Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:54:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Grail BOUNTY  (Read 36284 times)
fellowtraveler (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:44:22 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 12:53:17 PM by fellowtraveler

EDIT: the bounty is now up to 81+ BTC

EDIT: "CIYAM Open" has offered to allow us to use their system for free, for the purpose of dividing up the tasks, so I suggest we take them up on that offer. I have posted the project there. Please click here and sign up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rassah has donated 18 BTC towards this bounty, and Monetas can pledge an additional 18 BTC as well.
So that's a total of 36 BTC so far, not counting any other contributions.

Anyone else wishing to contribute to this bounty, please send the funds to the OT donation address: 1NtTPVVjDsUfDWybS4BwvHpG2pdS9RnYyQ

This application will actually be rather easy to write, as I can provide the code for all the OT functions, and I will be available to support you and answer all your questions. If any changes are necessary inside OT itself, I will code them for you.

If you are interested in collecting this bounty, please contact me at: chris@monetas.net

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Open Source license.

2. The application itself will be a Systray Menu written in QT / C++.

3. When you click on the Systray Icon, it should display this menu:

MENU:
------------------
Overview...   (Pops up a list of incoming/outgoing transactions and receipts.)
    NOTE: I will provide you the code that generates this data -- you just display it in the GUI.
------------------
Default Nym:    Trader Bob   ( Click: goes to a list of Nyms where you can add / edit / delete )
Default Server:  Digitalis      ( Click: goes to a list of Servers where you can add / edit / delete )
------------------------------------------------
gold account:      $66,422   (Default account, on server.)
gold cash purse:   $40,000   (Cash in local wallet.)
    Note: Clicking on the account should pop up a modal dialog for the account.
    Note: Clicking on the purse should pop up a modal dialog for the purse.
------------------
Withdraw -->   (as Cash or Voucher.)
Deposit  ->   Paste Cash or Cheque. (Deposit into account or local purse.)
------------------
Send Funds-->   Cash, cheque, voucher, or transfer.
Request Payment -->   Send an invoice or a payment plan proposal.
------------------
Advanced --->
   Agreements   (smart contracts)
   Markets        (offers, trades)
   Settings        (Settings tab)
------------------------------------------------
Note: In all cases above, I will provide you the code you'll need for the OT portion of any functionality needed above. I will make this super easy for you.

4. The application will also need to provide an HTTP interface so that external applications can send messages to it.
    For example, I might have a Firefox plugin that sends a "Withdraw Cash" message to OT through the HTTP interface.
    All you have to do when that happens is trigger the same "Withdraw Cash" function from the menu, as if the user had clicked on it.
    (FYI, we're going to model the OpenTransact HTTP interface as closely as possible, although we'll adapt it to OT as necessary.)

5. The application will also need to be able to talk to Bitcoin through Bitcoin's HTTP interface.
    Not much is required here... basically we just want to be able to verify that bitcoins were received,
    and we also want to be able to send a multi-sig transaction. Here's an example of this.
    We also want to be able to do this with colored coins, but I won't hold you to it unless the colored coin guys can provide sample code.

6. The application will also need to be able to talk to Bitmessage through Bitmessage's HTTP interface.
    Basically we just want to be able to send/receive broadcasts, so that we can wire funds between OT servers,
    and have cross-server discovery for trading. The protocol is described here.
    Also, here is sample code for using Bitmessage. Easy, right?
    We will want to use an abstraction layer here.

As I said, I will be available to support you on your development, and will provide pre-written code that does the OT heavy lifting for you.

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:53:41 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 11:38:02 PM by Xenland

Is it possible to claim the bounty as reserved/taken while someone works on it? I'm positive I can accomplish this task if I have no stress of completing the job and in the context of possibly not receiving a reward. Cheesy
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:56:25 AM

I would be happy to host this (and personally help manage it) on CIYAM Open free of charge (http://ciyam.org/open).

Note that CIYAM Open is a system that only locks in *one* dev for an agreed period of time to deliver (and accepted delivery would be determined by a merged git pull request).

If desired this could be divided up into several smaller tasks each of which would be a potion of the *overall* bounty (rather than having the whole thing be a "all or nothing" bounty).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
fellowtraveler (OP)

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:13:55 AM

I don't mind dividing it up if people want to do it that way. For example, one guy does the Bitmessage integration, another guy does the Bitcoin integration, etc. We can even parcel out things like the Chrome plugin, Skype plugin, Firefox plugin, etc.

I've got to hit the sack, I'll check back tomorrow.

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:17:23 AM

I definably claim the sys tray menu GUI in Qt/C++ and the HTTP and Bitcoin Communications, if someone wants to snag OT that would sound like fun! I get started on this  tomorrow.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

Also actual API spec for bitmessage can be found here

https://bitmessage.org/wiki/API_Reference

and dev just added these for just this kind of use

Code:
addSubscription     <address> [label]     Subscribe to an address. label must be base64-encoded.
deleteSubscription <address>           Unsubscribe from an address. The program does not check to see whether you were subscribed in the first place.

GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:19:06 AM

Wait, what is this, a method of P2P currency exchange?
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:48:30 PM

I understand that Bitmessage will be used for service discovery between different OT servers but how these servers will transact between themselves? For instance, the universal currency between Ripple gateways is the XRP. What will be the settlement currency between OT federated servers?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 12:49:14 PM

Wait, what is this, a method of P2P currency exchange?

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0

Still around.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:43:24 PM

14 BTC donated! That should get you up to 50 btc.  Kick ass guys.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:30:40 PM

Glad to see the wheels are starting to turn with Bitmessage and OT. I'd donate to the bounty if I had coin to spare!
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

I am interested in working on this if we can divide up the bounty in advance.   It seems like there are a lot of parts here, so if we can organize who is doing what and for what bounty then I can help take this on.

At the very least I can provide the OS X port / testing / support.   

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:26:44 PM

I am interested in working on this if we can divide up the bounty in advance.   It seems like there are a lot of parts here, so if we can organize who is doing what and for what bounty then I can help take this on.

At the very least I can provide the OS X port / testing / support.   
The bounty should be on dividing the project up into feasible pieces, each of which is assigned a percent of the existing bounty.  The bounty for the break up can be quite small, and the requirements to be met can be FT agreeing that the break up makes sense.

Or perhaps breaking the project up in a reasonable way is simple enough that someone will do it for free.  Anyone working on that?

I recommend that a separate bounty be offered (or broken off from the existing one) to write human unit tests - a description of a testing plan for someone to follow with what is purported to be the final result.  The spec that FT wrote seems marginal to me, but maybe I'm just paranoid :-).

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

Just sent 0.5... and watching this.
coinfunder

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:56:58 PM

I just sent .5 BTC.  Let me know if you like to start a project for this on CoinFunder.  I will waive all fees.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 07:21:35 PM

Watching
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 09:57:25 PM by Xenland

Okay I won't claim it all I'll just do the clicks and menus and gui sys tray stuff and then we'll see what happens. I'm almost positive i understand the purpose of this app but anywho i'll release what i have so far tonight and the original poster can tell me what i dont/do understand this is a fun project already Cheesy

EDIT/UPDATE: I'm really hoping this was targeted at windows because I'm developing in windows with QT already when i started, ( normally do linux by habit )
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:11:36 PM

Preview: System tray
Its the Icon that says OT (Notes also I never code with GUI forms, i only write GUI stuff with code for maximum flexibility, in case any other contributors were wondering what kind of game they need to step up to when contributing, I'd also be willing to help convert publicly those who do code along side QT Gui Forms)
stretchwynand

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:40:11 PM

2 BTC from me! That's on top of the 20 BTC bounty I'm offering for a simple OT web interface bounty.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223914.0
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:39:09 AM

I can see how a QT/C++ app can provide the best of both worlds and allow websites to exist as well, the desktop app will allow a unified method of communicating these messages/transactions to each other all while allowing anyone or any website or desktop app to communicate to the OT desktop app with out the need for every service to have another service just to connect two services. Bitbank should exist along side OT desktop app, and the browser plugins to connect it all
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: