Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx 470 won't mine!!!!  (Read 416 times)
Liammullen (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:13:29 AM

I've got a rx470 and it been mining pritty good for the past months and when I start to mine it goes to a black screen  and the monitor just says no signal. I have to reboot to turn it back on. Been to event viewer and details are event id:41 kernel power. Oh yea I'm using the latest claymore cryptonite miner and using the latest amd drivers if that any help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:34:59 AM

I've got a rx470 and it been mining pritty good for the past months and when I start to mine it goes to a black screen  and the monitor just says no signal. I have to reboot to turn it back on. Been to event viewer and details are event id:41 kernel power. Oh yea I'm using the latest claymore cryptonite miner and using the latest amd drivers if that any help

From the error code you got seems windows system restarted or encountered BSOD, you may check on the claymore miner logs if you see something strange while mining, it might be that your card has become unstable while mining that forces the system to restart.
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:56:12 AM

Usually when I've gotten a 41 it has been a faulty PSU or corrupted drivers.   I'd wipe the drivers and try a different PSU.
Liammullen (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:16:34 AM

I've got a corsair cx 600 watts psu  it pritty new and I have wiped windows clean and even reinstalled everything. I don't know if it the gpu but it works at gaming and normal computer usage but it did use to mine perfectly but when  I click on the miner now it goes to a black screen and the pc is on most of the time (sometime it goes off). So could it be the gpu because ) I doubt it a psu problem because I tried mining with a rx 460 and it work perfectly it just happens to the rx 470.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:55:12 AM

I've got a corsair cx 600 watts psu  it pritty new and I have wiped windows clean and even reinstalled everything. I don't know if it the gpu but it works at gaming and normal computer usage but it did use to mine perfectly but when  I click on the miner now it goes to a black screen and the pc is on most of the time (sometime it goes off). So could it be the gpu because ) I doubt it a psu problem because I tried mining with a rx 460 and it work perfectly it just happens to the rx 470.

Well, it still won't hurt to check it with a different PSU. Moreover, bronze rated PSUs are not so reliable for a 24-hour workload. The better being above Gold rating for PSUs if your purpose is mining.
dragon002

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:24:22 AM

I had this happen with a faulty GPU.
It would display fine in "normal" use, but crash the PC as soon as you'd apply OpenCL load. RMA'd the card, got a new one, no more problem.
Liammullen (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:10:54 PM

Well, it still won't hurt to check it with a different PSU. Moreover, bronze rated PSUs are not so reliable for a 24-hour workload. The better being above Gold rating for PSUs if your purpose is mining.
yea i will check before i buy a new card and have you got any recommendation PSU. also i lowered the power limit in the claymore miner (with -a 2 in the config file) and it seems to be stable (dunno how long for tho) so it does look like a psu problem but it could also be the GPU  Cry

I had this happen with a faulty GPU.
It would display fine in "normal" use, but crash the PC as soon as you'd apply OpenCL load. RMA'd the card, got a new one, no more problem.
seems to be working by lowing the power limit with claymore miner (-a 2 in the config folder) i just hope it not a gpu problem because these  cards are hard to get
Liammullen (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:04:25 AM

it went off again so it looks like a gpu problem to me but if you got any ideas that might help me just post
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:40:44 AM

Well, to be honest, I have few f those corsairs, not 600, but 650W bronze, and they are mining
four years continuously without any problems. All maintenance I do is blow dust away from time time, and that's all.
They're still doing their job.

This is my signature...
Liammullen (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:38:02 AM

Well, to be honest, I have few f those corsairs, not 600, but 650W bronze, and they are mining
four years continuously without any problems. All maintenance I do is blow dust away from time time, and that's all.
They're still doing their job.

it looks like a GPU problem to me and i know that corsair are one of the most reliable psu you can get but still going to try a different psu when i got time. seems to be working better if i lower the power limit of the gpu by 25% but when i put it back to normal the pc locks up with no signal and the gpu fans spins at 100% i have to do a hard reboot to get it working again. Huh
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:12:12 PM

I'm not sure if you have been modifying your bios, or not,
but I think you you did, to improve hashrate.
I had similar symptoms, when I changed memory timings to wrong values.
Maybe to try to play with that.

This is my signature...
Liammullen (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:51:22 PM

I'm not sure if you have been modifying your bios, or not,
but I think you you did, to improve hashrate.
I had similar symptoms, when I changed memory timings to wrong values.
Maybe to try to play with that.

i havent flashed a bios mod on the gpu (i was going to but didnt really have time) so it not a bios problem. probably just faulty it been mining for the past 12hours perfectly but i have to lower the power limit by 25% which lowers my hashrate right down. looks like i cart overload the card at full power  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: