Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptos and politics  (Read 412 times)
TabeMan (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:03:38 PM

Do you see bitcoin changing the way politicans run for office? Will there be politicans openly for bitcoin??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blockgraham

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:58:33 PM

I'd hope they would. But it's generally dependent on the kind of government. Since bitcoin is decentralized it really is a threat to them. I mean there will be far less corruption in case of bitcoin being successful. Well, at least to some extent. So it's quite logical they will try to regulate crypto currencies as much as they can. So probably most of the governments will have to accept bitcoin due to its popularity. But it will also imply precise regulation to preserve power.
taka0303

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:21:03 AM

I'd hope so too.
But in practice it will be difficult Sad
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:00:50 PM

Do you see bitcoin changing the way politicans run for office? Will there be politicans openly for bitcoin??

No. First of all, voters won't give a damn if a politician claims he's for bitcoin. There's more to politics that doesn't have connection with btc. You're going to have a hard time putting the two together

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
wywialm

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

relevant:
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/blockchain-of-command/528543/
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:30:34 PM

i do not think so. politics and economics are having closed related in real life. but bitcoin has been through some years and already has its own active community that always supports it existence.
So if someone is involved in politics by associating with the issue of bitcoin, I do not think it would have much effect, an other side bitcoin created because of the saturation of the old economic system with the many rules, bitcoin may affect some people's point of view people but not in politics I think.
Lynchfondu

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

Yeah I can't see Bitcoin become a topic for discussion among politicians necessarily in the near-term. They're more likely to discuss ICO's as a risk to investors, rather than a cryptocurrency by which they are already benefiting from as a taxable income.
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:47:09 PM

There shouldnt be and I hope there wont be because that would only make bitcoin more centralized. I understand that a few people have more power now but their power is kind of limited in the sense that if the market does not react the way you wish it will go bad for you. If you have the elected power of a politician who can make moves without garnering the interest of the market you have a setup for disaster. It simply wont happen in this decentralized market we have created, it goes against all the virtues and beliefs that this market stand upon.

cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:56:47 PM

My country has many more problems, and our politicians are more concerned with their wallets than with mine Grin So I guess crypto market will remain open still for a long time
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:20:33 PM

Politicians usually have no idea about how cryptos work and what they are.
markcross

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:02:27 AM

The benefit of blockchain and cryptocurrency is reducing our need for government and their ability to interfere.  With voting applications like Aragon and the ability to form voluntary groups that government can't track, we can address problems we as a group want to--not call on government to get involved.
Lots of good quotes from BC, Crypto books on this:
In Cryptonomicon, Neal Stephenson mentioned the philosophy of “Extropianism,” “that technology has made us post-human. That Homo sapiens plus technology is effectively a whole new species: immortal, omnipresent because of the Net, and headed towards omnipotence.”
William Mougayar, author of The Business Blockchain, argues that “The blockchain’s raison d’etre is to enable us to imagine a new world that will be largely decentralized.  Decentralization does not mean anarchy or performing illegal acts.  It means that an individual user is more empowered and less restricted.”
The last chapter of William Mougayar’s excellent book, The Business Blockchain, is titled “Decentralization as The Way Forward.”  Mougayar sees decentralization and individual empowerment, but via voluntary, collective efforts with “many contributors, many beneficiaries, and many leaders working in harmony.” 
By leveraging blockchain and cryptocurrency to decentralize and empower the actions of individuals organized into small voluntary groups, we can work to reduce Big Corporation and Big Government power.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:29:30 AM

Politicians are a burden to any changes. They live for themselves Embarrassed
Peeter_Cash

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:58:57 PM

Russia plans to ban bitcoin
Agetan

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:21:18 PM

Maybe yes. Because one of our politican in my country become advisor in on of ico project.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

Aren't politicians really there for the people who vote them into power, if any politicians stands a campaign against bitcoin, I a, sure that the said politician will lose because no one will vote for someone who threatens to take their source of livelihood out of their hands.
robertoquaglia

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:37:04 AM

I am afraid with cryptos politicians will actually have a much easier way to get bribes without being cought  Cheesy
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:33:47 AM

I think politics will exist in various lines of life. from the lowest life there will be politics. especially in the crypto world. as investors who provide coins will play the price for personal gain, but they will share the benefits with the participant. with that, then politics is included in crypto activity.
19dimasik77

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:35:42 PM

Progress is evident. If at the beginning of the year in our country there was only mistrust, now there is a great interest and attempts to introduce taxes.  Grin
ronbt

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:27:53 PM

When I tell people I am in crypto, I often get a rampage how all this stuff is a government conspiracy, like NSA stuff and experiment. Yeah right.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

I've never saw in news or any articles that politicians are openly for bitcoins. I think that bitcoin is a threat politicians sinde they cannot corrupt because bitcoin is decentralized. Government can't manipulate the people and they cannot set a tax. I am thinking that they can do that by controlling bitcoin also.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: