Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XUN] UltraNote Release TODAY instead of 20th of October 2017 \o/  (Read 9715 times)
SkrillX

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:02:25 PM

Hi everyone, please see if you can start mining again.

I have reported the issues you're experiencing regarding the Linux wallet and compiling the libboost.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dunedainbob

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:04:54 PM

I have reported the issues you're experiencing regarding the Linux wallet and compiling the libboost.

Start mining where?  where is the pool info?  Have you changed to mainnet yet?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ultramen

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:06:20 PM

Still stuck at block 985
Liammullen

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:08:21 PM

Sweet! A new coin! Cryptonite is only CPU mining? This cannot be mined by graphic cards or how is that?

What is the pre-mine for this developers?

Yes u can mine with a graphic card I mining with a rx 470 and get around 400-450 hash
beybietron

Activity: 238

AcVDC8b55Co8TBtZdQC96i9GZgBCUisBb5

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:10:24 PM

I thought there were 8 devs wathcing this thread lol
Anyone of the devs, can you please confirm if we're just mining test net right now? It sucks to waste mining resources please.

bewmint

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Network down right?
Liammullen

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:20:58 PM

Network down right?
Seem like it just hope it is fix before it fully released
ultramen

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:26:31 PM

This is what i got when open wallet-cli
nanona

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:31:40 PM

Block Rewards

Initial XUN block reward (on Oct 20th, 2017) will be 320 000 XUN, with a halving period every month for the first 12 months. This provides the main XUN coin unit amount for free market use and reduces the likelihood of miners manipulation in future, thus making a Libertarian Crypto Economy more achievable.

2 month – 320,000 XUN
4 month – 160,000 XUN
6 month – 80,000 XUN
8 month – 40,000 XUN
10 month – 20,000 XUN
12 month – 10,000 XUN
14 month – 5,000 XUN
16 month – 2,500 XUN
18 month – 1,250 XUN
20 month - 625 XUN
22 month - 312.5 XUN
24 month - 156.25 XUN
26 month - 150 XUN

Which one is it? "With a halving period every month for the first 12 months" OR what is shown in the table?
okan1964

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:33:00 PM

Hi, can anyone put the wallet.exe link here?
dunedainbob

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:36:30 PM

Sweet! A new coin! Cryptonite is only CPU mining? This cannot be mined by graphic cards or how is that?

ANN says there is no pre-mine.

Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
bewmint

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:39:03 PM

Hi, can anyone put the wallet.exe link here?

https://ultranote.org/UltraNoteWallet-WIN.zip
 Grin
dunedainbob

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:43:36 PM

Hello everyone, this is Digitalnotenan/Ultranotenan from the XDN and XUN Ryver forums.

Our apologies from the XUN devs. Someone found a way to mine XUN before launch and we were forced to launch early. Do not worry. That individual only mined for a few hours before we launched. XUN is designed so that 80% of the coins where mined during a 30 year period unlike XDN which most of the coins are mined the 1st. year. We encourage everyone to head over to pool.ultranote.org to check if the pools are back and running again as we are trying to fix the problem. Do no be intimidated by the amount of blocks. That is a very small amount due to the short block target time. We will try to answer your questions once we have more answers ourselves. If it makes any of you feel better I myself have not started mining as I am a mac user, so alot of you will become alot wealthier than me. Best intentions and please have us patience.

-Darknotenan

Wait, you want us to just let go that someone out there has 980+ blocks?  That's ridiculous.  Why would I want to invest in a coin where some anonymous guy is going to dump the second we hit an exchange?  Please make a new genesis block and re-launch.  You want your legacy to be a stutter-start launch with an anonymous pre-mine?

Edit: for the record I don't think anyone's scamming, and this is up to the devs.  But I don't understand why they're okay with someone stealing their hard work.  Re-launch, to punish the one who stole your mining early.

nanona

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:46:26 PM

ANN says there is no pre-mine.

The pool shows that a couple hundred blocks have been mined before the ANN was made today and the one and only payment the pool ever made was on "9/28/2017, 3:02:01 AM".

I have pointed some kH/s shortly to the pool to see if it works. It does not work and is still stuck at block 985. At that ridiculously low difficulty of 319035 it should be raining blocks, yet nothing. BROKEN. Dead on arrival.
okan1964

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:51:51 PM

Hi devs, we need start fresh after the network is ok. It is not fair one guy steal 980 blocks reward. This will cause dump on the exchange!

@bewmint, thanks for the wallet link:)
beenal2

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:52:40 PM

Hello everyone, this is Digitalnotenan/Ultranotenan from the XDN and XUN Ryver forums.

Our apologies from the XUN devs. Someone found a way to mine XUN before launch and we were forced to launch early. Do not worry. That individual only mined for a few hours before we launched. XUN is designed so that 80% of the coins where mined during a 30 year period unlike XDN which most of the coins are mined the 1st. year. We encourage everyone to head over to pool.ultranote.org to check if the pools are back and running again as we are trying to fix the problem. Do no be intimidated by the amount of blocks. That is a very small amount due to the short block target time. We will try to answer your questions once we have more answers ourselves. If it makes any of you feel better I myself have not started mining as I am a mac user, so alot of you will become alot wealthier than me. Best intentions and please have us patience.

-Darknotenan

Wait, you want us to just let go that someone out there has 980+ blocks?  That's ridiculous.  Why would I want to invest in a coin where some anonymous guy is going to dump the second we hit an exchange?  Please make a new genesis block and re-launch.  You want your legacy to be a stutter-start launch with an anonymous pre-mine?

Edit: for the record I don't think anyone's scamming, and this is up to the devs.  But I don't understand why they're okay with someone stealing their hard work.  Re-launch, to punish the one who stole your mining early.

Like state "no premine", then ominously an "anonymous" guy mined some 1k blocks...oops  Roll Eyes
nanona

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:53:26 PM

-Darknotenan

From the ANN:

Pre-mining has not been allowed on the UltraNote public blockchain, it goes against the libertarian economy mantra of the Dev team. Anybody can mine from 20th October 2017 @ 00:00 GMT.

You better replace your "libertarian economic mantra" story in the ANN with that fairy tale about "someone found a way to mine XUN before launch".

dunedainbob

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:55:11 PM

-Darknotenan

Like state "no premine", then ominously an "anonymous" guy mined some 1k blocks...oops  Roll Eyes

See, you might be right or you might not be, but this anonymous mine will always hand over the coin's head.  Many will blame devs and think devs are lying and mined for themselves.  Many others will be afraid of dump on exchange.  This will hurt devs long term even if its not their fault, and poison the ecosystem.

Do the smart thing and re-launch.

beybietron

Activity: 238

AcVDC8b55Co8TBtZdQC96i9GZgBCUisBb5

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:58:38 PM

It hurts me that I wasted resources mining a broken chain, but the guys above me are right.

For your dignity and reputation devs, and the future reputation of this coin, please re-launch form block 0.

dunedainbob

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

-Darknotenan

980+ blocks were mined by 12-24 miners when we launched. The individual did not get away with much. We caught it the second he started mining. Even so 980 blocks is a very tiny amount for this coin.

"We caught it the second he started mining" = "we started mining too, so it was okay".

I'm not going to pitchfork, but watch how much FUD is going to come from others if you don't re-launch.  What exactly do you see as the downside of re-launch?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: