admin console when I need to!
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:27:59 PM

Worth a shot!
(Scurries off w/laptop and Ethernet cords)
mark0487

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:10:54 PM

I need help I have tried all that and I still cant connect. Questions I have for you

1. What type of Spare Router you used?
2. Who is your Internet Service Provider. I use comcast who uses 10.0.0.1?
3. What were your exact Steps?
4. Do you live on the East coast I will gladly pay you to configure my 5 miners.
5. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Hazzard

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:52:25 AM

I also am having trouble connecting even wiring direct to the router.
Does anyone know how to get into the Ebit in the first place?
gshot

Activity: 22
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:03:16 AM

I don't know if this is relevant but I've recently received a couple of E9+ and couldn't access. They were not showing with any ip scanner.
If you have the same problem... hold reset button for 30 seconds and release. It will reboot and then will show up with any ip scanner.

You will have to put the speed back up to 750 PLL as that will also reset to 600 and only run at 7THs or so
zurylostboys

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Earn Need Patient's

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:32:10 PM

for the first time you get ebit they put static ip to configure that machine is very hard but  simple if you have the right tool ...

after that you must plug you eth cable since they not accept wireless for configure

after that run ebitminermini and find lan and change scan the ip that it .. after that open the angry ip and scan .. walla you get the ip

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: