Question: What would you do ?
Buy Altcoins - 28 (24.6%)
Hold BTC - 52 (45.6%)
Neither - 1 (0.9%)
Both - 33 (28.9%)
Total Voters: 114

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold BTC or Buy Altcoins - Hard fork  (Read 4906 times)
RebelAngel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

I also think that it's better to hold. But also from time to time you need to buy some in order to increase the result))
But last time I've also read many articles about high volatility, unstable and even soon falling down for BTC, it's just bad rumours or can be true? Huh Huh
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
najmul33

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:43:18 AM

My Option to buy altcoin & holding bitcoin while the hardfork. if you have a lot of money, I think bitcoin is the best solution for you to make more money.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:47:14 AM

Anyone and everyone should do the two! Hold your bitcoin and by more alt especially the more established one ! Many hurdle is ahead we do not know what is going to happen especially after the november fork! But one thing I know is that crypto currency have come to stay and Bitcoin is in the lead on that. Many countries all of the world will soon join Japan in legalizing bitcoin also.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:11:11 PM

So the hard fork is near and it must be difficult for beginners to what to choose. I am myself confused what to do.
Vote your choice and see the results and share your opinions on the fork.
Obviously everybody would want to make this opportunity a profitable one by increasing the capital. So what do you think would be more profitable out of the given options.

If you want to grow your bitcoin, it is better to invest in ICO but if you are only a good holder. Happy on what you have, hold you bitcoin for a long term. Holding bitcoin will take a little more time rather than investing in ICO. Investing in ICO will get your money grow easily maybe days, months or a couple of months. But it is more risky on ICO and will not guarantee your money back.
The only method which I found the most reliable one for any person is joining a signature campaign. You don't need to worry about any loss and it is a good source of income also as far as the payment is in bitcoin. Majority is earning by this mean and then people shift to trading which is risky but more beneficial in terms of producing profits. Holding on bitcoin can make us millionaire if we hold it for long.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:19:13 PM

It is very dangerous to go against the tide in crypto currency world! I have done it severally and i have been burnt severely. For some of us thst like to stay with our believes on issue of crypto currency, it will be mistake of gigantic proportion not to follow the money or in other words, follow the hype and the direction of the majority. Those majority decisions are always in the shortest term! No when to opt out!
BrownWolf212

Activity: 419
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

I think it's better to buy Altcoins and leave a bit in bitcoin.  It is best to combine these two options to be safe.  I do not think that it's a good idea to sell all the Altcoins and buy only bitcoin because it is not known how much it will cost, and the Altcoins will grow with time
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:33:22 PM

So the hard fork is near and it must be difficult for beginners to what to choose. I am myself confused what to do.
Obviously everybody would want to make this opportunity a profitable one by increasing the capital. So what do you think would be more profitable out of the given options.

This fork has positive outlook from community unlike the previous forks/expected forks as they were fearsome. People this time have understood that Bitcoin isn't beatable through any fork so they have made strategy to hold Bitcoins and dump the forked coins they will get. This is simply free money for them.
That is the reason why all altcoins are dropping and bitcoin is rising. So in my suggestions, it would be better to hold bitcoins and if you want to discrete your investments, go for ICO rather than altcoins.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:33:58 PM

I'm buying altcoins, but I save some bitcoins too, and that is basically what am I doing in past few monthsz beside gambling of course.
People are preparing for bitcoin gold, and unlike the last time there is no panic about upcoming hard fork. This is airdrop, and more bitcoins someone have in wallet means more bitcoin gold coins will get. Bitcoin cash imhave a nice price, I think that bitcoin gold will not cost so much, and I hear that bitcoin gold will be possible to mine with GPUs, I still don't know is it true.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:57:27 PM

I think you should hold your bitcoin in your hands for 25 november. so you can get bitcoingold
this rise is worth up to $ 6,500
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:58:37 PM

really hard fork is getting closer, and I prefer to hold my Bitcoin in comparison to buying altcoins. a little patience to do altcoin trade and wait.
i prefer to hold bitcoin as most of people. Yes it is easy to buy lots of altcoin on cheap price maybe for trading but it is risky and you don't even know that what happen next and this will be risky to invest in altcoin as compare to altcoin.
most of the altcoins are scam and a few are trusted one. at the time of hard fork it is better to buy altcoin at cheap and get benefit from them after hard fork.
7xminer

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:14:05 PM

If you have BTC then hold BTC, but for the long run altcoins is the way (altcoins that have solid background).  Cool
dreambao

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:45:29 PM

if I will buy altcoins

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
Aroshnoor

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:27:43 PM

i think better you hold bitcoin.i hold some bitcoin .and i always trust and believe bitcoin.so if you interested you can invest for btc. before some month btc almost pumped.
nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

I prefer to hold bitcoin, as it gets closer to hardfork, bitcoin prices are getting more expensive. and when the hardfork is finished I will immediately buy altcoin. because of the likelihood of btc will go down in price.
onyek16M

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:40:57 PM

stay hold bitcoin because holder bitcoin will get bitcoingold free..and look like bitcoincash and you can get profit from it.. so stay hold to waiting bitcoin gold

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Spider A4

Activity: 657

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:50:29 PM

My recommended hold BTC because BTC value is just wow. All BTC holder now rich man. BTC cross $5600+ i own only 3BTC but it is my future life asset i think.After 3years or 5years BTC create new dimension over the world.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:55:13 PM

I am deeping into alts too so I will miss this opportunity. But if I were in BTCs instead I would probably want to flip to alts to buy the dips, which potentially could result in higher future gains than BTC gold...

Greedy_bear

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:56:52 PM

IMO, for maximum profit - choose Alts in advance, hold BTC, wait for the fork, sell for Alts as soon as possible. I don't see why any active trader would do otherwise. The only thing I have doubts about is that too many people will think this way and so there won't be much profit.

If you're not an day-to-day trader - don't participate in such high volatility events, just hold what you have if it's going the way the way you expect it.
uzair777

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:41:18 AM

I Prefer to Hold Your BTC. The Price of BTC will be Increase.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

What's going to be profitable? Obviously it is holding bitcoin, and as the fork will come you'll be making some new alt coins and that is bitcoin gold and that's a free money.

Think about it that you'll have an alt coin without doing anything and it's a freebie because you don't have to buy it but by only claiming it when the time of exporting of your bitcoin wallet tutorials came out.

And also this is about to happen that many bitcoin gold holders will sell it eventually for bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: