Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Caution: My Hero account has been potentially compromised  (Read 2641 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:40:24 PM

Ok I will wait.

Btw I just learned that signing such a generic message may be a mistake because someone else could use it to impersonate me...:

Impersonate or not, as long as you only have your private keys for yourself, no one can create/sign a message using your address no matter how generic your messages can be. But to play it safe, add what's the purpose of the message, the date you created and signed the message and you're golden.
FuckThemHackers (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:28:04 PM

It has been a week now. I saw this account recovery here from 13th of october:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2267151.msg23024794#msg23024794

Considering mine was hacked in october 9th, im starting to lose hope. I need some sort of input of what's going on.

I just can't believe I was about to become Legendary, and some jackass stole my password and now im stuck. I had PM's to answer and I had to talk to some people and every appointment I had is now on hold.
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:38:06 AM

Considering mine was hacked in october 9th, im starting to lose hope. I need some sort of input of what's going on.

I just can't believe I was about to become Legendary, and some jackass stole my password and now im stuck. I had PM's to answer and I had to talk to some people and every appointment I had is now on hold.

Did you sign a Beast Mark on your forehead, I mean sign a BTC message with your stacked address?

If so, by right it should be fast, as I see some fake account is getting.

I am not as lucky as you. I didn't stack any BTC address here, so my hacked account is 100% not recoverable.

In fact, I wrote in my post that the email address used in my hacked account, before the hack, is the same email address used in this account, but I deleted that post just in case the hacker sees my post again.

Technically, if I am the imposter, I would never be able to register an account with the "victim's" email address.
Even if I know the "victim's" email address, I can't be sure if he changed his email on October 11th in the security log.

For the admin to ignore this simple technical evidence is suspicious.
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:16:41 PM

Did you sign a Beast Mark on your forehead, I mean sign a BTC message with your stacked address?

If so, by right it should be fast, as I see some fake account is getting.

I am not as lucky as you. I didn't stack any BTC address here, so my hacked account is 100% not recoverable.

In fact, I wrote in my post that the email address used in my hacked account, before the hack, is the same email address used in this account, but I deleted that post just in case the hacker sees my post again.

Technically, if I am the imposter, I would never be able to register an account with the "victim's" email address.
Even if I know the "victim's" email address, I can't be sure if he changed his email on October 11th in the security log.

For the admin to ignore this simple technical evidence is suspicious.

I have posted several addresses across the years that I've been posting here. I can sign a message with any of them, including locked threads. manselr is obviously me but I haven't had any reply back from Cyrus yet. It's been 10 days.
jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:04:28 AM

I have posted several addresses across the years that I've been posting here. I can sign a message with any of them, including locked threads. manselr is obviously me but I haven't had any reply back from Cyrus yet. It's been 10 days.
I don't think we are going to get our accounts back any time soon. If accounts can be restored the same day they are reported stolen, why not ours which we have proved enough? This is not fair from Cyrus.
Sikkan666

Activity: 239
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:14:08 AM

I am in the same boat here...my acc "sikkan" got compromised a few days ago. I have PMed mods with apropriate signed message. Hope I will be able to get my acc back soon... :/
jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:01:55 AM

I am in the same boat here...my acc "sikkan" got compromised a few days ago. I have PMed mods with apropriate signed message. Hope I will be able to get my acc back soon... :/
Create a thread like this one and post the proofs. One of the DT members will verify the signature and tag the account.
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:42:05 PM

Still no reply.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 04:40:15 PM

Still no reply.

Maybe post some screenshots too? Private message some moderators?

Not sure what else you can do for now... but I wish you the best!

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:26:07 PM

Still no reply.

Maybe post some screenshots too? Private message some moderators?

Not sure what else you can do for now... but I wish you the best!

What screenshots?

I already signed 2 addresses and PM'd Cyrus with one signed address as requested weeks ago, still no reply...
Lamberialako

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:07:46 PM

not only your account was hacked. bitcointalk and my account was hacked too.
and my friends account, etc, etc. i wrote many PM's without answer
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:13:50 PM

What do you mean Bitcointalk was hacked? the forum's database? looks like it since a ton of people are making threads with hacked accounts.

And I still have no reply from Cyrus, now it has been 21 days..
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

What do you mean Bitcointalk was hacked? the forum's database? looks like it since a ton of people are making threads with hacked accounts.
That was a bit ago, where salted hashes were leaked. This is why there is a consistent number of accounts being hacked (though if someone has a strong password or changes their password frequently it's unlikely to happen without stupidity).

I'm inclined to say that the increase in threads is because of the new security feature which absolutely stumps account trading. More account sellers may have decided to recover their accounts in this way and scam prospective buyers out of their new accounts. This is both a good and bad thing, but if it decreases the amount of trading, then it's an overall boon to the forum.

ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:23:25 PM

Try to write him again.

I was very lucky to wait just not so much.
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

Still nothing. I will wait until 9th to complete a month of wait and if Cyrus doesn't reply i will try with theymos. I have provided enough cryptographic proof, but I will look for all the addresses I can find that I posted with my account and I will sign all of them.

That was a bit ago, where salted hashes were leaked. This is why there is a consistent number of accounts being hacked (though if someone has a strong password or changes their password frequently it's unlikely to happen without stupidity).

I'm inclined to say that the increase in threads is because of the new security feature which absolutely stumps account trading. More account sellers may have decided to recover their accounts in this way and scam prospective buyers out of their new accounts. This is both a good and bad thing, but if it decreases the amount of trading, then it's an overall boon to the forum.

In my case, that is my original account since day 1, so I have no idea how my password got hacked, im a bit paranoid right now about it. Im almost 100% sure I got a new password after the database hack and it's pretty complex. The realistic possibility I see is that the email got hacked since I had a shitty password an never logged in there anyway.
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

It's been more than one month now. Should I try again with Cyrus or send a PM to theymos? I have lost hope that Cyrus will ever reply.

Try to write him again.

How much did you wait and when did you send the PM?

If there is a queue it doesn't make sense that some people get it done before you do when you have been waiting a long time.
ibinsad

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:34:53 AM

It's been more than one month now. Should I try again with Cyrus or send a PM to theymos? I have lost hope that Cyrus will ever reply.

Try to write him again.

If there is a queue it doesn't make sense that some people get it done before you do when you have been waiting a long time.

I waited about 10 days
oficer99999

Activity: 434
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:43:45 PM

Try to write him again.

I waited about 10 days

I have been waiting since October 31 . No answer.
ibinsad

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:51:24 AM

Try to write him again.

I waited about 10 days

I have been waiting since October 31 . No answer.

Try to write again
FuckThemHackers (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:38:56 PM

Try to write him again.

I waited about 10 days

Well, then I don't get it. How come I have been waiting for 40 days and no reply, and you only waited 10 days? if it was a queue, it doesn't make much sense.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: