Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the main Bitcoin scams and how do you protect yourself against them?  (Read 4679 times)
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:10:35 PM

i think one of the main reason of bitcoin scams is that the value of bitcoin is very high, and for greedy people they have to get their hands on that kind of money, so they result into scamming other people, and one way to avoid this kind of incident is to educate yourself so that you will have more background towards bitcoin and you can have some countermeasures from that kind of happenings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:51:45 AM

The time when I discovered bitcoin is also the time I joined a lot of facebook groups here and there. Instead of getting more information to earn bitcoin, I stumbled upon a lot scam investment schemes. So after getting scammed I learned an important lesson which is there is no legit investment site or group in bitcoin that trully exist.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

To determine the fraud impossible. This applies not only to bitcoin. You want to say that the market for Fiat is not a Scam? They are everywhere where the money is. In order not to fall for scams I never make a Deposit. I pay money only upon receipt of the goods. I think that this problem will be solved if there is a demand for such a service. It is not difficult.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:59:06 PM

There is no main because they can scam you anytime here like if you escrow the funds of campaign in bitcointalk forum so to avoid that you need to trust the already trusted here in forum.There so many ways to scam other here in bitcoin like you create a mining site if the scammer spread that kind of site they can scam you even its legit in first week but you dont no the future so it can be turn to scam anytime

roddy5

Activity: 220

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:45:55 AM

You just need to consider bitcoin as a normal money and whenever you are trying to go into a deal always think if the deal is fair. When the person that you are dealing with is willing to loss from that deal that only means that he is trying to scam you. Bitcoin can be converted easily and no one will agreed to have a deal that is unfair.
AttorneyBitcoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:12:24 AM

Thanks for the article, can be useful to keep than in mind.
Anyway, aside the common sense and experience in the crypto, there's no way to prevent against scams. It seems to me that scamers are becoming better and better. Stay tuned and be careful!

Agreed. I second the suggestion about not leaving any larger amounts on trading exchanges. Don't become obsessed with any project, site, scheme that might seem to make you money passively. Watch your investments and always be aware that if a site gets hacked, you probably have no recourse. I like the idea of trying different mining pools, trading platforms or novel sites. Spread it out but go slowly. If you smell trouble pull your coin out.

George D. Greenberg, Esq.
Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.
www.attorneybitcoin.com
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:07:44 AM

This article is really helpful. I hope newbies can get a hold to this piece of information. When I was a newbie in cryptocurrency most specifically on bitcoin, I lost at most $6000 when I entered a phising site. That was a hard way of learning by experience. So I want to advice to all that we should always be vigilant and careful to websites that we enter and don't get caught up by greediness (gambling and mining), there is no easy money out there.  Privacy and Security is also very important. Make sure that you keep your credentials safe and that it is only accessible by you.
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:11:13 PM

Main bitcoin scams can be some untrusted sites asking  for some investment and in return give some amazing and exciting offers .
They will come up with some message or pop-ups such as " you have won 20 btc " to win them provide your private access of your wallet . Such attempts clearly indicates that there is something wrong in them . Falling for such baits can lead to a heavy loss as you provide them with your direct access to the wallet .
Do not share your wallet details with anyone . I know "20 btc" is very tempting but turning for such temptations can be the worst turn you might ever take .       
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:26:14 PM

It is impossible to protect yourself from scams. If you have come to the attention of professionals of the crooks then you have no chance. They always know how to find the keys to your consciousness. But fortunately these scams are very small. Most crooks primitive trapping people in their greed. If you are offered very favorable conditions it is only a Scam.
Ealex

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

Excerpt from: http://bitcoinist.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-common-bitcoin-scams/

The continuous growth of Bitcoin value over time has got a flip side. It has given rise to a whole new cybercrime economy revolving around various scams. Crafty threat actors zero in on unsuspecting victims in a bid to make them lose their Bitcoins in the long run. This article will shed light on today’ most common cryptocurrency-borne frauds so that you can tell the wheat from the chaff when performing Bitcoin-related transactions.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:25:37 PM

It's everywhere. Bitcoin is a widely used currency and can be easily transacted online. And one of it's special characteristics is being anonymous in any transaction. And with that, some peopel are taking thid advantage in a wrong way. They scam people buy selling stuff and asking for Bitcoin payments. The best way to avoid such scams like this is by reading the reviews of the site and the user selling a product. Just always be careful and mindful before transacting something.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

It's everywhere. Bitcoin is a widely used currency and can be easily transacted online. And one of it's special characteristics is being anonymous in any transaction. And with that, some peopel are taking thid advantage in a wrong way. They scam people buy selling stuff and asking for Bitcoin payments. The best way to avoid such scams like this is by reading the reviews of the site and the user selling a product. Just always be careful and mindful before transacting something.
Reviews always you can buy. It is not an indicator. It seems to me that to buy goods only on trusted sites. Unfortunately they very rarely accept payment in bitcoin. You will have to buy for Fiat. If you're not greedy then the network can always find proven and reliable services for the exchange of bitcoins. I don't see a problem. People are to blame that fall into the hands of fraudsters.
Habakkuk77

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:45:39 PM

Scammer are now scattered today.
How we should protect ourselves against them?
Internet has provided us with trusted sites.
Only we need to do is to be careful ti those scammers and be aware of them. Don't trust immediately with others.

[
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:11:47 PM

For me sometimes our senses is enough to determine whether a certain site is scam or not, but sometimes not.  Grin
And also, if you find it so much easier it is a scam because bitcoin is so much hard to earn nowadays. I once encounter a person saying I can earn 5 BTC for just 2 hours by doing such things which is so much easier, and he said all I need to do is invest on him, etc.. WTF!  Angry , a total scam!
That is why bitcoin is sometimes called scam here in our country because of them, and I don't like it.

In order to protect myself from them all I need to do is to understand and be careful on everything. Being careful is so much enough to escape scams in the world of bitcoin. That is all we need to do!
hassan.shakeel.rajpoot

Activity: 32
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

Main scams occur usually during transactions and that is because of your carelessness and impatience. Scams occur when you are so greedy that you accept an offer from buyer/seller that offers you more return but gives you short span of time. These can be avoided by having experience and proper knowledge on bitcoin and its use. And most important, you need patience. 
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:22:58 PM

For me sometimes our senses is enough to determine whether a certain site is scam or not, but sometimes not.  Grin
And also, if you find it so much easier it is a scam because bitcoin is so much hard to earn nowadays. I once encounter a person saying I can earn 5 BTC for just 2 hours by doing such things which is so much easier, and he said all I need to do is invest on him, etc.. WTF!  Angry , a total scam!
That is why bitcoin is sometimes called scam here in our country because of them, and I don't like it.

In order to protect myself from them all I need to do is to understand and be careful on everything. Being careful is so much enough to escape scams in the world of bitcoin. That is all we need to do!
You said was actually true which even our commons sense and awareness would already be enough for us to determine scams.We should always remember that all things that are too good to be true high chances that they are total scams or fraud this is why we should not let ourselves to be deceived on those possible attempts which someone would able to introduce to us. Sometimes our greediness do push us to done such thing but if you do have the awareness and knowledge you can able to spot a scam on the spot. Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: