Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tutorial on bitcoin arbitrage bot  (Read 199 times)
taquitoxz86 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:15 PM

I was thinking of creating a simple arbitrage bot that sell/buy from 2 exchanges based on the price difference between best bid/ask price. I have minimal programming knowledge..is it a daunting task? Thanks for the help.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owolabiayodele

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

I was thinking of creating a simple arbitrage bot that sell/buy from 2 exchanges based on the price difference between best bid/ask price. I have minimal programming knowledge..is it a daunting task? Thanks for the help.

its possible....Check Brutus Software.....www.starbit.com.....But i did not enjoy it when i bought it I have to return it because of its complexity.....But it can give you Idea of what you want to create...They used about 4 exchanges...But i think Two exchanges will make it easier for you and the Brutus Software as other features that makes it complex.
BTFO

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:20:18 PM

If you are looking to learn a programming language like Python this would be an amazing learning real world learning experience that can be use to not only go to the moon but also as a resume for an employer. 
I am embark on this task and it is fun to learn Python and exchange API's with much more work to be done.  It takes alot of work and time however I bet a true developer could whip something up in a week.  There is code on github to get you started.  It is difficult to share or download this type of project because of the risk.
gopnik

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:50:54 AM

Cryptocurrencies arbitrage isn't profitable anymore ayway, unless you are highly experienced in arb systems and c++ and know how to trade with extremely low latency bots that can outperform the domestic bots working on the exchanges servers(certainly not the junk sold in the retail); and even then it would require months of develoment and 24/7 monitoring of the activity and constant adjustements of strategies and updates by developers as it a highly competitive business in a perpetual race. you will be trading margins under 0,3%

The arbitrage ship has already sailed months / years ago, as the market as grown increasingly competitive and aggressive, and is now flooded under bots

You'd better educate yourself and try your luck with mid-long term trading strategies which have been yielding solid returns until now, rather than trying this near zero profit business only accessible to the most advanced and well funded traders
You could just have bought ETH and hold for the past months and made 30x what you have done doing crappy amateur arbitrage
gopnik

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:52:14 AM

If you are looking to learn a programming language like Python this would be an amazing learning real world learning experience that can be use to not only go to the moon but also as a resume for an employer. 
I am embark on this task and it is fun to learn Python and exchange API's with much more work to be done.  It takes alot of work and time however I bet a true developer could whip something up in a week.  There is code on github to get you started.  It is difficult to share or download this type of project because of the risk.

python is not appropriate for low latency bot; you won't make any money with a bot written in Python
redigaffi

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:23:57 AM

I am embark on this task and it is fun to learn Python and exchange API's with much more work to be done.  It takes alot of work and time however I bet a true developer could whip something up in a week.  There is code on github to get you started.  It is difficult to share or download this type of project because of the risk.

python is not appropriate for low latency bot; you won't make any money with a bot written in Python

Why not? That's just bullshit. C++/C isn't a "god" not more. If you don't want to write OS or drivers for hardware or an ASIC, than C++/C is not a good choice. You can use any language, it just doesn't matter, Python, Java, C, C++ , it's your choice and what you prefer. There is no "real" advantage of using C/C++, if there is an advantage, it will be so small then it can't be appreciated.

Earn Money With Skill while having fun, Answer this 6 questions and get a bonus when the project get's launched:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRubC4wu4seHYdDqiZDFsXizqaViUnOtE5sZcx3spjGc84A/viewform
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: