Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:10:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN K ESCROW SCAMMER (RESOLVED)  (Read 5298 times)
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

Code:
$ pbpaste -Prefer txt | gpg --verify
gpg: Signature made Thu May  2 21:23:07 2013 HST using RSA key ID B3AAEEB0
gpg: BAD signature from "John Koh (johnthedong@bitcointalk) <the.john.is.here@gmail.com>"

Nice try.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:42:45 PM

I may not always use escrow, but when I do, I make sure to use the REAL John K.
Spend safely my friends.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:47:04 PM

SCAMMER JOHN K
<snip>

*Raises eyebrow*

JohnK is probably one of the finest, upstanding members of the Bitcoin community.

Could it be that you were phished/scammed, and it has nothing to do with the real JohnK on these forums ?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:54:00 PM

Wow, epic.

The guy tried to steal from Satoshi itself and he is so retarded that instead of googling "how to import private keys bitcoin" he opens a thread so everybody can see it.

How can someone be SO retard?

Best thing is that he even sent 0.001 to that address, "to try"?

Cheesy

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:44:49 PM

Wow, epic.

The guy tried to steal from Satoshi itself and he is so retarded that instead of googling "how to import private keys bitcoin" he opens a thread so everybody can see it.

How can someone be SO retard?

Best thing is that he even sent 0.001 to that address, "to try"?

Cheesy

It was actually part of his scam, trying to convince everyone he was sitting on 50+ BTC.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:32:28 PM

SCAMMER JOHN K
<snip>

*Raises eyebrow*

JohnK is probably one of the finest, upstanding members of the Bitcoin community.

Could it be that you were phished/scammed, and it has nothing to do with the real JohnK on these forums ?

Nah, he tried to fake my escrow contract, and flipped out when nobody believed it.
Check the special note under my profile here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31288
Kouye

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:56:54 PM

nviere, did you receive the contract directly from John, or was it "forwarded" by ssbtoday ?

Reminds me nviere didn't care to answer... Which leads me into thinking he's the same guy or an accomplice.

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

You dare slander John K.? Lophie is on your trail I suggest you look under your bed before you sleep tonight.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:06:50 AM

The bloke/wench just wants attention, ignore the scamming troll. John's track record speaks for itself.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:18:44 AM

Lol I am planning on travelling abroad soon and contacted a local trader for a face to face Bitcoin/Fiat exchange, I wanted to use John K. as escrow nevertheless  Grin

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:17:43 PM

someone ban this fool off the forum plz....

evan by scammer and stupid noob standards this guys takes the biscuit

Evan, I hope you're not talking about that kind of biscuit.

... can you be more retarded than this?

A) You're looking at an old escrow contract format.

B) I did not send this directly to you.

C) That's not my signature, for God's sake.

I'm PM-ing theymos for his take here.

edit: Also, I'm not dealing with any altcoin escrows for now - too much potential to scam unless I hold both sides of the coin.

That made me chuckle.

So, Bitcoin old time folk that kept insisting we must bring Bitcoin to the masses, that Bitcoin's future depends on mass adoption and all that jazz: this is it. This is "the masses". Are you happy now?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ccplz

Activity: 242
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:21:16 PM

3/10 OP,you can do better.
ssbtoday (OP)

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:33:01 AM

ssbtoday's post history is interesting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58873;sa=showPosts;start=60

1. Some interesting and possibly thoughtful posts up until 24 August last year
2. 6th March this year he posts in the Ripple Giveaway thread.
3. 6 posts in the following three weeks and then 63 posts in the last two hours.

Looks so very very dodgy.

Hello, I'm the real ssbtoday, I have no idea who the hell took over my account in my absence but since June 4th there has been some EXTREMELY dodgy posts without even proper grammar/spelling which is making my nickname bad. Please do something about this Moderators. I would definitely like to know who this Indian fellow is that is hacking my account. I am actually from the US, but I'm not sure who is taking this account for themselves.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235486.msg2488455#msg2488455

Please help if possible.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:55:06 PM

3. 6 posts in the following three weeks and then 63 posts in the last two hours.

Hello, I'm the real ssbtoday, I have no idea who the hell took over my account in my absence but since June 4th there has been some EXTREMELY dodgy posts without even proper grammar/spelling which is making my nickname bad. Please do something about this Moderators. I would definitely like to know who this Indian fellow is that is hacking my account. I am actually from the US, but I'm not sure who is taking this account for themselves.

Please help if possible.

Well I suggest you make a new account since your reputation - if any - is destroyed because even if you took the account back, if you can't secure your forum account why would people think you could secure transactions with them?

ssbtoday (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:13:37 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 05:24:04 PM by ssbtoday

Please help if possible.

Well I suggest you make a new account since your reputation - if any - is destroyed because even if you took the account back, if you can't secure your forum account why would people think you could secure transactions with them?

Honestly, there is absolutely no reason I would be trading online without an official escrow service such as Bitmit, because this is ridiculous. I honestly don't think the tarnished reputation should bother me, but the Indian hacker who accessed my account must have been some special kind of retard.

The only site that I went to that was new was Bips.me, btcfile.com, and perk.com and anything that was on the front of the /r/bitcoin reddit wall that day.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:18:59 PM

Please help if possible.

Hmm... how can you be sure that an Indian fellow is hacking your account? That said, you can go around deleting those posts that you think wasn't posted by you anyway. What do you need from the moderators?
ssbtoday (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:25:08 PM

Please help if possible.

Hmm... how can you be sure that an Indian fellow is hacking your account? That said, you can go around deleting those posts that you think wasn't posted by you anyway. What do you need from the moderators?
I messaged Theymos earlier and he gave me the fellow's IP. Which when geoip'd shows it originates from India.
Kouye

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:50:06 PM

I messaged Theymos earlier and he gave me the fellow's IP. Which when geoip'd shows it originates from India.

You're lucky, we're still waiting for Kruniac's IP.  Angry

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:10:34 PM

Please help if possible.

A good job there's no way to use an IP other than your own then.  Just imagine if it was possible to connect from different IPs without having to travel around the world - we'd have all manner of false accusations then (and even people using different IPs then trying to pretend one IP wasn't them).  Let's hope nothing like that ever becomes possible.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:33:51 PM

Please help if possible.

A good job there's no way to use an IP other than your own then.  Just imagine if it was possible to connect from different IPs without having to travel around the world - we'd have all manner of false accusations then (and even people using different IPs then trying to pretend one IP wasn't them).  Let's hope nothing like that ever becomes possible.

I fuese you are being ironic here Cheesy

LOL

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: