Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:17:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Monitor  (Read 31009 times)
anselal (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:19 PM

Hello there,

I just want to share with you an "Antminer Monitor" I am developing. You can check the source at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
It is based on Flask, a python web micro-framework. Currently the app support miner model L3+, S7, S9, D3. The features include keeping an eye on temperatures, fan speed, hashrate, total hashrate grouped by model.
There are in-app notifications in case of a problem. Every problem is logged in a file. Currently the log file is not accessible vie the web interface, but will be available in feature releases.
Another requested feature is the ability to reboot/power off the miner, which will soon available (currently working on it)
You can find more information on the projects page at github.
If you would like to contribute you can do so by reporting any error, request new features or create pull requests.

I am very excited about this project. I hope it will help you monitor our miners, especially if you own a lot of them.

Happy mining !!!
please can you help me to know how can i install it

If you followed the instructions but couldn't make the app run pm me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
catalkasik8

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:40:38 PM

Hello there,

I just want to share with you an "Antminer Monitor" I am developing. You can check the source at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
It is based on Flask, a python web micro-framework. Currently the app support miner model L3+, S7, S9, D3. The features include keeping an eye on temperatures, fan speed, hashrate, total hashrate grouped by model.
There are in-app notifications in case of a problem. Every problem is logged in a file. Currently the log file is not accessible vie the web interface, but will be available in feature releases.
Another requested feature is the ability to reboot/power off the miner, which will soon available (currently working on it)
You can find more information on the projects page at github.

Hi Anselal,

Really like what you've done with this app.
I was wondering if there is anyway to edit the Hyperlink that is produced by adding the ip?

It is a local IP but I want to hyperlink a public ip.

So the text on the page is still 192.168.xxx.xxx but the hyperlink is to 212.xxx.xxx.xxx:81

Hopefully this isn't to confusing.
And hopefully possible.

The app communicates with the cgminer api at a default port and not at the web's interface port (80). So just add the ip of the miner and you should be ready to monitor your miners.
Let me know if you have other questions.

Hi Anselal,

That wasn't what I was getting at but I've found what I wanted.
The html file.
I'm trying the change the hyperlink on the webpage to go from a local IP to Public IP, but as I have the HTML file I can figure the rest out.

Thanks for such a swift reply.

exactly same think what im looking for. Anselal says, you can not go to public ip. but you say, from the html file(template file which is located "..\antminer-monitor-master\app\templates" can go to public ip, then you can check yuour miners status REMOTLY. Im trying it but I could not. can you help me please.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:49:19 AM

The app is supposed to run on a local LAN, so all the ip address you add are local ip addresses. For every miner you add, the ip address of that miner is rendered as a hyperlink so you can access your miner's web interface more quickly.
If you are monitoring outside your local LAN e.g. via port forwarding, you won't be able to access the miner's interface. A workaround is to setup a VPN server or connecting to the pc running the #AntminerMonitor e.g. via teamviewer
dinotom

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:50:32 PM

I already have Python 3.6.3 installed on my PC as I am starting to learn Python (Went from VB.net to C#, now trying to learn Python and C++). I saw your antminer monitor, looks great and I'd love to use it as i run a bunch of S9's and L3's.

Will it work on 3.6.3? I see you spec 2.7.3?

I'd love some help getting it installed and configured once I know if my Python version is good.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:51:44 PM

No, it won't work with python 3 since there are some changes to the socket module which I haven't merged yet, although I have tested them and they work.
You need to install python 2 and I think that you have to uninstall python 3. I have seen it not working when both versions were installed.
Try to follow the instructions and if you still have problems just pm
catalkasik8

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:01:23 AM

The app is supposed to run on a local LAN, so all the ip address you add are local ip addresses. For every miner you add, the ip address of that miner is rendered as a hyperlink so you can access your miner's web interface more quickly.
If you are monitoring outside your local LAN e.g. via port forwarding, you won't be able to access the miner's interface. A workaround is to setup a VPN server or connecting to the pc running the #AntminerMonitor e.g. via teamviewer

Hi Anselal,
Thank you very much for your quick response. Additionally I want to appreciate you that creating a helpfull tools for world wide coin miners  for free. Im not an expert coder of python, but Im coding same tool in visual basic now, then I gonna be published to github soon for miners for free. It will be very usefull toll for the mid or long range mining farms in the future, I think. Hovewer, remote control of farm status will be very important for investors. According this, you are kindly requested to work on this issue. If you done this, also you will help all of miners of the World.

Thanks a lot,

gultekin  
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:29:03 AM

Thank you for your kind words. We have implemented some very nice features like reboot/save shutdown etc.. We are currently testing those features and we hope we can release them soon.

I chose python so the app can be platform independent. The app has been tested on Windows, Linux and Mac and runs without any errors. Even more, since the app is web based it is easily accessible remotely.
Hotcooler

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:04:27 AM

Cheers for the software Anselal.

As another suggestion, one can proxy/reverse proxy them through some http server, say apache with mod_proxy. One can also run monitor through the proxy to add SSL, and authorization. Though I'm either bad at it, or I dont understand something, thus had to create couple of rules and modify default root of the web app to get it to work properly..
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:00:58 PM

Cheers for the software Anselal.

As another suggestion, one can proxy/reverse proxy them through some http server, say apache with mod_proxy. One can also run monitor through the proxy to add SSL, and authorization. Though I'm either bad at it, or I dont understand something, thus had to create couple of rules and modify default root of the web app to get it to work properly..

Sorry for the delayed reply. In order to setup SSL you will have to run the app with gunicorn and proxy that on nginx or apache. I prefer nginx since it is easier to use with gunicorn
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:19:35 PM

I've sent a pull request to allow remote management. The idea is that you add port forward to the miners in your router and use this address in the remote host port configuration while you add the miner. The webapp will still be running in the LAN and be able to connect to the RPC ports of the miners and you would be able to access the miners remotely to do anything.

Hi there,

First of all thank you for taking the time to contributing to my little project, I really appreciate it.
I saw your pull request but didn't had the time to reply earlier. I will reply to you at Github !!!
BertTOC

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:15:38 PM

Hey!

Thank you for such great software.  Grin I have small issue, I cant and I dont know how to install this. Could you help with step by step install guide. I followed what you put in the Github but keep getting Systax error and Stgin kind of error.  Huh
adstek

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:34:43 AM

This looks awesome, I've tried to install it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, could anyone help me?
I get error "No module maned pip" when I type in "python -m pip install -r requirements.txt" Huh
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:25:38 AM

This looks awesome, I've tried to install it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, could anyone help me?
I get error "No module maned pip" when I type in "python -m pip install -r requirements.txt" Huh

I assume you are working on a Windows machine ? Uninstall python and reinstall the latest Python2.7 version https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi
adstek

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:07:12 AM

I assume you are working on a Windows machine ? Uninstall python and reinstall the latest Python2.7 version https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi

I’m using Ubuntu, and I have python 2.7
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

Install pip using the following command: `sudo apt-get install python-pip` Wink
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:05:20 AM

Very impressive project.We want to know using this Flask, a python web micro-framework app,
is it compatible with regular operating systems as Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, etc or does it select
specific operating systems.How about the processor speed required and minimum storage requirements?

anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

Very impressive project.We want to know using this Flask, a python web micro-framework app,
is it compatible with regular operating systems as Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, etc or does it select
specific operating systems.How about the processor speed required and minimum storage requirements?

Thank you very much for your kind words. This is tested to run on Windows, Linux, and Mac. It should run flawless on all OSs that support python Wink
I run this app on an old RaspberryPi model B, 1 core CPU, 512MB RAM and it runs very well. It runs a bit better on a RaspberryPi 3 meaning it loads the stats a bit quicker.
I think it can run on older machines too Cheesy
If you try it on older machines I would appreciate any feedback
adstek

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Install pip using the following command: `sudo apt-get install python-pip` Wink

ah lol, thanks!  Grin
ralf007at

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:30:28 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:43:58 PM by frodocooper

Hello Anselal,

thank you for your great software - i use it since a few weeks - today i installed your Version 0.3.0 (before running 0.2.0) then i added a T9 Miner - since then i only get Errors:

Code:
127.0.0.1 - - [31/Jan/2018 09:25:07] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1997, in __call__
    return [Suspicious link removed]gi_app(environ, start_response)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1985, in wsgi_app
    response = self.handle_exception(e)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1540, in handle_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "C:\Python27\app\views\antminer.py", line 95, in miners
    total_hash_rate_per_model[miner.model.model] += float(str(ghs5s))
KeyError: u'T9'

can you help me on this?

thank you!

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to use code tags for the log.)
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:39:04 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:45:29 PM by frodocooper

Hi there,

I updated the installation and upgrade instructions. This is caused because you didn't run the update script. Run `python update_db.py` and you are ready to go !!!

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from ralf007at.)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: