Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1337 Final APR. 13.37% was originally planned but to keep coin supply in check and improve coin value, we are proposing 1.337%. But we would like to hear from you all as your opinion matters.
13.37% (Old Final APR)
1.337% (New Final APR)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Elite [MANDATORY UPDATE] 1.337% APR | POS ONLY  (Read 51111 times)
ThorM

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

Hello Devs!

questions:

Have you hardcoded a MAXIMUM allowed supply or is it open for creating new coins in the future? If it is coded, show me the code please...

Why do people need to have the wallet app running to be staking their coins? Totally unnecessary if it is coded the right way.
Staking is NOT mining. If you coded the coin so that the staking is actually a part of mining / transaction validations, then just say so and explain it..

Looking forward to see this coin mature, I have bought a little.. Is it not safe to leave the coins on Cryptopia?

If you reduce the interest on staking AND we need to have a computer running the program all day (which means breaking down fast!) it is not worth it, I will rather trust Cryptopia, but is there any reason I should not?

Can I request a sound file to exchange the AWP /AWM magnum shot sound in CS 1,6, where it says "Eliiiiiiiiiiite coins!!" ? Smiley

thanks for answering, if you do so...

Thor, Viking, alive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nappsuelze

Activity: 161
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:27:04 AM

Hello Devs!

questions:

Have you hardcoded a MAXIMUM allowed supply or is it open for creating new coins in the future? If it is coded, show me the code please...
No hardcoded maximum. That's why the APR will be reduced. To keep the coin supply limited

Quote from: ThorM

Why do people need to have the wallet app running to be staking their coins? Totally unnecessary if it is coded the right way.
Staking is NOT mining. If you coded the coin so that the staking is actually a part of mining / transaction validations, then just say so and explain it..
It is a proof of stake coin. As with most PoS coins, the staking is what creates the blockchain (you stake == you find a new block). So staking is actually like "mining". It is needed to secure the network and create the chain. That's why the wallet should be open.

Quote from: ThorM

Looking forward to see this coin mature, I have bought a little.. Is it not safe to leave the coins on Cryptopia?

If you reduce the interest on staking AND we need to have a computer running the program all day (which means breaking down fast!) it is not worth it, I will rather trust Cryptopia, but is there any reason I should not?

Can I request a sound file to exchange the AWP /AWM magnum shot sound in CS 1,6, where it says "Eliiiiiiiiiiite coins!!" ? Smiley

Thor, Viking, alive

Leaving coins on an exchange is always risky. They can be hacked and your coins will be gone. You do not control your private keys.
Also, you will not earn stake rewards.

AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:47:45 AM

just went to play snake at playforcrypto and its gone Sad there's just a forum there now unless I'm being dumb

xenonflux (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:31:46 PM

Hello Devs!

questions:

Thor, Viking, alive

Hi, please check nappsuelze's post above for answers to your first 4 questions. Regarding your last question about sound file, its not available yet but i will look into that. Thanks.

Elite Coin | Donate to support development
1337: LeetDevFpGxwdbqcmQbNZAikqqRPBRRZP8 | BTC: 17tuXyRsDEBQrZT99JGsubb6N8sh547XvX | ETH: 0x01E363B7aC2E78EFFa597B0D9eBC50775468C720 | LTC: LXjtkT4ukNqhrRQHufah3aQLqjuJpbZctT
xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:35:43 PM

just went to play snake at playforcrypto and its gone Sad there's just a forum there now unless I'm being dumb

Hi, its still there. Once you sign in, you should see the Snake option at the top as shown below,

1337: LeetDevFpGxwdbqcmQbNZAikqqRPBRRZP8 | BTC: 17tuXyRsDEBQrZT99JGsubb6N8sh547XvX | ETH: 0x01E363B7aC2E78EFFa597B0D9eBC50775468C720 | LTC: LXjtkT4ukNqhrRQHufah3aQLqjuJpbZctT
AltScope

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:13:32 PM

Hi, its still there. Once you sign in, you should see the Snake option at the top as shown below,

sweet cheers xenonflux

xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:17:05 PM

@everyone Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on new core wallet v2.0.0.0. Its coming along pretty well. I am also trying to get in touch with exchanges to get an estimate on ‘how long will it take them to implement this new update’ before deploying the actual update to avoid any issues. I will keep you guys posted. Cheers!

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:51:34 PM

@everyone Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on new core wallet v2.0.0.0. Its coming along pretty well. I am also trying to get in touch with exchanges to get an estimate on ‘how long will it take them to implement this new update’ before deploying the actual update to avoid any issues. I will keep you guys posted. Cheers!

Hey xenonflux,

Glad to hear that the new wallet for Elite is coming along nicely, I can't wait for this new release and the new APR as it should help make Elite more stable in the long term and of course help with inflation. I know some people won't be happy with the low APR but they must think more long term as it should help bring the price up slowly over time. Keep up the good work dev!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
nappsuelze

Activity: 161
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:16:48 PM

@everyone Glad to let you all know that I have finished working on in-game addons. These addons are available for Minecraft and classic Counter-Strike 1.6 (yes people still play 😉). For Minecraft, you can show your love and support by using one of our custom Elite skins or create your own using Nova Skin Editor widget on our site. For Counter-Striker 1.6, you can show your love by using our custom Elite spray. Visit our website https://www.elitecurrency.net/addons for complete details and instructions (Addons is also accessible via drop down Gaming menu on our website). Addons for more games coming soon. Cheers!

Wow! They look awesome mate!

Its been a while since we have seen any developments on the gaming side of Elite so its great to see some new developments, I know you have been busy with the new website and re-brand but like you said once all that was complete, you'll be back to working on the gaming side of the project and that is exactly what you have done. This is one reason why I love this coin as the dev has always stuck to what he has set out and also the community is one of the best in crypto, just join the discord and people will see how great of a community it is. Keep up the good work my friend!

Thanks Vella! Always appreciate your positive feedbacks and support. After few next APR updates, there'll be more gaming updates.

You're welcome mate!

I'm actually looking forward to the next APR update as then this should help inflation in the long term and make the coin more stable in the marketplace. I know some people will think that 1.337% is low but they forget about the compounding effect which actually makes it a lot more over time. I'm also looking forward to more gaming updates as they seem to be doing well each time something is released.

how does the APR staking work? are you paid daily ? or yearly?

You are paid, whenever you find a new block (the frequency depends on the number of coins you have).
The APR simply determines, how big your reward will be.

xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:40:05 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 04:55:54 PM by xenonflux

@everyone Quick update on @EliteTipbot (Twitter Tipbot). It seems like Twitter has blocked write functions on our tipbot account due to which its unable to send reply tweets. I have contacted Twitter regarding the issue. Will keep you all posted. Thank you.

xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:43:21 PM

@everyone FAH payout details for this week, https://www.reddit.com/r/1337Foundation/comments/83ab6k/fh_payout_update_03092018/

vella85

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

@everyone Quick update on @EliteTipbot (Twitter Tipbot). It seems like Twitter has blocked write functions on our tipbot account due to which its unable to send reply tweets. I have contacted Twitter regarding the issue. Will keep you all posted. Thank you.

Thanks for the update on this issue my friend as I thought something was wrong yesterday when I sent a tip to someone and I got no notification about the tip being sent. So I wasn't sure if that person received the tip or not but I think it went through, just no notification that it was sent. I hope its not too long before you get a reply from Twitter mate, in the meantime I'll just hold off sending tips until this is fixed.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
loughlin

Activity: 700

Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:53:16 PM

Hey xenonflux,

Glad to hear that the new wallet for Elite is coming along nicely, I can't wait for this new release and the new APR as it should help make Elite more stable in the long term and of course help with inflation. I know some people won't be happy with the low APR but they must think more long term as it should help bring the price up slowly over time. Keep up the good work dev!

Will it be a mandatory update to the new version? Finally, for a week now, everything works fine in my wallet. Whenever there are some changes, then I have a problem to return everything back to normal.
I hope this time will not be same problem
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:59:34 PM

Hey xenonflux,

Will it be a mandatory update to the new version? Finally, for a week now, everything works fine in my wallet. Whenever there are some changes, then I have a problem to return everything back to normal.

Yes this will be a mandatory update as the new wallet version will have the new 1.337% APR which is the final APR so its a must we all have to update to the new version once its released which I believe will be by the end of the month.

xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:01:31 PM

Thanks for the update on this issue my friend as I thought something was wrong yesterday when I sent a tip to someone and I got no notification about the tip being sent. So I wasn't sure if that person received the tip or not but I think it went through, just no notification that it was sent. I hope its not too long before you get a reply from Twitter mate, in the meantime I'll just hold off sending tips until this is fixed.

Hi Vella, np and yes your tip went through, you just didnt receive the notification due to Twitter blocking the write function. I will keep you guys posted on this. Keep up the good work.

xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:03:45 PM

Hey xenonflux,

Hi, yes it will be a mandatory update and much has changed since the last major update.. for example embedded DNS seed nodes which should cut down major issues you have experienced in the past.

loughlin

Activity: 700

Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:07:21 PM

Hey xenonflux,

Hi, yes it will be a mandatory update and much has changed since the last major update.. for example embedded DNS seed nodes which should cut down major issues you have experienced in the past.

OK. I hope that everything will be ok, no bigger issue. We are waiting for a new wallet update
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:31:23 PM

Hi Vella, np and yes your tip went through, you just didnt receive the notification due to Twitter blocking the write function. I will keep you guys posted on this. Keep up the good work.

Hello xenonflux,

Thank you for letting me know that the tip I sent went through just fine. Thanks, and once I get the update from you saying everything is back to normal with the Twitter tipbot, I'll go back to rewarding/tipping the people who make tweets and support the Elite coin community.

McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:57:21 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 09:16:58 PM by McWorse

Funny... finally today I managed to start a new wallet with a new snapshot and: it synchronized. Yes! (with only one active connection, but better one than none) And I imported my dat and the wallet is showing my balance. Yes! Yes! Yes! But now it stopped synching. So I just came here to take a look, if there will be a working node list around, and what do I have to read: Mandatory update is comming in...
Grin
Well - good that you are working on the project. I will never mind that.
But before I have to delete the old wallet and get in struggle with the new one:
Is somewhere a working node list?
Because: Only a connected wallet is a good wallet.
Wink

Or am I on a wrong chain?
How can I fix that?
Wallet and snapshot (2 days old) have been downloaded today from the elite webpage.

edit:
addnode list can be found here:
https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/1337

But with that I cannot get more than one active connection, which brakes down after a a short time...
Huh

edit 2:

Ok... back to 4 active connections in average. And a beautiful stake on top.
Everything fine now.

Regards!
McW

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
xenonflux (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 10:24:28 PM

edit 2:

Ok... back to 4 active connections in average. And a beautiful stake on top.
Everything fine now.

Regards!
McW

Hi, great...yes it does take some time to establish connections.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: