Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arguing with one of my other IT friends about bitcoin...  (Read 3442 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:24:42 AM

He is so wrong that I suspect he actually have some kind of brain damage.

1. His dual Xeons are uttermost crap. SSD and 128GB RAM are not even beneficial for CPU mining, where speed not size matters. Almost all servers have ECC memory that have additional latency compared to hardcore enthusiast memory.

2. MtGox actually stands for MtGoatse. All this Magic The Gathering Online Exchange is just elaborate way to mask the true origins of MtGox. Just think about it - who will create such nonsense name as "magic the gathering online exchange".

Most server admins are actually this stupid. Because when people pass their 30-ties they start to degrade, their brains stop to learn and they are stuck in past. No surprise that 17 year olds are pwning servers run by large corporations and oldfart admins receiving salaries with 4 digits.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:59:17 AM

How much education do your friend have ?

One thing I find stupid is people holding beliefs that are just kind of made up just to fit their world view. If I wanted to talk extensively about anything, I sure as hell would make sure I knew A LOT about it, and did my research first. As it is, there's a few things I know a whole lot about, and many things I don't know a whole lot about. I don't speak much of the things I don't know a whole lot about.

That's a golden rule to be held. For your friend to do all this research, it's weird he didn't learn more about bitcoin. If he wants to educate himself, fine - or otherwise, he should just stick to selling servers.

BTW  - what IT professionals taking security and privacy concerns seriously actually uses Facebook ?
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:05:37 AM

Bitcoin is quite a big thing, is he aware of the whitepaper? Did he read it ? Not sure why he got hung up with magic the gathering stuff, that's kind of irrelevant to bitcoin, it's a bit like a car repair shop (mTgox) should be discredited because it was a restaurant (Magic the gathering exchange) there before serving asian dishes.
Eri

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:34:51 AM

Hes confusing Megahertz with MegaHash ie. 400Mhash card vs 400Mhertz cpu etc. if he thinks a cpu can do that it kinda explains his point of view, though he would still be massively exaggerating.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: