Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to convert BTC to USD?  (Read 23973 times)
gateway (OP)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:15:29 PM

Anyone have any recommendations.. I know Mt Gox is around but bank transfers alone to banks can cost $15-20 per transfer.. any ideas on another way to go about this?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:54:19 PM

Why convert, you can directly spend them. I just did a purchase on a bitpay supported merchant, super easy

digitalfog

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

Anyone have any recommendations.. I know Mt Gox is around but bank transfers alone to banks can cost $15-20 per transfer.. any ideas on another way to go about this?

Coinbase.com may be a good option.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:40:43 PM

Check out https://localbitcoins.com/

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
el_Tico

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

"Fly you fools"

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:42:17 PM

I recommend Campbx.com. They can transfer USD to your bank account for free with a ACH Deposit.
gateway (OP)

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:01:39 PM

Thanks all, ill look at a few options, I have heard about coinbase..
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:14:38 AM

Get silver then convert to USD Smiley

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
Kinnardian

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 05:00:43 AM

Shameless advertisement, check out my company BitBox: bitbox.mx
We can also do ach directly to your bank account free of charge.
We'de love to have your feedback.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:27:08 AM

29 postings?
No 1

Activity: 140

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:34:28 AM

29 postings?

click that link and prepare to suffer

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
patricktim

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

mtgox

sayulita

Activity: 881

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:15:22 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 12:38:44 PM by sayulita

Bitcoin-Brokers is offering the Bitcoin community the ability to sell their bitcoins at current MtGox rates and receive cash deposits into their own personal bank accounts.

Starting immediately if you bank at any of the following banks, you can sell your bitcoins for 0% fees and receive 100% of the proceeds from the sale of your bitcoins as a cash deposit into your personal bank account.

-Bank of America
-Capital One
-Citigroup
-JPMorgan Chase
-PNC Financial
-SunTrust
-TD Bank
-US Bancorp
-Wells Fargo

This exciting new service will allow sellers of bitcoins to list their bitcoins for sale on our website and have the buyers make cash deposits into their personal bank account.

Prior to the buyer receiving the bitcoins, the seller will:

-be able to verify via online banking that there has been a cash deposit made into their account for the correct amount.
-receive a scanned copy of the actual deposit slip used during the deposit transaction.
-receive a scanned copy of the business card of the bank employee who accepted the deposit who can be contacted to verify the deposit.

This new service is initially only offered to residents in the USA, though other countries will be rolled out soon.

There are no maximum sized orders, and sellers can test the service with orders as small as $10.

www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:54:21 AM

bitfinex.com, withdrawal via wire is only $10
TheFirstSearcher

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:39:04 PM

A lot of people use https://btc-e.com/
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:54:49 PM

PAYPAL!  Grin
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 05:10:42 PM

PAYPAL!  Grin
Only with people you totally trust!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Kruniac

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:17:16 PM

CampBX - you don't need to verify anything. Just send the coins to your account's deposit address, sell the coins on the exchange, and withdrawal to a bank account. Easiest thing I've ever seen.

Downside: $1000 limit per day for unverified accounts, $10,000 max can be held on your account. Anything over that it seems they lock the account or some such drama.

joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:45:44 PM

PAYPAL!  Grin
Sell them on ebay, they sell for more than market price.

Also, check and/or post on craigslist for local buyers.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:53:28 PM

PAYPAL!  Grin
Sell them on ebay, they sell for more than market price.

Also, check and/or post on craigslist for local buyers.

I do both craigslist and https://localbitcoins.com

They both work but localbitcoins has a built in escrow and trust rating system which makes it better for buying and selling BTC specifically.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:56:54 PM

You can always trade here on the forums, you normally get better deals and competitive pricing. One warning though. Search up the history of the person you are dealing with. Always use escrow in services like this. Try to avoid using paypal and credit cards because of the potential threat of them doing a charge back.

Obviously, some exchanges allow you to do this, I'm not sure if you have tried these in the past and had experience. But, these are the most common way to converting BTC to USD and USD to BTC.

If you want to purchase things with Bitcoins rather than going through the process of converting it, then you should check out bitsumo.com. Enter the url of you're item and they normally order it within 24 hours and get it shipped to you.
If they can't fur fill you're request they will send you you're money back within 48 hours I believe.

There is another site called bitinstant.com which I believe offer the same service, however I'm a bit sceptical of this site, as it has had mixed reviews.
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:58:23 PM

i convert 5k of btc everyday to cash anonymously with debit cards opened under other peoples names

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: