Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Claim safety BCC without any risks?  (Read 261 times)
tulpe123 (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:31:39 PM

hello

i didnt claim my BCC since the fork at 1 august, but i want to do it now as i was thinking couple times if its safe or not as my coldwallet which has no new transactions since may 2016 can be used for it to claim.

im looking for an expirienced forum member with good reputation who is willing to help me, i am willing to give 1 BCC as gift after everything was made successfully.

note: my coldwallet has 3 digit BTC value and i dont want to risk anything

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:34:40 PM

It's really not very hard.

1 - create a new paper wallet. Test it. Send the rest of your Bitcoin there by using the cold storage function of Mycelium.

2 - now all you're left with is your BCC/BCH in your old wallet.

Create a QR code from your old private key. Download Coinomi, add the Bitcoin Cash wallet and sweep the private key into it using the QR code.
tulpe123 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:39:45 PM

thank you for your reply.

so i should NOT send the coins out of the " old " wallet until the BCC are shown at the BCC wallet?  meaning the bitcoins will remain for a short time at the same wallet while iam exposing/importing the private key of that wallet?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:41:30 PM

thank you for your reply.

so i should NOT send the coins out of the " old " wallet until the BCC are shown at the BCC wallet?  meaning the bitcoins will remain for a short time at the same wallet while iam exposing/importing the private key of that wallet?

The Bitcoin is obviously the most valuable bit so wait until they're safely sent into the new wallet with multiple confirmations before you get to work on the BCC. Is this a paper wallet?

Don't do a single other thing until the BTC is out of the wallet and into a new properly generated one.
tulpe123 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:46:54 PM

but as i know if i transfer the bitcoins out of the old wallet to a new one i cant claim no BCC from the " old " wallet as the last transaction was made today ( after the 1 august ) ?

no its not a paperwallet,

i have the privatekeys for that wallet though.

im just unsure how to start i dont want to mess up, as im not sure how long the confirmation takes on that value of bitcoins.

i read the " instruction " from electrum which says, to send the btc away from the old wallet first to a new one and import the private keys of the old empty wallet to claim the coins but its working even after the 1 august if i transfer the coins out of it?
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:53:11 PM

but as i know if i transfer the bitcoins out of the old wallet to a new one i cant claim no BCC from the " old " wallet as the last transaction was made today ( after the 1 august ) ?

no its not a paperwallet,

i have the privatekeys for that wallet though.

im just unsure how to start i dont want to mess up, as im not sure how long the confirmation takes on that value of bitcoins.

i read the " instruction " from electrum which says, to send the btc away from the old wallet first to a new one and import the private keys of the old empty wallet to claim the coins but its working even after the 1 august if i transfer the coins out of it?
You transfer your BTC to a new wallet as a security precaution because you'd be essentially importing your private key into BCC software and it could theoretically get stolen.
If you transfer your BTC to a new wallet, you then import the old wallet's private key into Electron Cash and there will be your BCC, plain and simple.
Theymos has a guide that is basically what I said, in detail: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

Right now both coins are still in the same address with the same balance and it's been like that since August 1st.

Your current wallet will be connected to the Bitcoin network, not the Bitcoin Cash network.

Your private key or seed will be valid on both networks, but you'd need a Bitcoin Cash wallet to access the Bitcoin Cash part.

What you need to do is move the Bitcoin first into a new Bitcoin wallet that you control with new private keys or a seed.  Most people regard six BTC confirmations as more than enough and that should take about an hour.

Once your Bitcoin is safely moved, it's now untouchable and there's zero risk of it being lost to the Bitcoin Cash network.

You will still have access to your Bitcoin Cash with your old seed which is the same balance and address as your Bitcoin was on August 1st as it hasn't moved on that network yet.

Import that seed into a Bitcoin Cash wallet such as this - https://electroncash.org and as long as it's connected to the Bitcoin Cash network it'll be there waiting for you.

tulpe123 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:58:13 PM

thank for taking time.

yes and thats the question, how do electron cash claim my coins if i do a transfer from the old wallet which has no transaction history after 1 august and then claim the coins successfully as i need to " safe " the coins first to a new wallet which will stamp a new transaction into that wallets historie with the date of for example today.

because i was thinking if its working like this i could take all my hotwallets which areent used after 1 august also to claim coins even if they are already empty lol?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:01:24 PM

thank for taking time.

yes and thats the question, how do electron cash claim my coins if i do a transfer from the old wallet which has no transaction history after 1 august and then claim the coins successfully as i need to " safe " the coins first to a new wallet which will stamp a new transaction into that wallets historie with the date of for example today.

because i was thinking if its working like this i could take all my hotwallets which areent used after 1 august also to claim coins even if they are already empty lol?

Electron Cash only reads the Bitcoin Cash network. It doesn't know or care where your Bitcoin has gone. That's the nature of a fork.

You're transferring out of your old wallet on the Bitcoin network first, not Bitcoin Cash.

And yes, if you had any Bitcoin in any wallet at the right time on August 1st there will be BCC ready to spend now.
tulpe123 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:06:55 PM

oh now you brought light into the darkness finally for me.

so just to capture:

the BCC are already at my coldwallet but i dont see them since i use only the bitcoin network to access my bitcoins right now. even if i transfer them now out of that wallet first to any random wallet with private keys to safe them and add the old wallet to a client/software which reads the " bcc network " they will claim me the bcc as they are already into that wallet " invisible " ?

if its so i finally understand it
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:11:54 PM

Exactly. After August 1st they are now two distinct systems and you need different systems to interact with them.

You can do anything with your Bitcoin and the Bitcoin Cash will stay in the old address until you introduce it into a wallet connected to the Bitcoin Cash network.

Because Bitcoin Cash wallets are newer and less trusted, the safest thing to do is move your Bitcoin out of the same address before you show the private keys to a Bitcoin Cash wallet.

Once the Bitcoin is moved from that address on the Bitcoin network, the Bitcoin Cash network doesn't see it. It only sees the original address that hasn't moved since August 1st.
tulpe123 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:14:54 PM

your a charm!

i will do it this week somewhen and contact your by PM to give you the gift. i appreciate for taking time!

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:26:37 PM

The safest way is using a Hardware wallet like Ledger nano s

It implies that you write your priv key on the hardware and is not exposed to hackers. Ledger nano s is multicurrency so You will have acces to your Bitcoins and to your Bitcoin Cash.

Legit ledger shop: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/

This is all you need to know Wink

If do you want to send me 1 BCC, just send me a Direct Message and I'll show you my BCC adress

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: