Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *WARNING* www.myethewallėt.com *PHISHING* *WARNING*  (Read 315 times)
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:19:33 PM

If anyone else received an email like this:

=== MYETHERWALLET IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ===

*UPGRADE REQUIRED*

This message was shared on all Slack channels in the hope of reaching as many Ethereum holders as possible.

Due to the Hard Fork that will be happening at the end of this week, we decided to implement a number of changes and improvements, including higher levels of anonymous transactions, easier programming and smart contracts, and additional security in the form of masking, which will help protect users against hacking.
All ethereum wallets require to be manually upgraded, especially the ones that were created before this date otherwise they risk being unprotected and funds may be lost during fork process.

To upgrade your wallet to lastest security settings, please visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info.

We are taking this measures to protect both you and our network from phishing and malicious attacks.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
MyEtherWallet, LLC”.

It is a complete SCAM and a phishing site, it will take your private keys and drain all of your coins. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT trust the email and ALWAYS check the website name in the URL, as you can see the R is missing and the E' has a glyph.

Campaign Manager (2018)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nickneal

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:22:21 AM

*UPGRADE REQUIRED*

This message was shared on all Slack channels in the hope of reaching as many Ethereum holders as possible.

Due to the Hard Fork that will be happening at the end of this week, we decided to implement a number of changes and improvements, including higher levels of anonymous transactions, easier programming and smart contracts, and additional security in the form of masking, which will help protect users against hacking.
All ethereum wallets require to be manually upgraded, especially the ones that were created before this date otherwise they risk being unprotected and funds may be lost during fork process.

To upgrade your wallet to lastest security settings, please visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info.

We are taking this measures to protect both you and our network from phishing and malicious attacks.

MyEtherWallet, LLC”.

It is a complete SCAM and a phishing site, it will take your private keys and drain all of your coins. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT trust the email and ALWAYS check the website name in the URL, as you can see the R is missing and the E' has a glyph.

Yup, its a total scam, luckily I checked the link carefully before I did something wrong. How come there's a phishing on Slack? They suppose to prevent it not to scam people. Everyone else need to know about this!
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:25:37 AM

*UPGRADE REQUIRED*

MyEtherWallet, LLC”.

Yup, its a total scam, luckily I checked the link carefully before I did something wrong. How come there's a phishing on Slack? They suppose to prevent it not to scam people. Everyone else need to know about this!

Exactly what i was thinking. Slack was supposed to filter that out for us.

Campaign Manager (2018)
daplun

Activity: 240
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:56:43 AM

yes it is true I have used it and a few weeks there is a completed altcoin project but I have not received a coin prize, whether this kind of thing can we check with etherscan or exsplorer.io to know where we lost coin. ?
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:40:30 AM

*UPGRADE REQUIRED*

MyEtherWallet, LLC”.

Better stay away on slack channels since there are so many MEW phising attempt and those newbie people must know that they should be vigilant and always look to the url of the site so that they will not scam by anybody here. But good thing you post it up for better exposure and so by this people could read and understand that this kind of bad acts are existing and how disastrous to them if they will be caught by the pishermens.

moynul2050

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:31:48 PM

Thanks for giving warning, I am very worried about the fishing case.
there are some people who have been victimized. this is kind of carelessness.
blobbyheadstone

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:28:06 AM

Thanks for the warning. This should be on site 1 of the board not on 3-4.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

*UPGRADE REQUIRED*

MyEtherWallet, LLC”.

I really appreciate the warning because im using myetherwallet.  I heard of some user got hack by a phishing site in there MEW.
Choose site that has been secure .Thanks for the warning!! God bless you! Smiley
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:01:04 AM

It is true extra careful, they are good at hacking into slack
Scams everywhere, which is feared is someone does not know the information you submit
info is very important to me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: