Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happen If I want to invest bitcoin before the another fok the bitcoingold?  (Read 466 times)
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:57:17 AM

Hard fork is splitting of BTC. You may earn btc and bitcoin gold in same amount. But same as the first fork I think it will only be ignored by many. Bitcoin is still the strongest and most popular currency in used. I think it's because it's the first ever made and been used early. And unlike altcoins and other coins, the use of BTC is efficient.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:54:59 AM

It would be good if you invest in Bitcoin before the fork. This means that you will get the free bonus Bitcoin Gold. 

If you invest in Bitcoin before the hard fork, I don’t think that you will lose money anyway. The price will most probably rise.

However, it must be noted that you will only receive your Bitcoin Gold if you store your Bitcoin in a wallet which gives you access to all your private keys. If this does not occur then you will probably lose all your Bitcoin. I had the misfortune of storing some of my Bitcoin in Coinbase prior to the last hard fork. I received a message on my email the next day saying that I will only be able to withdraw my Bitcoin Cash in some random date (I forgot the date. I am pretty sure it was next year). But even if I did get my Bitcoincash, it probably would not be worth much.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: