Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Bitcoin manipulation by banks  (Read 924 times)
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:18:09 AM

Banks and other financial institutions consider bitcoin as a threat to their economy since the appearance of a transparent blockchain only makes their corrupted nature more visible. That is why they also cannot accept blockchain technology in their work as well. So they will pay people or themselves work to tear down the image of bitcoin and use scare tactics to make people sell bitcoin and get out of the market. This has been happening for a long time and then people are nowadays becoming more tolerant towards such propaganda. People assume these things to happen and only buy more bitcoin during dips and this is good for the economy.

Yeah because BTC starting divulge their shitty business were they are just using depositors money to earn much more money, I f some law makers say that BTC is just A money laundering, then what they can say about loan shark banks that sprouting all over the globe are they not money launderer?

onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:26:10 AM

Bitcoin's existence began to threaten several major banks. They are trying to hold back the progress of Bitcoin. but they are aware that technology can not be stopped by force.
So many banks have chosen to join Bitcoin. and that you ask if the Bank can manipulate Bitcoin and my answer, for now, is yes. but I can not give a reason now.
sydcrypt

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:32:26 AM

I don't think its possible. And how exactly will they go about centralizing blockchain? max they can do is interefere when the crypto is converted into fiat currency. but if world comes to a state where everything is directly dealt with in crypto then i think banks will totally loose their power to monopolize. BTC is here to stay!!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:35:04 AM

No where in my first post I never uttered the words blockchain I know the difference.
I said that generally because I personally never heard of any involvement of banks with bitcoin itself other than its technology. they always talk about making their own. not investing in bitcoin.
and in some places it is not even legal for them to invest in an unregulated bitcoin market.

JP Morgan has bought some bitcoin, it's all over the forums and reddit and apparently was verified on the ledger. if i'm wrong someone speak up and i'll withdraw this statement. Other banks are on the sidelines considering or putting plans in the works. As for the open ended question, the whole post is about bitcoin on a bitcoin forum, what could they possibly be getting involved in, I bet you it's probably bitcoin.
the JP Morgan thing was something open for debate I guess. some say it was their platform and they are buying bitcoin on behalf of their clients. that is what we saw in that screenshot on that Swedish website. I don't know how true or wrong this is, I just wanted to put it out there.
I personally think JP Morgan has invested in bitcoin, whether what we saw was it or not doesn't matter.

Basically they do in fact have the power to buy into bitcoin, my question is does that mean they have the power to boost and dump, that would create far more severe peaks and valleys than we've seen before as opposed to the somewhat gently ones we've seen even considering the 300% rise this year. me personally i'm holding till the cows come home bull or bear market. They have the billions to do such a move is what i'm saying. now at what rate, I don't know. that's something to ask exchanges.

I am worried the banks will try to make one of a few self fulfilling prophecies, and they haven't shown their true strength. Right now they are whining like preschoolers and I hope it stays that way. I worry too about people leaving because of their involvement when it comes to negative actions. I see bitcoin as fairly resistant to it for a whole host of reasons, but is it resistant to a massive 1 billion dollar sell off by one entity? That's more of what i'm worried about.
my opinion is that if banks do such things they will do it for profit, in which case the question is that "is bitcoin really that profitable for them compared to other things they do legally that makes them do this"
because they can not "kill bitcoin", the price doesn't matter even if they unload 1 billion dollar on the market, price will bounce bad up fast. market being small actually works both ways in this case.

Only Bitcoin
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:41:08 AM

I don't think that there will be a manipulation in bitcoin by the banks because we all know that the bitcoin is full decentralized so anyone cannot do anything that they want in bitcoin because it is untouchable and no one have right to do something in bitcoin like manipulating. People will do their best to defend bitcoin in any kind of manipulation and even the banks cannot surpass.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:55:42 AM

Depends, If there's a strong urge of individual or agency to counterfeit the system's of bitcoin, maybe they could find solutions to manipulate bitcoins in banks, There's always a saying " If there's a will, There's a way" . The issue still hanging but the answer may found in the future, So lets wait what comes next.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:45:36 PM

Let me tell you bitcoin and banks are real enemy of each other and banks will try to create conflicts against bitcoin for sure. No doubt bitcoin is being used by big firms and exchanger to make their ways easier through the transaction portal. But there are banks who comes in the picture when the transaction is to be made into fiat currency. They will just bring up all the questions against the the transaction do that they can not allow the system to flow in multi-directional ways.
I would rather we realized that banks are really not the enemy of Bitcoin, they're businesses out to make profits which ever way they can, only they have to constantly look over their shoulders, not to offend their masters - the central banks! Most of the central bank are the arch enemy of Bitcoin and anyone here that doesn't know yet, deserves not to be here in the first place!

Exchangers can not and will never be able to do anything about it in the first place because they are already outlawed by regulatory authorities. So for them it's like nil before me situation and they will just get manipulated by the big bankers. Who knows where this will lead in the future.
Bitcoin have proven to be a very speculative tool and I would be taken aback if the banks could afford to sit on the fence, watching such profit making opportunity to pass-by.

As for manipulating the market, that's nothing new and it mustn't  take a bank to do so, even if you and I have millions of Bitcoin, our sell and buy orders will likewise jolt the market, but then that would only last for just a while and the market soon absorbs that constrain and move on. That is a reason we should all be doing our own bits to maintain a healthy and robust community, where decentralization is our most formidable weapon.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:54:14 PM

The holy grail for a greedy hedge fund is to corner the market, or something like that.  If you control the supply, you control the price.  And bitcoin has a hard cap on the amount of supply.  I am a bit worried that large funds may enter bitcoin and manipulate the price.  Its not that hard since liquidity isnt all that deep, which is why we get all these swings.  there is a lot of volume, but its mostly algorithmic trading and not all of it is "real", i.e. lots of wash trades I think.  So they spend millions and millions buying up a lot of bitcoin, and then they can dump them all at once, crashing the price, buy back lower, profit.  Or the big trade, buy everything, then pump the price.  In that case I'm on board because the price will skyrocket.  but what goes up too fast...
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:07:49 PM

So they spend millions and millions buying up a lot of bitcoin, and then they can dump them all at once, crashing the price, buy back lower, profit. 

this strategy won't work in my opinion.
because if you dump a lot of bitcoin on the market you just temporarily crash the price. there has actually been examples of this. i remember Coinbase crashed down to 10 cent or something like that a couple of months ago. and it did not even last more than a couple of minutes before everyone bought the ULTIMATE cheap coins. and price jumped back up to where it was before!

There is a FOMO brewing...
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:11:02 PM

So now that large Banks and investment firms are starting to get involved, do you think they will try to manufacture crash and correction scares to trigger more doubt and an exodus of "the weak hands"? For some reason I feel like we may see this kind of game play involving bitcoin, unless the exchanges try and do something about it. I know many exchanges have limits to help both themselves and market fluctuations. But imagine a massive sell off that kpe bitcoin at the same price for years or made it go down severely enough to trigger worry among even veteran users.

is this possible?
should more precautions be taken against greedy abuse of the system.
is the system already to resilient to be messed with by them.

thoughts please. Smiley

Point of correction, large banks and investment firms are not starting to get involved, they are already involved and everyone is trying to make the best out of the current situation.

Whether they will manipulate or not, any person in bitcoin knows that the volatility of price will need to be attached to one reason and when  we can't find any reason, we give credit to the whales without knowing who they are I.e it could also be the banks that you are making reference to which also leads to the fact that the manipulation has been ongoing.

What to do to curb or stop it, its based on individual resolution not to be used as pawns in the scheme of things. Get understanding and never be ruled by emotions because that will be the worst decision after all.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

So now that large Banks and investment firms are starting to get involved, do you think they will try to manufacture crash and correction scares to trigger more doubt and an exodus of "the weak hands"? For some reason I feel like we may see this kind of game play involving bitcoin, unless the exchanges try and do something about it. I know many exchanges have limits to help both themselves and market fluctuations. But imagine a massive sell off that kpe bitcoin at the same price for years or made it go down severely enough to trigger worry among even veteran users.

is this possible?

thoughts please. Smiley

What I think is that the involvement of the investment firms in the next segwit2x, this move has been opposed that could possibly make bitcoin as what it is or in short a centralized effect, and this could possibly start manipulations. what I see is the coin split and which coins miners bring their hashes will be the winner. hope the Real bitcoin will win, the decentralized bitcoin that we all been patronizing.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

I don't think banks can do that because they don't have any control over the bitcoin. Bitcoin has a very unique feature that makes it very hard to control its very private even tracing the ownership will be very difficult unless the government will conive with these banking institutions
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:28:58 PM

For me, regular dumps are no problem. If whales can earn a lot of money, what prevents you to do the same? Yes you will earn less than they are because you don't have millions of dollars, but you earn anyway. A bigger problem will be when bitcoin stabiliziruemost and speculative capital will leave bitcoin. It can really derail bitcoin or kill him.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

This is really happening. Who is financing the exchanges margin trades? If not banks then they should be something big. Margin trades are the reason why FUD and corrections should happen. Look at how rigged forex trading is.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:38:14 PM

Who else? There's no doubt that they are the manipulators. Most of the banks are against bitcoin. And everytime bitcoin is pumping they creating some drama. And media sensationalized it and caused panic to people and sell their bitcoins. This cause the bitcoin price dumped. They take advantage of the dips to get some cheaper bitcoins. Remember JP Morgan Chase's Jamie Dimon, he said that bitcoin is fraud. The price goes down huge. But they were caught buying at the dip. Anyway their drama works.
Manipulators are the big players of bitcoin. I think they just paid those guys to manipulate the price, in my opinion.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:40:43 PM

By banks, you mean government's.!! The authority is pissed off with cryptocurrencies. Decentralization will end the hold which government's have on people. They'll eventually create their own coins or do something to harm crypto.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:47:45 PM

You do not know that bitcoin is not affiliated to any countries. The creator of it is Satoshi Nakamoto. And he is anonymous. Nobody in this world know him that well. Because of the fact that he is using his anonymity. By that nobody can control him in his works on bitcoin. Even if it is good or bad nobody can own him, so as bitcoins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

I don't feel all the countries will ever join as a single force to ban Bitcoin which could cause a massive dumping of it. Rather banning of it is rare case and won't contribute much in its price decrease.
Bitcoin already has large strong community. Certain tension from specific areas like from China in September isn't capable of affecting it at large. As sooner or later, community works as one hand and help it recovering from dumps. Bitcoin has recovered from $2.8k to $4.5k in just 10-15 days.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:16:19 PM

is this possible?

thoughts please. Smiley

It is highly possible and probably ongoing right now. Margins in trading is an easier access to these kinds of strategy. Rich and greedy people have always find their own ways to make the most of loopholes. They are going to manipulate pumps and dumps as well because of their very large holdings.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:20:45 PM

Marginal trading is totally new experience for crypto traders and leverage will kill their profits in blink of eye. That's why big banks and financial inistituions hire experienced individuals to soar their profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: