Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manchester Geek Nights - 12th of June : Introduction about Bitcoin  (Read 867 times)
Bamdad (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:11:15 PM

Hi I'm giving a talk about Bitcoins at Manchester, UK. Please join me for the talk, networking, pizza and beers Smiley
About the talk:

Bitcoin is a fairly new distributed open-source digital currency which has got a lot of attentions recently. Since it is a digital currency a lot of developer and geeks have started to trade, develop applications or provide services based on Bitcoin.

During this talk Bamdad is going to share his experience working with Bitcoin and services base on Bitcoin and cover an introduction about :

- What Bitcoin is?
- What is the difference between the current digital currencies and Bitcoin?
- Where you can use Bitcoin?
- How you can buy or sell Bitcoins?
- What developers can do with Bitcoins?
- How you can Mine Bitcoins?
About the speaker:

Bamdad Dashtban is a Developer in Thoughtworks. He has been with Thoughtworks for about a year. He is based on Manchester office and he is very interested in Bitcoin and developing for it.

LiveStream

This event is being streamed online at :

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/1960766/Manchester-Geek-Nights-Bitcoin-Bamdad-Dashtban/

Please note: The office doors are locked at 7.00pm, so don't be late!

Please feel free to contact me if you have problem getting into the building

Twitter : @bamdad #TWUKNorth , #Thoughtworks

Sponsor:

Manchester Geek Nights is sponsored by ThoughtWorks. Pizza and beers will be provided before the talk and we will be heading to KRO bar in Piccadilly Gardens for networking after the talk.

#TWUKNorth , #Thoughtworks
Registration
In order to register please visit:
http://www.meetup.com/manchester-geek-nights/events/122848562/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: