Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Grail BOUNTY  (Read 36272 times)
BitBank

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:23:26 AM

Chris,

We have been working on your "holy grail" idea for a few months now (p2p payment / banking system).  It operates on an internal currency, with a UI already designed.  Please contact me via PM.  I wasn't planning on making the project 'public' until we had everything up and running perfectly, but I didn't want to see you go through all this trouble and step on each other's toes when we already have an analogous solution being developed.  We would be open to working with you to reach our common goal. 

Dave
BitBank

Is your system based on Open-Transactions? ... if not you've just spammed a Project Development thread which is incredibly bad taste ....

I contacted him via PM.  Didn't intend to appear spammy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:31:53 AM

I'm interested to see how this project will be divided... in terms of separate tasks, and the bounty itself. I think that's a great idea because multiple developers working on it means it gets done faster.

I sent some BTC and will send more in the future (OT donation address saved in my address book  Grin)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

Chris,

We have been working on your "holy grail" idea for a few months now (p2p payment / banking system).  It operates on an internal currency, with a UI already designed.  Please contact me via PM.  I wasn't planning on making the project 'public' until we had everything up and running perfectly, but I didn't want to see you go through all this trouble and step on each other's toes when we already have an analogous solution being developed.  We would be open to working with you to reach our common goal. 

Dave
BitBank

Is your system based on Open-Transactions? ... if not you've just spammed a Project Development thread which is incredibly bad taste ....

I contacted him via PM.  Didn't intend to appear spammy.

Ok. Apologies for jumping the gun there ... we all want the same thing, I think.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:35:48 AM

I'm interested in joining. I think fellowtraveller should create an official GitHub repo for the app and publicly accept pull requests. This will make the bounty division more transparent.

Regards!

That would be a great idea if he already has github. i already have some code to publish
fellowtraveler (OP)

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:03:34 AM

I understand that Bitmessage will be used for service discovery between different OT servers but how these servers will transact between themselves? For instance, the universal currency between Ripple gateways is the XRP. What will be the settlement currency between OT federated servers?

See the protocols described in the pastebins linked from this first post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0

OT servers will not have their own "settlement currency." Using the protocols it's already possible to wire funds between servers and also, BTW itself can serve as a "universal glue." (I don't think having our own "OT currency" is the right solution.)

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:10:26 AM

There have been several people popping up to do this project, and I think we can divide the tasks between them.

I have created a new github repository for the project.

The bounty is now up to 63.19 BTC.

co-founder, Monetas
fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:31:24 AM

Tasks.  (Since several people have volunteered, I'd like you to specify tasks you are going to own.)

--- Who wants to do the HTTP interface?

--- Who wants to do the Bitcoin (multisig) integration?

--- Who wants to do the colored coin stuff?

--- Who wants to do the Bitmessage integration?

--- Who wants to do the systray GUI (I will provide the necessary OT calls.)

co-founder, Monetas
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:37:52 AM

Tasks.  (Since several people have volunteered, I'd like you to specify tasks you are going to own.)

--- Who wants to do the HTTP interface?

--- Who wants to do the Bitcoin (multisig) integration?

--- Who wants to do the colored coin stuff?

--- Who wants to do the Bitmessage integration?

--- Who wants to do the systray GUI (I will provide the necessary OT calls.)

I claim systray GUI since I already have code going/posted up.
and will claim HTTP interface.

I can do it all but i don't want to be greedy anyone else can claim the rest I look forward to working with the others that join Smiley
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:10:36 AM

See the protocols described in the pastebins linked from this first post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0

Let's say Alice is someone who wants to transfer Silver Grams from Server A to Server B.
Are Silver Grams from Server A and Silver Grams from Server B issued by different Issuers? If so then they'll be totally different assets. If Bob is willing to exchange Asset B against Asset A then he has to maintain Asset B account on Server A? Is that correct?
fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:25:13 AM

Let's say Alice is someone who wants to transfer Silver Grams from Server A to Server B.
Are Silver Grams from Server A and Silver Grams from Server B issued by different Issuers? If so then they'll be totally different assets.

--- In the protocol, I am assuming it's the same asset type on both servers (same issuer.) You would need the same asset type ID in order for the discovery to work over Bitmessage the way I've described.

--- But I guess you could do it either way. A slightly modified version of the protocol would be used in the case where they are different issuers.

--- I'd think if we're talking about two different asset types, then Alice would simply convert the asset type first (on the market) and then perform the wire. (Of course a smart wallet could automate this for her.)

If Bob is willing to exchange Asset B against Asset A then he has to maintain Asset B account on Server A? Is that correct?

--- This is correct.

--- The servers could also maintain accounts with each other.

--- You could also convert the asset to BTC on the market, and then move it to any server, and then convert it back.

co-founder, Monetas
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:57:25 AM

--- In the protocol, I am assuming it's the same asset type on both servers (same issuer.) You would need the same asset type ID in order for the discovery to work over Bitmessage the way I've described.
If it is the same asset type ID I'm not sure why would Alice want to transfer it from Server A to Server B for a fee. Who is the beneficiary of that transfer on Server B?
fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:08:15 AM

If it is the same asset type ID I'm not sure why would Alice want to transfer it from Server A to Server B for a fee. Who is the beneficiary of that transfer on Server B?

Alice.

co-founder, Monetas
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:38:43 PM

I am interested in BitMessage integration.

And if there is a 'market' GUI potentially that too.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

I understand that OT is open source like Ripple, but is it also centralized like Ripple as well? What makes OT any different than Ripple? Bitmessage is a decentralized messaging system that could relay Ripple gateways as well as OT servers could it not?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 03:07:25 PM

I understand that OT is open source like Ripple,

Currently Ripple is *not* open source (and it needs XRP which OT does not).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

Ah, I see they have a GitHub, but no source files. Suspicious Scam.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

I am a little surprised that Namecoin isn't in the mix here.

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:51:48 PM

All i know is that I claimed the systray gui part, and the HTTP interface so that it can accept commands. I hear you bitmessage is still open and I've heard that you know how to get it integrated, you should message me and we will work together, if you claim the bitmessage part Smiley

Me an felllowtravler were discussing diff qt versions last night, today I will post what i have so far to the githubpage, or you can check out my github page to see that i forked the project already and posted up some things https://github.com/Xenland/Moneychanger
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:02:02 PM

All i know is that I claimed the systray gui part, and the HTTP interface so that it can accept commands. I hear you bitmessage is still open and I've heard that you know how to get it integrated, you should message me and we will work together, if you claim the bitmessage part Smiley

Me an felllowtravler were discussing diff qt versions last night, today I will post what i have so far to the githubpage, or you can check out my github page to see that i forked the project already and posted up some things https://github.com/Xenland/Moneychanger

Lets just say I have dual use for BitMessage integration and I will leave the GUI to you.  The annoying thing about bitmessage is that it depends upon PyQt is and is a pain to deploy.   It would be nice if there were a Qt GUI for bitmessage that integrated at the protocol level... but I suspect that would require a bigger bounty and is outside the scope of this.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:04:41 PM

I know that OT uses 'mailboxes' for unsigned transactions and even invoices / messages etc.  Is the idea to replace the mailbox infrastructure with BitMessage?

Or would all messages be directed to a specific OT server identified by a BM address and thus simply replace the HTTP protocol for communicating with an OT server?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: