Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From Mt Gox to CampBX to Bitcoin-Brokers? (NOT BITINSTANT)  (Read 686 times)
HeyThere (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

I'd like begin with I was an original  user of Mt Gox till they got their Dwolla account frozen. Then I came to bitcointalk to see what I could do to get my Mt gox funds cashed. I was advised by you guys to convert funds to bitcoins, then send to Campbx then transfer to Dwolla. It worked at that time.

However, I didn't convert all my mtgox fund into bitcoins at that time. Now, I'm in the same position, sort of. I still coins at Campbx. But the price to sell my bitcoins on campbx are so low, I'd be taking too much of a hit. I'm talking losing about $100.

So, I had to search for a different option. I looked around quite a bit. I tried bitinstant. But bitinstant was HORRIBLE with that automated verification system. I asked if there was another way to get verified (photo Id, bills, etc), they basically said that the system blocks you out for 1 week if you fail the automated verification system.

So I came across local bitcoins & Bitcoin brokers. I liked the concept of both companies. Its more of a peer-to-peer mixed with a little ecrow'ish feeling. However, being so used to mt.gox, I was confused with local bitcoins because I saw so many different prices for bitcoins the sellers were asking. I didn't know how long they had been waiting for a buyer. Also, the payment method was a little confusing. There was paypal, greendot. But I didn't see dwolla.

So I opened up another tab to bitcoin brokers. I was a little confused with this site as well. Honestly, the only reason I ended up using them was because I emailed customer service for instructions. And luckily, customer service promptly held my hand and walked me through the process.

So, now, I'm wondering has anyone had any experience with either of these? I'm hoping my experience with Bitbrokers goes smoothly as I haven't got my money just yet Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: