Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner question about free mining sites  (Read 289 times)
FrankNorway

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

In a way, I wouldn't mind a year...if I felt sure of a site and the fact that it wouldn't be hacked. My strategy is more long-term and less daily play.

BTW as a follow up to my experiment, the transaction still has not posted to Coinbase. I haven't checked Startminer for any updates as per yet.

Re:
Coinbase changing the deposit address is completely normal. It should not cause any problems whatsoever.

When I press 'deposit' on my Coinbase account, I get this message:
Only send Bitcoin (BTC) to this address: Sending any other digital asset, including Bitcoin Cash and USDT, will result in permanent loss.

I had forgotten about that exact message but it caused my concern about the address changes. I'm still not entirely sure which message to believe regarding m Coinbase wallet.

I haven't got that fare yet Smiley
But at ther help meneu i found this message:
https://status.coinbase.com/
 Due to high transaction volume, we are currently experiencing delays processing wire transfers. Wire deposits and withdrawals may be delayed by up to 3 business days. Rejected & reversed wires may be delayed by up to 10 business days.
The address you sending til only support bitcoin. They cannot prosess altcoin and will delete the transfer(?) Bitcoin Cach is an altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrankNorway

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:01:14 AM

how does this website works?
what can they do if they just take your bitcoin address? I've already 0.00000480 BTC but don't know what to do

Hi

I guess that you either is under the limit for for payout ore most likely that they dont give away free money if you dont invest.
As mention above startminer is most likely a scam and I wouldn't use any time on it. But if you need the experience please go ahead Smiley
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/startminer.com
cody72

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:02:41 AM

what can they do if they just take your bitcoin address? I've already 0.00000480 BTC but don't know what to do

Hi

I guess that you either is under the limit for for payout ore most likely that they dont give away free money if you dont invest.
As mention above startminer is most likely a scam and I wouldn't use any time on it. But if you need the experience please go ahead Smiley

No, after I sent the message earlier, I read the FAQ and found this

"Can I upgrade startMiner with money on my balance?
startMiner currently does not support upgrading from internal startMiner wallet yet. You can only upgrade using external wallets."

That means that any way you'll have to chip in money..,.that sounds like screaming SCAM. And there is no way to find out how this stuff works.
FrankNorway

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:08:58 AM

Hi

No, after I sent the message earlier, I read the FAQ and found this

startMiner currently does not support upgrading from internal startMiner wallet yet. You can only upgrade using external wallets."

That means that any way you'll have to chip in money..,.that sounds like screaming SCAM. And there is no way to find out how this stuff works.

I almost got scammed myself last week, I'll guess that the scam works since there is so many fake sites...
cheshireworks3 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:41:27 PM

It seems like being led on, doesn't it.

I've always taken the fact that I have 'no skin in the game' (no USD or other invested) pretty seriously. On the one hand, I have nothing to lose. On the other, I don't expect to have my concerns taken as seriously as those of someone who lost real money.

In my optimism, I hoped that these sites, which tend to be new, were interested in the free advertising and chat that free accounts generated. Thus they would make small payouts in order to look good and get positive buzz. If the owners of the site were actually mining, their payouts would be far less than their profits in any case, scam or not.

Even Ponzi schemes, which were mentioned earlier, used that method. They baited people with surprising returns until their victims had been lured sufficiently. That probably would have worked on me. If I saw real returns once I'd be 100% more inclined to make an investment.

I was surprised that I never even got any spam from having my address sold. After all this chat about these sites, it seems like they are scams with crappy business models. We have not heard from a single person that actually was paid by any of the 'free' sites so far.

All the sites I've seen pay out starting at .005. I know that Coinbase's addresses change with every transaction and my research tells me that is the norm. I don't know about the paper wallets mentioned earlier in the thread. I haven't looked into them yet, nor have I 'played' with my Blockchain wallet.

triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:56:00 PM

Free mining sites? Please keep off from those sites , there is nothing good to write about them. Mining takes a lot of resources, hardware, software, mining pool, electricity cost and maintenance . And someone said he is doing it for free. Watch out, I guess they just want traffic to their site.
cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:18:01 PM

Free mining sites? Please keep off from those sites , there is nothing good to write about them. Mining takes a lot of resources, hardware, software, mining pool, electricity cost and maintenance . And someone said he is doing it for free. Watch out, I guess they just want traffic to their site.

I've already agreed they are probably complete scams, but just to play devil's advocate, why would anyone want to draw attention to themselves if they are outright stealing? In my naiveness, I had thought that maybe investment money went to pay for all that equip and electric, like crowdsourcing. I looked into actual mining and it is indeed not cheap and not for the novice.

If there was an honest start-up with that in mind, I'd go for investing in it, as I myself don't have the brains to put together a mining platform. Nor do I have the money, but if I knew someone with the brain part I'd chip in. (At this point, I'd have to know them really well.)

jorinu

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:34:58 PM

I still find the eobot the safest but the problem with eobot is quite little but they still pay enough for investors. There are many new sites that allow you to enter and exploit, but usually these sites die pretty soon.
Bitcoinwinnin

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:37:44 PM

I haven’t had this problem.  Contact start miner to see what they suggest.  Or Coinbase.  But I’d start with the one paying you.
cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:15:37 PM

I haven’t had this problem.  Contact start miner to see what they suggest.  Or Coinbase.  But I’d start with the one paying you.

I emailed SM when I first noted the problem that began this thread. It has been around 3 weeks. I never received a response.

I still find the eobot the safest but the problem with eobot is quite little but they still pay enough for investors. There are many new sites that allow you to enter and exploit, but usually these sites die pretty soon. 

Has either of you actually received your BTC, however small an amount?
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:21:16 PM

@rphk, thank u so much. Its such a wonderful message uv share, for all of us.
I just wonder, y most of airdrops today need to donate even its not a mandatory.
But as a newbie, and dont have amount of eth, how can we start in this cryptoworld
Even in airdrop its almost not legitable for earning?
Im so sorry for this but the truth im the one who cannot afford for investment or buy any kinds of token.

Is there any ways of earning eth token, so that it can b easy to participate airdrops?
Tnx and more power to all of u.. God bless more...

cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:31:44 PM

BTW, it was mentioned that Coinbase is busy.

I coincidentally started this project shortly before the IPO of BTC (or whatever you call the appearance on the Market) happened. I had no idea that the IPO was pending. The busy notification was not there at the when I began and had my first problem. All the sites have become busier since then.
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:48:48 PM

For what I see, trying to earn bitcoin on these sites it's only a loss of time.
Not only, I suspect they use your work as a kind of "proof of work" for other things.
If you can't mine or you can't buy, offer some kind of value as freelancer or other things, and ask to be payed in bitcoin.
Very simple

cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:20:50 AM

I also buy $30 btc a week so I'm not losing out on btc for the sake of free shit.

I personally think that's a really good plan. My view of BTC as an investment, which may be proven utterly wrong of course, is that it will crash in value periodically and gain even more value in long cycles, like Coca Cola stock once did.

I'm a little reluctant to start such a plan right now while BTC is (apparently) peaking...but I'm just guessing like everyone else. I wish I had been doing what you are doing for a few years.
Bitcoinwinnin

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:20:03 AM

Usually you have to have a certain amount before you can cash out. Some do it once a week like the one in my dig and some do it once a month.  Most have minimums I’d like $2.00 usd before you can cash out.
cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:42:41 AM

I also buy $30 btc a week so I'm not losing out on btc for the sake of free shit.

Where do you recommend buying BTC in small amounts?

once a week like the one in my dig

What does that mean?
cheshireworks3 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

Also block chain dot info is another good place to start a wallet and buy on there.

Thanks for that. I do have a BlockChain wallet so I'll start there.

I was expecting a manipulated drop before they even launched the public offering or whatever the term is. I expect nothing less of our fair Wall Street traders. And we complain about BTC's shady side!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: