Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ✅ Xios PoS/PoW No ICO/No Airdrop/No Premine/ ⚡ 485+ Masternodes 🔥Scrypt🔥  (Read 95821 times)
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

I would like to see this coin listed in cryptopia

No new exchanges will be possible until a new wallet is released eradicating the stray forks and addressing the orphan issue. In fact, Xios is fortunate that it's listed on Yobit insomuch as any self-respecting exchange would have disabled their wallet long ago given what has happened to the network.

It's not unusual for ANY coin to fork. A new wallet will not insure a fork-less future for XIOS.
In fact, eliminating forks shouldn't be the focus of the wallet release.

Additional exchanges will like require investment by the devs.
It's not typical for a coin of this size to be community funded for several exchanges.

It's unusual for a coin to fork without anyone knowing about it and people losing their coins because of it.

Why would you lose your coins? Install the files in the announcement thread to get on the correct fork. Even if you sent the coins to a wallet created on the fork, the private key should be in the correct format. Use the wallet file, get on the correct fork and you will receive your coins.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptojai

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

Is all chain issues fixed now ? Mine is in correct chain and staking well.
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:06:09 PM

No new exchanges will be possible until a new wallet is released eradicating the stray forks and addressing the orphan issue. In fact, Xios is fortunate that it's listed on Yobit insomuch as any self-respecting exchange would have disabled their wallet long ago given what has happened to the network.

It's not unusual for ANY coin to fork. A new wallet will not insure a fork-less future for XIOS.

It's not typical for a coin of this size to be community funded for several exchanges.

It's unusual for a coin to fork without anyone knowing about it and people losing their coins because of it.

Why would you lose your coins? Install the files in the announcement thread to get on the correct fork. Even if you sent the coins to a wallet created on the fork, the private key should be in the correct format. Use the wallet file, get on the correct fork and you will receive your coins.

I won't lose any because I don't have any more, I'm waiting to see if the community can revive it, currently it still looks like a dead shitcoin.

People lost their coins when they sent to YoBit from a different fork.

thesavoyard

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:08:11 PM

I won't lose any because I don't have any more, I'm waiting to see if the community can revive it, currently it still looks like a dead shitcoin.

If you send from Yobit they will be on the correct fork. You just need to get your wallet on the correct fork to receive them. If you sent your coins from a wallet that was on an incorrect fork, you didn't send any coins. They are in your wallet on the correct fork.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

If you send from Yobit they will be on the correct fork. You just need to get your wallet on the correct fork to receive them. If you sent your coins from a wallet that was on an incorrect fork, you didn't send any coins. They are in your wallet on the correct fork.

No, if you sent to YoBit's wallet from a different fork, they're in YoBit's wallet on the wrong fork, it would take YoBit importing the private keys of the addresses to the "wrong" wallet  to retrieve them.

davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:15:18 PM

No, if you sent to YoBit's wallet from a different fork, they're in YoBit's wallet on the wrong fork, it would take YoBit importing the private keys of the addresses to the "wrong" wallet  to retrieve them.

AFAIK, YoBit was always the "correct" fork.
If you bought/sold/moved coins using Yobit and lost coins - Yobit will likely try and make you whole.

There are TONS of horror stories with mtGox, Cryptsy and other ghosted exchanges - add them to the pile I guess Angry
thesavoyard

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:19:32 PM

No, if you sent to YoBit's wallet from a different fork, they're in YoBit's wallet on the wrong fork, it would take YoBit importing the private keys of the addresses to the "wrong" wallet  to retrieve them.

I think you mistake what happened. If you have coins in your wallet and want to move them to Yobit. But your wallet is on the wrong fork, your coins will go to Yobit's address on the wrong fork. But on the correct fork, the one Yobit uses, Your wallet broadcast of your transaction never happened. If you get on the right fork, you will see the coins are in your wallet.

Nothing you do on a fork can affect the correct fork. A wrong fork is a like a dreamworld, it didn't really happen.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:21:20 PM

No, if you sent to YoBit's wallet from a different fork, they're in YoBit's wallet on the wrong fork, it would take YoBit importing the private keys of the addresses to the "wrong" wallet  to retrieve them.

If you bought/sold/moved coins using Yobit and lost coins - Yobit will likely try and make you whole.

There are TONS of horror stories with mtGox, Cryptsy and other ghosted exchanges - add them to the pile I guess Angry

Yes, YoBit was on the correct fork, but people sent from the wrong fork when the coin was intentionally sabotaged by Mastertrader777 and whoever he was working with.

It's not really YoBit's fault so I doubt they'd pay up, but people who lost Xios this way should definitely try and contact them to see if they'll retrieve their coins.

Dead Things

Activity: 417

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:22:56 PM

No - they just have to resync to the consensus chain, run a repairwallet and their coins will be back where they belong.

Dead Things

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:25:18 PM

And I certainly didn't intend to indicate that the fork was unusual or that a new wallet will prevent it from ever happening again. Pretty darn sure my post didn't say anything even resembling those things. But a new wallet will be needed to address it, and that will be required prior to listing on a new exchange can even be entertained as a possibility.

davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:26:02 PM

Yes, YoBit was on the correct fork, but people sent from the wrong fork when the coin was intentionally sabotaged by Mastertrader777 and whoever he was working with.

It's not really YoBit's fault so I doubt they'd pay up, but people who lost Xios this way should definitely try and contact them to see if they'll retrieve their coins.

Just re-sync from scratch connecting to ONLY good nodes and you'll find your coins.
Check the discord #announcements channel on how to do this - I've seen you discord recently.
What is the address you "lost" the coins from?
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:26:46 PM

I think you mistake what happened. If you have coins in your wallet and want to move them to Yobit. But your wallet is on the wrong fork, your coins will go to Yobit's address on the wrong fork. But on the correct fork, the one Yobit uses, Your wallet broadcast of your transaction never happened. If you get on the right fork, you will see the coins are in your wallet.

Nothing you do on a fork can affect the correct fork. A wrong fork is a like a dreamworld, it didn't really happen.

As far as I'm aware that's incorrect. The coins are sent to the specified address as long as the transactions are confirmed, whether the addressee is running the right wallet or not. If what you said was correct, paper wallets wouldn't work because there'd be no correct software to receive them.

Happy to be corrected but this is what I've been told from other forks.

davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:26:59 PM

And I certainly didn't intend to indicate that the fork was unusual or that a new wallet will prevent it from ever happening again. Pretty darn sure my post didn't say anything even resembling those things. But a new wallet will be needed to address it, and that will be required prior to listing on a new exchange can even be entertained as a possibility.

Yep - I'm just trying to add some reality to your complaints, which are indeed VERY valid.
Dead Things

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:28:34 PM

Yep - I'm just trying to add some reality to your complaints, which are indeed VERY valid.

Frankly, I have no complaints. I have been enjoying stockpiling Xios at this pricepoint!

davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

As far as I'm aware that's incorrect. The coins are sent to the specified address as long as the transactions are confirmed, whether the addressee is running the right wallet or not. If what you said was correct, paper wallets wouldn't work because there'd be no correct software to receive them.

That has NOT been my experience.
If coins are sent on the "incorrect" fork, it should be like it never happened on the "correct" fork.
If you lost coins, then something else is happening....
Please post the trans ids and address'.
davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:30:27 PM

BTC will likely top-out at $20k in 2018.

Make sure to watch the new episode of "Big Bang Theory" where they will discuss BitCoin (just joking here).
http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bitcoin_Entanglement
Any press is good press for crypto.
Dead Things

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:32:32 PM

Yeah , Mr. burnedbyfees - a wrong fork is like a parallel universe. Nothing that happens there can affect what happens in your universe. But you have to somehow make it back to your own universe before things can get back to normal./

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:33:11 PM

If coins are sent on the "incorrect" fork, it should be like it never happened on the "correct" fork.

I didn't lose coins this way, I read multiple complaints from other people when the sabotage happened.

Perhaps if they reply we can see if they could recover them.

thesavoyard

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:34:38 PM

Happy to be corrected but this is what I've been told from other forks.

You do not have coins in your wallet. All coins are always stored on the blockchain 100% of the time. A wallet, paper or otherwise just lets you send those coins to other addresses, but they stay on the blockchain. If you broadcast a transaction on a wrong fork, that transaction only exists on the wrong fork. The real fork is unaware of the transaction. Yobit cannot refund your coins because they are in your wallet.

mikebacker

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:41:03 PM

I didn't lose coins this way, I read multiple complaints from other people when the sabotage happened.

Perhaps if they reply we can see if they could recover them.

I had two wallets, one on the incorrect chain and one on the correct chain. I made transactions on the incorrect chain (sending coins to yobit) and "lost" all my coins. They weren't really lost thought as they were just on the wrong chain. As soon as I sync'd to the correct chain my previous balance was again available.

As of now, the only coins I "lost" were experimental transactions sent shortly after the fork when we were tyring to figure everything out. The coins were sent from yobit to coinsmarket, as coinsmarket was on the incorrect chain I never recieved those sent from yobit. Coinsmarket has since shut down their xios wallet, and I assume if it gets re-opened to the correct chain my balance will be present.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: